Map Variations And Cw Map Rotation

1 reply to this topic

#1 FireBlood

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Hello everybody,

I was thinking about the more maps issue today and I came up with this idea. Instead of getting whole new maps with different terrain how about each map that we have so far that is not a night or winter mission should get at least 1 to 2 support maps. What does this all mean? well for example let’s take Forest Colony;

So we have Forest Colony and Forest Colony Snow. With support maps we would then also have something like Forest Colony Outskirts (something large enough for a dropship to be concealed by terrain from across the map) and something with a main objective like Forest Colony Mechwerks.

These support maps would use the same textures and assets (maybe some new items) as their parent maps and in public play will cycle randomly.

For CW this means many wonderful things, when a faction attacks a planet I envision it like a 3 piece pie chart, each 12 man team plays through 3 - 4 matches to take an objective. Mission 1 in the above example for Forest Colony would be for the attacking team to defend their dropship from the defending planetary force on the Outskirts map. The 2nd mission would be just Forest Colony in any mode. Then the final mission would be for the attacking force to take their main objective from the planetary defenders. If the attackers win they get a third of the planetary control, if the rest of the attackers faction have fought and won elsewhere on the planet in 2 other 3 mission maps then that faction has taken the planet. ( there could be more pieces to the pie but I just used 3 for an example)

Imagine a match near the HPG uplink called HPG Perimeter, you can see the uplink in the distance and know it is your final objective, all the while you are skirmishing with the enemy team in the wastes. Or a Frozen City Glacier map where you are moving toward the city through and on top of the giant glacier with ice caves and jagged peaks. Or Canyon Network Entrance with a large American southwest feeling that has stone pillars that reach to the sky. Or my favorite, River City Interior a dense city/skyscraper map with intense street fighting and narrow alleys.

Scoring would be interesting I don't think 2 out of 3 will work. More like the attacking faction needs to win the first and last mission to succeed, if they win every mission there should be a bonus or something.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this idea for both CW and the more maps option?

#2 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

I think youre idea is good. but it should not be that easy to take a planet. it should take 50 or more WINNING ATTACKS to win a planet.
we should also have more map modes to play, for cw. sorta like a single player campgain with pvp.of course my take on cw is that we get a modern take on mpbt 3025 that's what I would like and I think most of the veterans. the people who support this game, I hope pgi knows who they are

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users