Mice For The Ham Fisted.. Recommendations..?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

I would like to start a thread for those gamers that are "Ham Fisted" when it comes to Mice and Mouse surfaces, Kind of a "Big & Tall" section for Mice and such..
DISCLAIMER: This is not a "Fat Guy' thread :)

Posted Image

My old oversized Mouse Surface just bit the dust.. It was an old Hp Gaming surface with a plastic/Teflon type top and rubberized bottom. But I grabbed one of my spare cloth top surfaces, I find that I like the cloth top better now, I plan on grabbing a couple of these.

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B000UEZ36W

The Pic is of one of my favorite Gaming Mice that is still too small compared to what I like, even though I can manipulate it with very little effort.

I have a few Mice, all of them programmable, but most of them are not really large enough. One of them is the Coolermaster Strom Inferno
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826570006
But I don't like the Lazers it has, they are very picky about the surface used.

I would like everyone's input on their gaming surfaces and gaming Mice.
I would especially like to see input from those gamers with big paws, what they find comfortable, and easy to use when it comes to multi button programmable mice.

This thread might just help a few people out there.
Thanks in advance :D

Edited by Odins Fist, 31 July 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#2 Deathsiege

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationBay Area CA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

I recently bought a razer hex. I to have "adult sized hands." But I needed a mouse that could handle all the clan weaponry i.e. at least 5 weapons. The hex is nice in that it has 6 thumb buttons arranged in a circle which is more than enough. They are also spaced apart which helps. I've read a lot of revues where players have said their razer crapped out on them after a couple months and I've only been using mine for about 2. But so far so good.

#3 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

I use the mechanical Naga, it's good, does the job and has thus far no wear and tear being razer.

#4 Mangrey

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

Hey

Im looking for a new mouse aswell so i went to Razer homepage and found this
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice

when i scroll down ... you can see 3 ways to hold you mouse that might help you find the best mouse for you.

Mang

#5 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostDeathsiege, on 31 July 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

I've read a lot of revues where players have said their razer crapped out on them after a couple months and I've only been using mine for about 2. But so far so good.

Yeah well, that comes from MMO/MOBA players who actually do click the crap out of their mices within 6 months, where "the average guy" would need 3-6 years to do so.
It's also mostly about the 2012 design for the Naga (not the Naga Hex) which was redesigned recently.
(i do own said Naga for lefties (the 2012))

Also what Mangrey said, depends how you're holding the mice, if you do use a claw or even a palm grip, you'll need a big enough mice, finger grip on the other hand doesn't require a big mice even if you have larger hands.

#6 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

I use a Mad Catz M.M.O 7 Gaming Mouse for aiming.
http://www.cyborggam...om/prod/mmo.htm

It's palmrest is adjustable, and it's possible to change the pinky rest. (My handsize is 9 or L)
The big bonus for any game is under the thumb:
5 buttons and a 4 way coolie hat that also works as precision aim button (reducing dpi while being pressed)
I use them for:
  • Left Button Weapongroup 1
  • Right Button Weapongroup 2
  • Middel Button Target
(Thumb Buttons)
  • Artillery,
  • Air Strike,
  • UAV,
  • Coolant Shoot,
  • Override,

(Coolie Hat:)
  • Precise Aim
  • Arm Lock
  • Center Leg on Torso
  • Center Torso on Legs
  • Free Look

Because Windows only supports 5 buttons on a mouse it's nessesacry to use a key binding software.
The mouse has one, and it's compatible with any other Saitek / Mad Catz / Cyborg products.

Mousepad is a cheap one made from black plastic, and I apply sometimes small amounts of plastic cleaner made for car cockpits - that makes the surface real smooth (the cleaner contains silicones to repell dust)
I also use a mouse bunjee to hold the cable - feels a little bit like a wireless mouse, but without woring about low batterie levels or lag.

And for movement in MWO I use a Saitek ST 290 Joystick in my left hand.
http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0000AW9RE
Movment on the stick,
Jumpjets on the Trigger
Weapongroup 3, 4 & 5 on Buttons
3rd person view and target overlay on Buttons
Weapongroup 6 on the Thrust Slider (for TAG)

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

I am a, hmm, "finger" man myself. :P I mean, the bottom half of my palm generally rests on the desk/mousepad.

For a whole week I did the palm dance.. OMG, how the heck do you do anything with it. (chuckles)

#8 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostAlreech, on 01 August 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

I use a Mad Catz M.M.O 7 Gaming Mouse for aiming.
http://www.cyborggam...om/prod/mmo.htm

It's palmrest is adjustable, and it's possible to change the pinky rest. (My handsize is 9 or L)
The big bonus for any game is under the thumb:
5 buttons and a 4 way coolie hat that also works as precision aim button (reducing dpi while being pressed)
I use them for:
  • Left Button Weapongroup 1
  • Right Button Weapongroup 2
  • Middel Button Target
(Thumb Buttons)
  • Artillery,
  • Air Strike,
  • UAV,
  • Coolant Shoot,
  • Override,

(Coolie Hat:)
  • Precise Aim
  • Arm Lock
  • Center Leg on Torso
  • Center Torso on Legs
  • Free Look

Because Windows only supports 5 buttons on a mouse it's nessesacry to use a key binding software.
The mouse has one, and it's compatible with any other Saitek / Mad Catz / Cyborg products.

You can also profile the inlaid buttons on LMB/RMB, i use mine for adv zoom and arty strike. M3 and 4, plus button 5 for weapon groups, 6 for cool shot, the side thumb for my teamspeak mute or PTT and the sniper button for arm lock (i don't bother with the precise aim thing). In use i find the 4 way d-pad too fiddly to use accurately, but YMMV.

The fact that you can adjust it to fit should be something for the OP to consider...

#9 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

MY GOD you have big hands!

#10 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

the razers just look cooler
Posted Image

#11 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

I've got some large hands, and found the Logitech 602 works very well. If you don't need wireless, the 502 might work well for you, or the 700s for wired/wireless options, but honestly, the 602 is just as responsive as any wired mouse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users