Clan Vs Is Happening Again

576 replies to this topic

#41 worm4981

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 30 July 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

I am solo dropping all the time and it was ALWAYS mixed. I need to see it to believe it. :P

want some more to help you belive?

Posted Image

#42 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

Wait.... pure pug...

So the players that love the game and spent money on it and probably play all the time...

Vs the players that still only have IS mechs because they play a couple times a month mixed with IS purists.

I could see that being very stompy, at this juncture.

#43 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

hey guys, "clan is not op, just different"

lel

#44 DaddyP1G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Just had three straight IS vs Clan matches. Each time i did over 500 damage in IS, and we got STOMPED..

Congrats, you just killed pug games.

#45 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Those that are complaining about being stomped did it ever occur to you that maybe...just maybe PGI is running live tests to see how they might want to balance teams for Clan vs IS?

I prefer a test like this on live rather than the test server because they are able to get much better data due to how many players are on.

#46 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Excellent...now to fine tune the amount of Clan mechs needed to make it fair vs the IS. Or maybe PGI could raise the IS side to 16 and make 16 vs 10...

Posted Image

#47 EkstEasy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 125 posts
  • LocationBehind enemy lines

That's PGI's definiton of fun. Maybe they're just from a different universe where frustration and f*cked up matchmakers mean fun and balanced gaming, dunno...

#48 Bromineberry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

View PostKibble, on 30 July 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Those that are complaining about being stomped did it ever occur to you that maybe...just maybe PGI is running live tests to see how they might want to balance teams for Clan vs IS?

I prefer a test like this on live rather than the test server because they are able to get much better data due to how many players are on.

This is my theory. I highly doubt, that something like that happens "just because something went wrong" with the matchmaker.

#49 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Dammit. Why did they have to do this while I'm at work?! I'd love to see how well I could fare against a 12 v 12 clan invasion as IS... regardless of stomps.

#50 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

View PostTechnoviking, on 30 July 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Wait.... pure pug...

So the players that love the game and spent money on it and probably play all the time...

Vs the players that still only have IS mechs because they play a couple times a month mixed with IS purists.

Oh come on. What about the people running heroes on the IS side? Are they just casuals? Are these casuals somehow just getting grouped together while the other side gets all veterans? Do casuals somehow all have the same elo as these veterans?

#51 Dirgez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 118 posts

View PostMister Blastman, on 30 July 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

I think it is just bads vs bads and the IS doods aren't taking viable builds.

I have seen many terrible loadouts... face palm worthy loadouts. I think there needs to be some integrated system to help players learn and understand competent loadouts.

#52 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostBromineberry, on 30 July 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

This is my theory. I highly doubt, that something like that happens "just because something went wrong" with the matchmaker.

Yeah it's fairly obvious that this is on purpose at this point. They did a test like this a week ago, though that one was announced.

#53 DaddyP1G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

I have to admit... it made me want to prove something on the IS side... too many newbies play IS only and you just can't CARRY that much.

#54 Iron Riding Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Well to be honest I thank there are 3-4 trial mechs un that pec. 4 noobs right there

#55 Tharnes

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 30 July 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Come on, don't find excuses. Bad players cause stomps, not certain mechs.

Well bad players using clans in pugs are much more effective than bad players in IS mechs.
There are really horrible timber players out there, they still do good because of the mech alone.

#56 Samual Kalkin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

I love this. It illustrates so perfectly that cowering like a ***** is the surest way to LOSE.

#57 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostTharnes, on 30 July 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Well bad players using clans in pugs are much more effective than bad players in IS mechs.
There are really horrible timber players out there, they still do good because of the mech alone.

So do like I do, keep fighting till you learn how to beat them at least 50% of the time, Then you know you are good, or if you cannot, that you are not as good as you thought you were. :P

#58 TyrEol

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

The best match I had all evening so far was IS vs IS, the rest playing as either IS or clan just aren't much fun

#59 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

View Postworm4981, on 30 July 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

want some more to help you belive?

No, I need to see it myself in a match. Had only mixed teams in my last 42 matches since last patch. Maybe it happens on purpose for some reason because it makes absolutely no sense for random matching to split IS and Clan and the matchmaker shouldn't work like that.

#60 Khushrenada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGermany

View PostTechnoviking, on 30 July 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Wait.... pure pug...

jep, thats right... so casual players dont have the right to have fun in the game and need to be stomped?
new players of course need to be stomped as well.
L2P all the way?
nice ignorant post there, trying to defend the shiny clan mechs, that need to be op, since people payed money for them, right?

View PostKibble, on 30 July 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

nothing wrong with that, if thats the case. a little note/message on that from the devs would have been nice before throwing the IS pilots into the meat grinder though....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users