Re: Defensive Posturing Along Kurita Borders.

95 replies to this topic

#41 Bo Braddox

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Oh good, Kurita favored mechs are 35% off in real dollars. This must be the community warfare they have been promising.

#42 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

... the red snakes are first but he who laughs last, laughst best!

#43 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

Kurita is known for their love of lights, so that's why the Raven is in there. *

Also, around this time the Cappies and Dracs had a semi-formal defense alliance going on, so it makes sense if any other faction would have Ravens, it would be Kurita besides whatever captured ones Davion can scrounge up.

* As for the Locust, well in MWO it is an exoskeleton, not a real mech, so that's why they didn't bother including it.

#44 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostRat of the Legion Vega, on 01 August 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Kurita is known for their love of lights, so that's why the Raven is in there. *

Also, around this time the Cappies and Dracs had a semi-formal defense alliance going on, so it makes sense if any other faction would have Ravens, it would be Kurita besides whatever captured ones Davion can scrounge up.

* As for the Locust, well in MWO it is an exoskeleton, not a real mech, so that's why they didn't bother including it.

Actually, I think according to lore, at this point in Battletech history, the only two houses that should be fielding Ravens in any significant numbers are House Liao (who invented them and at this point would have the 4X and 3L models) and House Davion (who captured a bunch of them during the 4th Succession War and converted them to the 2X model). Later in the timeline I believe the 3L variant becomes more common in House Kurita via trade.

Also, Houses Marik, Kurita and Liao ALL technically had a loose alliance at this time (the Concord of Kapteyn http://www.sarna.net...cord_of_Kapteyn), though it was tenous at times, and nowhere near what Houses Davion and Steiner had in their Federated Commonwealth.

#45 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

Nicely themed! Makes me yearning for CW though ^^

Looking forward to DAV (holo) and MAR (purple) themed specials

#46 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

I find it odd that this doesn't include Kurita-specific variants of other 'mechs, like the AS7-K or the QKD-5K.

#47 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

Great start PGI, but I will admit I was hoping for a slightly stricter approach to faction mechs, so I threw together a little guideline for those who do wish to follow their faction pride a little more closely to the storyline.

Spider SDR-5D (3025) = Davion (its mission was crowd control, and ECM wasn't a thing it carried).
Raven RVN-2X (3025) = Davion (captured/salvaged 1Xs during the 4th Succession War were converted to this variant).
Raven RVN 4X/3L (3025/3050) = Liao (4X attempted to make the 1X a viable combat platform, 3L successfully attempted).
Cicada CDA-2B/3C (3025/3025) = Liao (used primarily in Liao training battalions).
Cicada CDA-3M (3050) = Marik (excellent recovered technology upgrade to the 2A, but again, no ECM).
Hunchback HBK-4SP (3025) = Liao (personal ride of Captain Shawn Phillips of the 15th Dracon Regiment).
Kintaro KTO-18 (3025) = Davion (manufactured downgrade of the KTO-19 due to the attrition of technology caused by war).
Kintaro KTO-19 (2750) = Comstar or some lucky Lostech finder (original Star League variant, hoarded by Comstar).

On the other hand...

Trebuchet TBT-7K (3050) = Kurita (though it didn't really become a major production model).
Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (3025) = Kurita (redesign of the 2H that dramatically increased combat potency).
Wolverine WVR-6K/7K (3025/3050) = Kurita (redesign and later upgrade of the 6R meant to eliminate error prone jumpjets).
Quickdraw QKD-5K (3050) = Kurita (recovered technology upgrade to the 4G).
Victor VTR-9K (3050) = Kurita (upgrade to the 9B from plans captured from House Davion. Identical to Davion 9D variant).
Highlander HGN-733 (3025) = Kurita (downgrade of the 732 "gifted" by Comstar along with the Kintaro KTO-20 variant).
Atlas AS7-K (3050) = Kurita (recovered technology upgrade of the AS7-D built at factory captured from Davion in 3039).

Not every mech that has a "K" designation is a strictly "Kuritan" design (Orion ON1-K for example, manufactured primarily by Marik at this point in the timeline), nor does every iconic Kuritan mech sport the "K" (Jenner JR7-D and Dragon DRG-1N for example, both about as iconic as a Kuritan mech can get) but as a decent rule of thumb, if you want to be a proud Kuritan, look to those "K" variants.

I think I covered pretty much everything I can think of off the top of my head. I hope this helps those of you who really want to fly that Kurita flag proudly from the cockpit of your authentic Kuritan mechs.

And even in light of the above, I'm still extremely thrilled at this sale PGI. Well done, and keep them coming!

-Rip

#48 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:56 PM

Choose your destiny...

...flawless victory...

MORTAL KOMBAT!

DA DA DA DADA DA DA DA DADA!

FIGHT!!!

DA DA DA DADA DA DA DA DADA!

(nice sale, great get up, but the timing.. ugh, 35% off right after 50% off is kinda.. lame.. also black and red (okay crimson) were on sale just the other day too.

But have to admit, the Mortal Kombat Kurita medal is kinda sexy, though.)

Edited by LOADED, 02 August 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#49 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 August 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

They have the coolest IS faction design.

NO !

I think the logo of the BROTHERHOOD OF RANDIS is cooler ;P
Posted Image

#50 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

Nice colours on sale - Thanks !

#51 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

I thought it was the Smoke Jaguars invading..

Did i say invading? :P :wub:

#52 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Those 2 reds look exactly the same.

#53 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:44 AM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 01 August 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

Great start PGI, but I will admit I was hoping for a slightly stricter approach to faction mechs, so I threw together a little guideline for those who do wish to follow their faction pride a little more closely to the storyline.

Davion military academy professional at his best. Great read, thanks bro! :P

#54 Tyrolus Lucien

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:30 AM

Dragon awakens
Border units assembled
Madcat madcat mad...

#55 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 01 August 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

Am I the only one that read the thread title and hoped it was a teaser for CW?

Nope I was hoping for the same

#56 PsyArkron

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

I like the fact that it's a faction based sale, that's cool.... but since I don't buy mechs for MC and I already have those colors there is nothing of interest for me here... :P

#57 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

The reds don't look the same the top one (rust) is faded while the other is more of a solid color.

#58 Olliemag

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

I this sale. Would also like to see a faction bundle package. Maybe one of each class or three of the same variant.

#59 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

I know this is not the spot for it but maybe a Kurita fan boy or battletech nerd can tell me. Can we have this mech in game or does it have legal issues? i think PGI art team would knock this design out of the park.
Hatamoto-Chi
Posted Image

Edited by LordLosh, 02 August 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#60 Kawira

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

I wish there were those faction wars that were supposed to be at release...would be fun to show Kurita superiority to lower dogs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users