Grog Corps Casual Gamers

669 replies to this topic

#201 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

We don't have a thread specifically for that topic, but if you post in the "New Player Help" and "Guides & Strategies" sections I'm sure you can get some decent advice. Ignore anyone that gives you a jerky response. They're not worth your time. I'll pitch in my two cents below, but I'd suggest posting to those subforums and reading up on strategy threads/articles when you have time.

Lights can be a huge pain if you're not used to fighting them or in a heavier weight class that is not really meant to fend them off. In general, no matter what you are in, try to leg light mechs. Your arm mounted weapons (that use the "o" reticule) make this easier as they give you a faster, wider, angle of fire (depending on the mech). It's also good, especially when you're new, to stick with a few other teammates if possible. In a perfect world, if you're in a slow mech, your team won't abandon you but that does happen sometimes. There are also issues with hit registration and hitbox locations that can make lights nigh invincible sometimes but there's not much you can do about that until it's fixed beyond learning how to lead your shots.

#202 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

Excellent advice End, and good luck to you moving this weekend! I hope it goes as swimmingly for you as it did for us.

Yep, the best defense against the situation Andyboy described is to have a buddy with you. Lights look for one-on-one fights, where most of the time they have an easy advantage due to their speed/size. Feel free to post any questions you conjure up here and I'm sure you'll get a prompt response from one of us. There's also a 'Strategy' sheet on the spreadsheet that has some useful information. We're trying to continually add stuff to it, but it's a slow process :P.

Edited by t Khrist, 19 November 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#203 Andyboy

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, I checked out the spreadsheet. Funny stuff guys

Besides, I thought I'd ask advice from my fellow Groglidites first.

Edited by Andyboy, 19 November 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#204 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostAndyboy, on 19 November 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Yeah, I checked out the spreadsheet. Funny stuff guys

Besides, I thought I'd ask advice from my fellow Groglidites first.

Always glad to help!

#205 Natural Born Corpse

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:43 AM

As a some what irregular MWO player, with a busy working and social life, i've been looking to try and find a home with a bunch of fun loving, not to serious MWO players that are more interested in getting the most enjoyment out of the game rather that the greatest, bestest K/D ratio( not that that is a bad thing sometimes :rolleyes: ). Just reading throught this thread made me giglgle a bit, and so i'm wondering if you have space for a slightly good ( ok, being honest really bad) mech pilot, who enjoys the odd grog session?

Playtime is GMT (usually late evenings 10pm+ GMT)
Play style is best described as "death before glory", i.e. "where the bloody hell is the reverse gear in this thing" :lol:

Project Havok

#206 Majestic Kodiak

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:04 PM

Sure man, ill send you an invite. We need someone to make Endbringer look good :D And BTW, happy Dakka Dursday!

Edited by Majestic Kodiak, 20 November 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#207 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostMajestic Kodiak, on 20 November 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Sure man, ill send you an invite. We need someone to make Endbringer look good :D And BTW, happy Dakka Dursday!

That person does not exist, but I'll keep hoping!

Played a few rounds for Dakka Dursday with Munnyshot and Andyboy. Good times were had.

#208 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:19 AM

Welcome to the group Havok! Seems like you'll fit right in :D

So I go from not having any time to play due to moving, to not having any time to play because I have/had the flu. wOOt!

#209 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

o7 Grog Corps!

#210 Natural Born Corpse

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for the invite, i hope i can live up to the high grog drinking standards that others have set :D

not been able to log on this weekend, as i was off running a scout camp, just got back, and once finished washed the mud off from everything and everywhere, i'm ready to take my rightfull place as chef target for the Corps :wacko:

#211 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

o7 Grog Corps and congrats on your new member! :)

#212 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostProject Havok, on 23 November 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Thanks for the invite, i hope i can live up to the high grog drinking standards that others have set :D

not been able to log on this weekend, as i was off running a scout camp, just got back, and once finished washed the mud off from everything and everywhere, i'm ready to take my rightfull place as chef target for the Corps :wacko:

No worries my friend. I haven't been able to log on lately either, I had the pleasure of being sick with the flu last week. Luckily I'm all better now and have the rest of the week off from work! Time to get in some much needed mech melting.

#213 Jadaha

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:52 AM

Heya,

I'm interested in joining your florious mercenary unit.

Was closed beta, left, and am now dangling my feet in the MWO water again. The 'no-pressure' attitude got me interested. I'm a dutch guy with quite a busy life, but I'd like to squeeze whatever time I have to play with you people.

Cheers,
Jadaha

#214 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:07 AM

Welcome, Jadaha!

Invites will be sent. Merriment will be had!

#215 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hello and welcome to the Grog Corps Jadaha! Look forward to grouping with you :D.

#216 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:10 PM

Wooo! Glad to have so many new members! I have so much lance shuffling to do...and flyers to make...and mechs to drink...and grog to destroy! Commence Operation: Ketchup B)

#217 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

Jeez, I'm away for a few days and we get all kinds of new recruits. Guess I better look into deoderant.

#218 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 26 November 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

Jeez, I'm away for a few days and we get all kinds of new recruits. Guess I better look into deoderant.

If any stench, deodorized or not, is able to be whiffed over the smell of spilled old stale grog, then we need more grog!

#219 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

Today is my favorite holiday, I'm so excited! Happy Thanksgiving Grog Corps!

#220 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:24 AM

Yesterday's Grogsgiving involved so much turkey (of cooked and the wild kind) that it completely destroyed me this morning, but I feel better as a table because of this experience. :o B) Hope for any of you that played you had a good special Dakka Danksgiving Dursday! I was left completely unable to pilot a mech, or myself for that matter! I got dakka'd by so much durkey!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users