Grog Corps Casual Gamers

669 replies to this topic

#381 Natural Born Corpse

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:20 AM

Hmm, dispite being Awol for verious reasons the last couple of weeks, it now appears that i might be free to take part in the tournament, although if my google-fu is strong and my internets correct, 7pm EST = midnight GMT for me, so if my mech don't move, i've fallen asleep at the wheel, lol.

Anyways sign me up and lets see where we go..

#382 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

Sorry that it is going to be so late for you at the start, but we'd love to have you aboard! The official sign-in sheet is in the googledoc spreadsheet, but if you are present at the time of the start we can throw you in on it regardless! Thank you for putting effort into attempting to make it, I appreciate it fully! We have some cool stuff lined up for tonight :D

#383 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

Amazing time with you all last night Gentlemen. I look forward to the next one!

#384 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:02 AM

Was a blast! As Lorian, I look forward to more tournaments (and "clay" shooting!) as well. It censors that other word. HA!

Congrats on the double win, Xir!

Edited by Endbringer, 08 June 2015 - 08:03 AM.

#385 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

Great fun was had on Saturday. Thanks to everyone who ended up participating. We really appreciate the turnout. Excellent matches everyone!

Congratulations to Xirirel for taking the top spot the Members Tournament, the Assault tournament, and one of the Solaris matches; as well as our Deviant and Lorian for destroying all the rest of us in the other two Solaris battles!

If any members want to review the bracket, or see some pretty cool statistics that Table wrote up, check out the Tournaments tab on the spreadsheet.

And once again a special thanks goes out to PGI and CM Tina for their contribution to the tournament. We got some great shots!

Edited by t Khrist, 08 June 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#386 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:36 AM

Yes Saturday was really a great night! It was another one of those nights that just reinforces how much fun we can have as a group, and how pleasant everyone in our group is! You guys are absolutely the best group a Table could ask for B)

It was so good it took a few days to recooperate! I know by the end of it...well, I ended up passing out at the computer, not quite sure for how long, but I am pretty sure I hit my eye socket on the desk, because my left eye socket has been a bit sore to the touch since then!

A HUGE congrats to Xirirel!! He pulled out all the stops and dominated, winning both The Grog Corps Championship and the Assault Championship, as well as 1 of the Solaris Brawls! I'll get that title back just you watch!!:P I need to take a picture of you in your favorite mech and one in your favorite assault mech at some point Xir!

And Bane! There was so much Bane that my lungs exploded from laughing so hard!

Now on to the bad news. As I hadn't streamed at all from my Table_Twitch account before, I forgot to select the option to SAVE PAST BROADCASTS....so...all of my awesome shots I had are now gone forever. <_< But at least we still have the main Grog Corps twitch stream that has the matches! Next time they will be saved!! I personally can't wait for more tournaments, and more solaris style brawls because those are just really good fun and good fillers for in between tournaments!

Lorian I read your message about the MC code in the spreadsheet, I will send you a PM on here with the code. Sorry about that!! I blame Grog. :P

We have more good stuff coming up in the pipeline for the Grog Corps so stay tuned!

Edited by I am the Table, 09 June 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#387 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostI am the Table, on 09 June 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

Lorian I read your message about the MC code in the spreadsheet, I will send you a PM on here with the code. Sorry about that!! I blame Grog. :P

So I'm gonna leave it that way because it's funnier and happened, however I now realize it was Xirirel who asked that in the spreadsheet....so I shall send you that code in a PM :rolleyes:

#388 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

@Table: Sorry to hear that you lost your title, but congratulations to your usurper! :lol:

Also, if you have any Twitch questions as you set up your new account, feel free to holler at me. I've been using Twitch for a while now and have a fairly decent handle on it.

o7 Groggers!

#389 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:56 PM

View PostI am the Table, on 09 June 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

So I'm gonna leave it that way because it's funnier and happened, however I now realize it was Xirirel who asked that in the spreadsheet....so I shall send you that code in a PM :rolleyes:

It may have been post tournament drunk message, but I have not the foggiest what you are referring to good sir. I got my MC code for the Solaris victory.

#390 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 09 June 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

It may have been post tournament drunk message, but I have not the foggiest what you are referring to good sir. I got my MC code for the Solaris victory.

Confusion inbound! The question was in the spreadsheet, next to your name, so I thought it was you who asked, but it was in Xirirel's text color, so it was him who actually asked :P And that does make more sense, as I don't really remember our last Solaris...

View PostNightmare1, on 09 June 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

@Table: Sorry to hear that you lost your title, but congratulations to your usurper! :lol:

Also, if you have any Twitch questions as you set up your new account, feel free to holler at me. I've been using Twitch for a while now and have a fairly decent handle on it.

o7 Groggers!

Yes Xirirel definitely deserves a big congrats! And will do! The main problem was just that we always stream from our Grog Corps channel, and I streamed from my account account that I never set up before, so the damn saving past braodcasts wasn't selected! But if anything else weird happens that can't be figured out I'll come to you Nightmare1, thank you!! :)

#391 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostI am the Table, on 10 June 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

Yes Xirirel definitely deserves a big congrats! And will do! The main problem was just that we always stream from our Grog Corps channel, and I streamed from my account account that I never set up before, so the damn saving past braodcasts wasn't selected! But if anything else weird happens that can't be figured out I'll come to you Nightmare1, thank you!! :)

Roger that!

See you on the field! :)

#392 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

GROG FOR THE GROG CORPS!

We are all about assaults* and we know what the mechs say.

BRAKKABRAKKASHOOMBRAKKAPEWPEWSHOOM!

*Grog Corps are not actually all about assaults. We all about them mechs, bout them mechs.

#393 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

Wanted to slap this up here, highest ranking achieved. Finished overall in 22nd place by the end of it. I suppose I should mention I was playing in the Loup, since that's not in the screenshot.

Posted Image

Edited by t Khrist, 27 June 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#394 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:19 AM

Anyone else drooling over the new IIC mechs? I think at the very least I'll get the pack that give me the Jenners and the Hunchies.

#395 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:02 AM

I am constantly drooling over all the mechs. As I am unfamiliar with the canon, I didn't realize the mechs in the package were originally clan mechs. What the whaaat?!

Not sure if I can swing the $$$ with a vacation coming up but I do need more clan mechs. Decisions, decisions.

Also...congrats TKhrist! You have brought honor upon your house!

Edited by Endbringer, 30 June 2015 - 08:03 AM.

#396 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

Those IIC mechs...must...not...must....resist....agh! They're just so gorgeous I'm...damnit! I..It's not like I want them or anything...baka! :excl:

Endbringer, if you have any downtime and want to explore some lore, http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page is the happening place for all things Battletech. They have so much information that you can lose a bit of time looking up a bunch of cool fluffs! It also has pretty much every mech ever, so you can see where most of the hero mechs come from, and what loadouts are going to be on mechs coming out (if PGI doesn't give the deets off the bat). It's great and I would advise you check it out some time! B)

Here's some info about the IIC designation:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/IIC

At least they are priced Inner Sphere style, so it'll be a little easier on your wallet than the other clan packages if you so choose to purchase them!
The temptation is real!

Edited by I am the Table, 30 June 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#397 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

Its just so hard for me not to get more Jenners lol. Not to mention dual UAC20 Hunchies!

As far as clan mechs go, 8 mechs (pre-order bonus 2 included) for $40 is probably the best they've offered.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 30 June 2015 - 03:25 PM.

#398 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 30 June 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Its just so hard for me not to get more Jenners lol. Not to mention dual UAC20 Hunchies!

As far as clan mechs go, 8 mechs (pre-order bonus 2 included) for $40 is probably the best they've offered.

I will get all four. I cannot wait. Jenner's are one of my favorite mechs, and the rest are just too good to pass up. Not to mention there's a IIC Jenner with 10 jump jets! Hunchie was the first IIC Table showed me and I've thought it totally badass ever since. Love highlanders and haven't gotten around to getting Orion's yet but I've wanted to so.. I'm sold. Not to mention you get the fourth variant for each if you order before the end of July. It is a great deal, one of the best prices on mechs so far.

Edited by t Khrist, 30 June 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#399 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

So I had an idea about the next Grog Tourney. Not that I didn't have absolute bucketloads of fun, but perhaps we should consider inviting some other twitch streamers? I love being able to watch our stream when I can, but it wouldn't hurt to raise the profile of our group by having other streamers join us for the chaos and then their viewers can see how awesome we are.

Just... don't invite Sean Lang from NGNG. Love that guy, but I've seen him do too many 2v1's or 3v1's lol.

#400 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:39 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 03 July 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

So I had an idea about the next Grog Tourney. Not that I didn't have absolute bucketloads of fun, but perhaps we should consider inviting some other twitch streamers? I love being able to watch our stream when I can, but it wouldn't hurt to raise the profile of our group by having other streamers join us for the chaos and then their viewers can see how awesome we are.

Just... don't invite Sean Lang from NGNG. Love that guy, but I've seen him do too many 2v1's or 3v1's lol.

I second this!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users