193 replies to this topic

#41 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

It's nice to see everyone coming together to agree that something is a bad idea.
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

#42 Iskareot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 433 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNW,IN

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Damn yeah and ECM must be matched with another

#43 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

It took us years to finally get a premade-free, PUG-only queue; something that should have been there since Day 1. There's no way we're giving that up.

#44 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostIskareot, on 01 August 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Damn yeah and ECM must be matched with another

/facepalm

#45 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 August 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Since 3 days I try to play with a clanmate form another game, He's new to the game, but putting a group of 2 people into the group queue is just impossible overkill for any new players who may get a friend or something.

Various reasons,

nearly all mechs in the group queue are heavies or assaults.
He now owns a kit fox and a Nova. Not much fun, because all the laodouts are kinda hard meta and lurking around a corner is kinda instantkill for any medium mech.

light mechs are also nearly non existent.

Because of those mechclasses being used so much, the waiting times for matches are extremely long. easily 5mins +

How should I show someone new the game under this conditions? The gaming experience is quite horrible for newbies. All I would need to do is telling him to go to solo queue? That can hardly be the point of an online game.

I try to teach him now how to support the team via ECM with the kit fox, but oh my, this is just massively hard for a new palyer and nearly 0 fun.

This should really not be, half the mechs are dead in this game mode and teamplay with mechs you like, unless they are heavy+ or some ecm lights is nearly impossible.

Dunno what, but do something, This way the game is just horrible

DONT get a friend to learn the game it will just make it harder, harder for you newbs and of course for the team that gets stuck with you

you must learn the game by pugging, sad but true.

#46 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 01 August 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

/facepalm

View PostTriordinant, on 01 August 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

It took us years to finally get a premade-free, PUG-only queue; something that should have been there since Day 1. There's no way we're giving that up.

Oddly they play damn near exactly the same.

Just in the group queue the incidence of derps goes way way down, and people can actually shoot.

#47 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

I recently got my brother into the game
We've had no issues in group queue, we win some, we lose some.
It's a pretty even experience.
Maybe...just maybe...OP is over reacting?
I guess if I payed 500 bucks for skin I'd feel entitled to my own special grouping rules too.

Edited by Destructicus, 01 August 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#48 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

Solo queue should stay as the domain for the solo puggers. Current solo-Q has been more fun to play in than any in recent memory.

#49 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 01 August 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

Solo queue should stay as the domain for the solo puggers. Current solo-Q has been more fun to play in than any in recent memory.

If by unrelenting chaos.....usually in a bad way.
...yeah fun, that is what we'll call it.

#50 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostMazzyplz, on 01 August 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

DONT get a friend to learn the game it will just make it harder, harder for you newbs and of course for the team that gets stuck with you

you must learn the game by pugging, sad but true.

yeah what a great way to bring opeople together in online game. This is a vital desing issue at all. And i do not think, that two casuals, who may play a few mtches a week may be such a imbalance to the soloque, compared to a high elo player using a metamech.

its just also, very slow to lern him something there.

5+ minutes of waiting.
then the match, where he amy die fats by misatkes newbies do make. waiting until the match is actually done. Another 5 minutes before a maybe possible proper retry is available.

Wit all the gerat tipps many here gave, this is not how the life of newbies and casuals works, and this is not how you will and can old them at all. All that i see happening now is an impossibility to play small groups as casuals, who may not have an interets in TS and stuff. You knwo those, come online, make agrp with afriedn, paly a match or 2 be gone again.

And the matches I played alone. Dunno, Pug still feels like it was before.

View PostDestructicus, on 01 August 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Maybe...just maybe...OP is over reacting?
I guess if I payed 500 bucks for skin I'd feel entitled to my own special grouping rules too.

This is just stupid.
The issue is, we have many mechs, newbies players will when they join a group queue be totally forced to specific playsytyles. So basically the most features of the games he may heard in the advertise is non existent here. You seem tototally not know what it means to brign new players in a game and keep them. Casual grouping died by the way how it is now. Its either metagamign in a group, which requires some proper preparations in experience and cbills, or its solopugging.

And no, where I am overreacting? the numbers weren't even a lie, they are like that. And constantly getting killed with below 50 damage nearly any mech is not fun for a new player. This game right now feels like you either have to be solo all time or just meta obeying. The whole area inbetween is gone now. And this is just not good. The game just feels like it has gotten extremely newbie unfriendly since this has changed. And in the pug, it rarely made a diffference if a 2 man group or 2 seperated high elo solo guys were present. The Pug feels the same as before, excpet from a few Jumpsnipernests missing. But I guess this is more JJ change related, than exluding groups from Pugs. But yet, the step from pug into group is way to harsh, especially when people start this game togther and both may be noobs.

Edited by Lily from animove, 01 August 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#51 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 01 August 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

If by unrelenting chaos.....usually in a bad way. ...yeah fun, that is what we'll call it.

I’m an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair!

Posted Image

So wipe that serious look on your face and smile a little. :P If 2 mans defect to pug queue, the the entire group queue system will fail.

Edited by El Bandito, 01 August 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#52 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 August 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

yeah right, the ratio is even more horrible I forgot the other siede would also have to have 6 of this class, so it woudl toally be 60lights/mediums who shoudl ahve been int hsi matcehs. so the actually ratio was 1.8.

And what it has to do with the solo/groupdrop? in a proper 3/3/3/3 setup there would also be similar equipped/weak targets available. thats the huge difference for a newbie who may have decided in its inexpierenced state to go for a light/medium mech. Also the chance for him coming around a corner getting instant vapoorised by high dmg pinpoint mechs would be lower, since there would be less heavies/assaults carrying these laodouts.

and?
what the heck does the MM have to do with dropping in solo or group? You FACE THE EXACT SAME THING IN BOTH QUEUES SO DROPPING YOU AND YOUR FRIEND WOULD FACE THE EXACT SAME KIND OF STUFF IN THE SOLO QUEUE
for the third time...

#53 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 August 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

5+ minutes of waiting.
then the match, where he amy die fats by misatkes newbies do make. waiting until the match is actually done. Another 5 minutes before a maybe possible proper retry is available.

What the hell are you doing that you are waiting 5 minutes to get in a game? Seriously I can't make it to the next room to pee and get back before its in strart up.

#54 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 August 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

yeah what a great way to bring opeople together in online game. This is a vital desing issue at all. And i do not think, that two casuals, who may play a few mtches a week may be such a imbalance to the soloque, compared to a high elo player using a metamech.

its just also, very slow to lern him something there.

5+ minutes of waiting.

Wit all the gerat tipps many here gave, this is not how the life of newbies and casuals works, and this is not how you will and can old them at all. All that i see happening now is an impossibility to play small groups as casuals, who may not have an interets in TS and stuff. You knwo those, come online, make agrp with afriedn, paly a match or 2 be gone again.

And the matches I played alone. Dunno, Pug still feels like it was before.

This is just stupid.
The issue is, we have many mechs, newbies players will when they join a group queue be totally forced to specific playsytyles. So basically the most features of the games he may heard in the advertise is non existent here. You seem tototally not know what it means to brign new players in a game and keep them. Casual grouping died by the way how it is now. Its either metagamign in a group, which requires some proper preparations in experience and cbills, or its solopugging.

And no, where I am overreacting? the numbers weren't even a lie, they are like that. And constantly getting killed with below 50 damage nearly any mech is not fun for a new player. This game right now feels like you either have to be solo all time or just meta obeying. The whole area inbetween is gone now. And this is just not good. The game just feels like it has gotten extremely newbie unfriendly since this has changed. And in the pug, it rarely made a diffference if a 2 man group or 2 seperated high elo solo guys were present. The Pug feels the same as before, excpet from a few Jumpsnipernests missing. But I guess this is more JJ change related, than exluding groups from Pugs. But yet, the step from pug into group is way to harsh, especially when people start this game togther and both may be noobs.

ok
notice how not a single other person is agreeing with you?
not one?
nobody?

that alone should tell you something...

View PostYokaiko, on 01 August 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

What the hell are you doing that you are waiting 5 minutes to get in a game? Seriously I can't make it to the next room to pee and get back before its in strart up.

not the case for everyone. I regularly have long wait times

#55 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 August 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

not the case for everyone. I regularly have long wait times

Are you using the steam client or something.

#56 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 01 August 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

Depends on the mech class one is queuing with.

#57 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 01 August 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Are you using the steam client or something.

no I have wait times like that quite regularly regardless of weight class. Group queue can be even worse at times

#58 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 01 August 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

Depends on the mech class one is queuing with.

Nope I use all classes, the lighter the faster it goes.
....and even dropping 5-6 in the group queue we wait no more than 2 minutes.

#59 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 01 August 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

Nope I use all classes, the lighter the faster it goes. ....and even dropping 5-6 in the group queue we wait no more than 2 minutes.

Clearly anecdotal then. I have had 5 minute queue with my Stalkers.

#60 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 01 August 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

Clearly anecdotal then. I have had 5 minute queue with my Stalkers.

I just module masters both the whale and the warhawk, and I'm working on summoner right now, I haven't noticed anything over a minute or two.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users