• Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostWiktor Kostka, on 17 May 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

tKhirst you found a good group :)

I think you mean founded ;). But yes, thank you. I'm very proud of the Groggers of the Corps. I feel like Table and I have put together a fantastic group, with a great mission; to have fun. And we sure do have fun, occasionally win too :D.

Edited by t Khrist, 08 June 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#363 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:11 PM

Fun games tonight boys. Had a blast and hope we can do it again more this weekend.

#364 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 22 May 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

Fun games tonight boys. Had a blast and hope we can do it again more this weekend.

^Good to hear Lorian! Glad to hear you had some good matches. I should be on for a couple of hours at some point today. Not sure if afternoon or later this evening though.

Just a reminder to all members. The Next Grog Corps tournament is fast approaching June 6th! We'd still like for more members to sign up. We have Karma Koin prizes but it's really all for fun. So if you haven't signed up yet, please do so on the spreadsheet. If you need the link just PM me! Thanks guys!

#365 Andyboy

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

So, any more details on the tournament? I've heard rumors of two man groups, assault frenzy, and so on.........

I just want to make sure I've got the right autocannon =-)

#366 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

o7 Groggers! Your tourney sounds exciting! Best of luck to y'all!

#367 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostAndyboy, on 25 May 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

So, any more details on the tournament? I've heard rumors of two man groups, assault frenzy, and so on.........

Assault Frenzy.. I like that, might put it to work. But yea, sure, there's going to be an assault frenzy. Two man groups however are not intended for this tournament, though again, that's a great idea!

Anywho, you can sign up for the tournament on the spreadsheet :). I can resend you the link if you need it, just let me know. All pertinent information is listed there as well, such as it's happening on June 6th around 7pm EST. If you need any more information I'd be happy to post it here as well.

#368 Rob E

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

I would like in.

#369 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostRob E, on 26 May 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

I would like in.

Sounds good my friend! I'll send out the invites next time I log on, unless someone else in the group beats me to it. Welcome to the Grog Corps!

#370 Rob E

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

Thanks I am the Table, I got the invite but I have to wait for my current contract to run out.

#371 Damon Bekker

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostRob E, on 28 May 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Thanks I am the Table, I got the invite but I have to wait for my current contract to run out.

Yeah me too, I have to wait till the contract expires..bah stupid politics.

#372 Majestic Kodiak

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

Hey gang, three orders of biz.

1) Thanks for letting me come home after my walkabout. I have seen the lives of other clans, and am happy to be back!
2) Can I please have my title back, or can i challenge someone for it?
3) Starting this Tuesday and Thursday, I will be hosting Competitive Team (Comp Team) practices. The focus and nature of these sessions will depend on the turnout. ~7 PM EST. If you want to take some time to focus on small unit tactics, drop in!

#373 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostMajestic Kodiak, on 30 May 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

1) Thanks for letting me come home after my walkabout. I have seen the lives of other clans, and am happy to be back!
3) Starting this Tuesday and Thursday, I will be hosting Competitive Team (Comp Team) practices. The focus and nature of these sessions will depend on the turnout. ~7 PM EST. If you want to take some time to focus on small unit tactics, drop in!

1) We are of course very glad to have you back sir!

2) Done.

3) Sounds great! I've hoped someone would take over such an initiative. I've tried in the past but didn't end up having the time. As it is right now, I am again on mandatory 60 hour weeks which leaves little time to melt faces. I will surely do my best to show up on those nights though! Thanks Majestic!

#374 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

Cheers Grog Corps, you guys are the best to be in a group with! So many great people! :D

Now that I'm done plugging :P ,

View PostMajestic Kodiak, on 30 May 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

Walkabouts are needed every now and again, helps clear the mind and refocus. Glad to have our Deviant back for ultimate shenanigans though! :lol:
I really like the idea that you have brought forth. As a supporter of our perennial Dakka Dursdays, thanks to you, it seems fitting that you are heading this initiative! Now are we talking private match rehearsals then leading to pub queue or pub queue rehearsals then CW queue, or...any mix of those 3 that isn't those options? In any situation its a great idea and hope it works out great!

View PostAndyboy, on 25 May 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

The fine details are in the spreadsheet, to the left (in red) of the actual sign-in sheet for the tournament! But just to clarify...

SATURDAY, JUNE 6th, at AROUND 7 PM EST

TWO Tournaments are being held! The 2nd Annual Grog Corps Tournament, aka the normal one, and I will be defending my title as the current Grog Corps Champion! And we will be holding our FIRST EVA Grog Corps Assault Tournament! All Assault mechs, all the rounds! We will eventually be holding tournaments for all weight classes, but we are starting off fat and slow! Which...speaking of such tons...anyone heard from IStoleThisMech? He's the one who really really really wanted an Assault Tournament and he hasn't signed up yet!! :o

Anyway, all the details are in the spreadsheet (Maps, rules/restrictions, the how, the PRIZES!, best-of-3, etc) so give it a read if ye haven't yet Andyboy! :D

I am really pumped for Saturday, its gonna be a long week, but great payoff! I just hope *this* doesn't happen again...

Edited by I am the Table, 01 June 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#375 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

Cool Table, that sounds awesome! Have fun and good luck holding onto your title!

#376 Majestic Kodiak

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

Tonight ~7 EST, another Comp practice. No turnout Tuesday, but me and Xiriel practiced wingman strats. Good times. For those wondering what they are up against in the tournament, behold my glory!

Posted Image

Edited by Majestic Kodiak, 04 June 2015 - 05:54 AM.

#377 Majestic Kodiak

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:50 AM

Can you guys give me recruiting piveleges? Or at least invite Iron Zap Brannigan to the clan?

#378 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

For anyone bored tonight I'm going to practice for tomorrow, essentially meaning playing while drunk so I'm not nearly as out of sorts during the tournament lol.

#379 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:28 PM

I can't believe it's already upon us. Tomorrow is the tournament and there's still time left to sign up for those who haven't yet. We'd like to thank PGI, specifically CM Tina, for their generous contributions to the Grog cause. There's sure to be some mayhem so even if you're not in the Grog Corps, swing by our Twitch channel and check out the action on our stream, there'll be spectate mode and everything!

#380 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 03 June 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Cool Table, that sounds awesome! Have fun and good luck holding onto your title!

Thank you Nightmare1, I shall do my best! You can cut the tension with a butter knife, or you could just spread some toast with it, but either way, TONIGHT is the night! Remember that it starts around 7 PM EST! So prepare your WarGrogs and get ready for a night of fun and prizes! and prizes! Did I mention prizes!? :P

I will be online randomly (like last night) making sure the streams work and other such things before the event! Maybe we can run some practice rounds, or good ol Solaris Style! Still working on the poster for the event as well! Photoshop has just been screwy with me this week.

Thursday we had a good turnout for Majestic's comp night, and though we had some tough losses in CW, I feel the more we practice with it the better we will get with it! All in all, good times were had! :D

ONE night, TWO tournaments, who shall be the new Champions of the Grog Corps??? Tune in at 7 to find out!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users