• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

So sorry for the delay! Our out of town excursion put us further behind than usual due to lack of internet service. But we are here now and the stream will be up in seconds!

Grogcast up and running! Check it out at the Grog Corps Twitch channel!

Edited by t Khrist, 23 August 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#42 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Attention all Grog Corps members! Invites have been officially sent out in-game, so next time you will see that and the message of the day! (Nothing important this time, just a test) Once everyone is in there proper rank we can settle in to our new HQ and check out the map! :blink:

Edit:
Stole, I forgot to write down what you wanted your new rank name to be...and I can't remember...because Grog...

Edited by I am the Table, 26 August 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#43 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Oh mah gerd.. sorry it's been so long since the Grog Corps has bumped our own thread. The week since the last Grogcast event has been quite hectic. The barn Burn event left us in shambles. Not to mention work, the start of the college school semester, renaissance festivals, concerts. Ugh we have had a lot on our plate. Amazingly we are currently up to seven, count them, 7 members now. The Grog Corps is staying strong and growing steadfastly. I'm anticipating working towards updating the OP in this thread with newer information regarding this unit. Since we are graced with a three day weekend here in the States you should expect to see an update to my original post either tomorrow or Labor Day. Yargs everyone!

UPDATE:

The original post has been updated with some information that is a little more current to where the Grog Corps is now. Be sure to check it out, especially our members!

Cheers!

Edited by t Khrist, 31 August 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#44 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hey Grog Corps! Been a while since I posted here, but saw this and thought of y'all:

Enjoy and keep on hammerin' away at Mechs and beers! :)

#45 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 31 August 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Hey Grog Corps! Been a while since I posted here, but saw this and thought of y'all:

I got such enjoyment out of watching that. That is definitely something that could get sung during a Grogcast.. Old cartoons are fantastic. Naughty little squirrels....

Edited by t Khrist, 31 August 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#46 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend for those that have it. Happy Labor Day mechwarriors!

#47 Majestic Kodiak

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

I need some Grog. Is it Grog time yet?

#48 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostMajestic Kodiak, on 03 September 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

I need some Grog. Is it Grog time yet?

After a long weekend of Grogging, in addition to other things (work! school!), we haven't had much time to play this week. We haven't put any thought into the next Grogcast, aside from its totally badass title (TBA), so we are not to sure if we can pull it off this weekend. Regardless of whether or not we stream, we will be grouping this weekend, and most likely tomorrow as well. I personally am unable to play tonight, Table maybe way later on. Keep an eye out for other members of course, the more we get the more will be available to group with!

Edited by t Khrist, 03 September 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#49 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

Check out Zeece's totally awesome merc unit spreadsheet over on Reddit here. It's a compilation of every currently existing faction merc unit in MWO. It includes everything from group size and affiliation, to whether or not they're competitive or openly recruiting.

Speaking of open recruitment.. the Grog Corps is always hiring! Check us out and send us a PM if you're interested in joining.

Edited by t Khrist, 04 September 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#50 Majestic Kodiak

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:29 AM

Check that link boss, coming back to me as no bueno.

#51 Immerial

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouth East Texas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

Would love to join.

#52 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

Aye t Khrist, as Majestic said, that link is brokeded. Perhaps it got moved from there by Zeece? Anywho...

View PostImmerial, on 05 September 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

Would love to join.

And we would love you to join as well! It's a nice no-pressure situation in which fun and drinks take precedence over getting mad about losing! Perhaps this might help you out--

--We definitely need to get our Grog on tonight! Unfortunately no cool bells or whistles this weekend, as I've had no time to make a cool picture for the event, let alone level up my Vindy's! But we must stand strong, and Grog on! So Immerial if you aren't busy tonight perhaps you can join in on some Groggy fun and see if you wanna join us! We'd love to have you on board!

#53 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 31 August 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Ahh hahaha, that video is so great! How did you stumble across it? I'm going to lay claim to it and say that was an old Grog Corps recruitment video from the days of yore! Oh the days before we actually owned mechs and owed taverns...

#54 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostI am the Table, on 05 September 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Ahh hahaha, that video is so great! How did you stumble across it? I'm going to lay claim to it and say that was an old Grog Corps recruitment video from the days of yore! Oh the days before we actually owned mechs and owed taverns...

I saw it a long, long time ago; I don't remember where. However, when visiting my family recently, my Dad was showing me the Roku he recently bought. It had a cartoon classics channel on it which included that video. I really enjoyed watching it again and thought that y'all might be interested in it, so I hunted it up on YouTube.

As Paul Harvey used to say, "Now you know, the rest of the story!"

#55 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

Hey Groglodytes,I was wondering if y'all were planning to participate in this Lance Challenge weekend? If any of you are and need another body, drop me a line!

#56 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 05 September 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

I saw it a long, long time ago; I don't remember where. However, when visiting my family recently, my Dad was showing me the Roku he recently bought. It had a cartoon classics channel on it which included that video. I really enjoyed watching it again and thought that y'all might be interested in it, so I hunted it up on YouTube.

As Paul Harvey used to say, "Now you know, the rest of the story!"

Hell yeah! That cartoon classics channel sounds like a winner! You just can't beat those old cartoons that are as epic as that one is hahaha.

View PostLauLiao, on 05 September 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Hey Groglodytes,I was wondering if y'all were planning to participate in this Lance Challenge weekend? If any of you are and need another body, drop me a line!

Args LauLiao! I would definitely like to participate in the lance challenge this weekend for sure, and if you want in then stop on by! :D Depending on the amount of Groggers we have online tonight, we may have to split up into 2 separate lances for the challenge points. Otherwise...since its a strict group of 4 unfortunately, (I guess since its a "lance" challenge, it makes sense *shrugs*) we could either rotate 4 or just group up with our total amount and say to hell with the challenge. Either way I'm down, and would certainly enjoy your company in a lance! Arg arg, a play on unit names... :P

#57 Xirirel

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

A friend(Stay on Target) and I are willing to join forces and check out what's going on this weekend as well! If you are up to it, or sober enough, send us a request and we'll lance up!

#58 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

Sign me up, gents! WOT-WOT!

In the immortal words of Kim Jong-il, " I'm ronery, oh so ronery. I'm ronery and sadry arone. There is noone, just me onry, sitting on my rittle phrone!"

#59 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostMajestic Kodiak, on 05 September 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

Check that link boss, coming back to me as no bueno.

You know.. I knew that when I posted it (always check my links). But even when directly typing character for character from a link that DID work, it failed. So I just crossed my fingers and hoped it would magically fix itself, like it was an issue on the other end. I realize that to be a completely false hope, but I went ahead and posted it anyway.. shame.. shame on me.. Anyway, I'll see if I can fix it now, and thank you for bringing it to my attention :).

View PostImmerial, on 05 September 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

Would love to join.

Sounds great sir! Table and I shall invite you in game and we shall prevail together in the weekend challenge!

View PostLauLiao, on 05 September 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

We will definitely be participating, the Grog Corps never turns down a challenge! Also, nice drop of Groglodyte.

View PostXirirel, on 05 September 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

A friend(Stay on Target) and I are willing to join forces and check out what's going on this weekend as well! If you are up to it, or sober enough, send us a request and we'll lance up!

Definitely, we'll add you in game and see how many we have grouped, then go from there. We're always willing to team up!

View PostEndbringer, on 05 September 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Sign me up, gents! WOT-WOT! In the immortal words of Kim Jong-il, " I'm ronery, oh so ronery. I'm ronery and sadry arone. There is noone, just me onry, sitting on my rittle phrone!"

Sign you up for the Grog Corps, or to join forces in order to complete the challenge? Either way.. we're happy to have you sir! Welcome to the Grog Corps, whether you're fully joining or just looking for a group to tag along with for the challenge we are certainly not going to turn you down.

Edited by t Khrist, 05 September 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#60 IStoleThisMech

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAtlas' Left Eye

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

I totally called that they'd have a lance challenge. This weekend is ours, boys.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users