Clan Mech Horizontal Arm Swing Re-Design

1 reply to this topic

Poll: How should horizontal arm swing in clan mechs be determined? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Should clan mech arm swing be determined by the recoil of the weapon instead of by weight and type of weapon?

1. Yes (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

I think PGI should redesign the horizontal arm swing mechanic for clan mechs. Rightnow even if a clan mech has a lower arm actuator in its arms it will not function if certain weapons are equipped. Some people get lucky an a glitch occurs that allows them to have horizontal arm swing when they should not. Right now mounting any Ballastics, PPC, or weapon that weighs more then 5 tons will remove horizontal arm swing, or reduce it if both arms have the actuators but only one has a restricted weapon. Here is an image of my mech Radiance™.Posted Image

Now up until the patch before the current patch it allowed me to have some horizontal arm swing. After the patch I found out that I had that arm swing due to a glitch despite having a lower arm actuator. Now I was upset because Radiance™ is a sniper and that arm swing is important to me, along with having a large pulse in each arm.

Well here is my suggestion to horizontal arm swing.
1. Arm swing should be determined by weapon recoil.
2. Recoil should give a penalty to arm swing not just completely remove it. Meaning that you could potentially mount a uac20 in each arm and still have 15 degrees of arm swing if both arms have lower arm actuators.
3. Energy weapons excluding PPCs should not reduce/remove horizontal arm swing.
4. Clan Ultra autocannons should give a slightly lower penalty then normal/lbx autocannons because they fire several smaller shots in a chain. IS Ultra autocannons should get the same or increased penalty as their none ultra counterparts.

#2 Ansgar Odinson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

Its not a glitch. If you have a lower arm actuator in one arm that works both arms swing at a reduced rate. So you can have a heavy ballistic in one arm and nothing that would disable the actuator in the other and still be able to move both arms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users