Disconnected (By) Gaming Server

4 replies to this topic

#1 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Alright so I go to drop with a group and we get Terra Therma, then my game decides to close so I relaunch... Loading the game takes forever, probably longer than the 2 minute grace period "hmmm I wonder why that is" then I try to rejoin and it kicks me to the mech lab saying "Disconnected By The Gaming Server."

Excuse me, I was DC'd BY the gaming sever, not an error but the actual server. Is this some type of new MM team balancing method where if it jams in a group and the ELOs are too different it bumps off one of the players?

If it's not then why the world is the "gaming sever" disconnecting players? I tried rejoining to the point that I was disconnected from the MWO server altogether.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

I get the disconnect by server message even when its my isp fault. Of course the servers have been really bad the last few weeks.

#3 Tyman4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSpace Time

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

I had my first attempt rejoining yesterday in fact :) Disco because Disco happens, logged back in ~30 secs, tried to rejoin. Was sent to a different map. I left a mech on crimson strait and the game kept trying to connect me to a different mech in HPG manifold. Everytime it loaded HPG never crimson strait. Good to see another buggy system.

Tyman

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

I have reconnect maybe10ish times now. Few of the times I was to slow and was killed.Most the times it was at the spawn so I was ok.One time it wouldnt work at all. Over all I been happy with it

#5 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

Even a buggy rejoin is better than none at all. It is not justification for downgrading from the $10/month virtual server to the $5/month virtual server though. The mechlab refreshing and loading screens should take ping + 500ms maximum, on a busy day, not 20 seconds or stuck until you press alt F4.

The gaming server is probably disconnecting you because you're too late (past 2 min window).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users