• Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 05 January 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

I feel like I summed up our unit pretty well with this:

Where should we be added!? I hope it's a space bar.. as long as they don't mind us bringing our own grog, cause we'd sooner drop the stick than our grog, and our fist's are never without. Cheers to the Northwind Highlanders!

We must spread the word about the tournament! Please Groggers, whenever you see a unit member online, reach out and encourage them to sign up. Let's make this the biggest tourney yet!

#482 Irishtoker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn a hole at the bottom of the Nexus.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:23 AM

You Grog's are an interesting bunch, that much is sure.

How does a new guy get in on this tourny???

Edited by Irishtoker, 06 January 2016 - 06:25 AM.

#483 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:47 AM

View Postt Khrist, on 05 January 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Where should we be added!? I hope it's a space bar.. as long as they don't mind us bringing our own grog, cause we'd sooner drop the stick than our grog, and our fist's are never without. Cheers to the Northwind Highlanders!

We must spread the word about the tournament! Please Groggers, whenever you see a unit member online, reach out and encourage them to sign up. Let's make this the biggest tourney yet!

Haha, it was a thread about unit rankings, mostly in CW.

Do we want to spread the word to non-Grog members as well? I speak with several of the forum goers that post a fair bit like Kira, BIshop, Buddah, etc.

Or we could go really gang busters and try and get a member of NGNG!

View PostIrishtoker, on 06 January 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

t Khrist is the man you want to speak to on that front! Maybe shoot him a PM as this thread isn't nearly as lively as it used to be :P

#484 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostIrishtoker, on 06 January 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

You must join the Grog!

Which brings me to..

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 06 January 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

Do we want to spread the word to non-Grog members as well? ...

You can spread the word to non-grog members.. as a way of recruitment (not that we really ever pursue such outside of this thread Posted Image). This tourney, as the others have been, is members-only. Aside from wanting to give the prize to one of our own, we wouldn't want to subject the group to those who may be highly-competitive, etc., in what is geared towards a casual 'for fun' event among those who reasonably know each other.

Also, I don't think the Grog Corps Champion title would carry very far outside of the unit, nor would I want it to leave.

Though, given our admittance policy, there's nothing against joining up right before, and then leaving right after. I think Table and I would take a knee on that one.

We have nothing against you, or any member, organizing events in the name of Grog on your own. I would be happy to help things like that along, I'm just not for being in charge of them lol Posted Image.

So please, join the Grog Corps, help fill out our tournament bracket, sorry to those who aren't members, and melt faces.

Cheers!

Edited by t Khrist, 06 January 2016 - 01:44 PM.

#485 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

It is with heavy heart that I announce to my beloved Grognard brothers that I will be giving up my official GROG unit tag. I intend to remain a Grogger in Spirit and in Heart, but I'm hoping to join a unit that does some more CW action. I will still gladly group with you gentlemen and kick *** when we can. If things don't work out with the new unit, I will return instantly.

Also, I've already got dispensation to still participate in the Tourney from t Khrist, so I'm coming for you Xirirel! Posted Image

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 13 January 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#486 Endbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

Farewell, good sir. Do us proud!

GROOOOOG!

#487 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

Ahoy everyone!

Just wanted to encourage GC members to sign up for the tournament again. Table and I want to make this the biggest bracket thus far, and we're groggin' close to that. It's going to be on Sat. Feb. 20th. You can sign up for it on the spreadsheet. If you have lost the link, or I mistakenly forgot to send it to you :D, please PM me and I'll reply with it.

Thanks and I'll see you on the battlefield! Cheers!

#488 Canadian House Owl

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

Well looks like I need to link to the sign up sheet I lost all my bookmarks!

#489 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

View PostEfuRa, on 29 January 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

Well looks like I need to link to the sign up sheet I lost all my bookmarks!

I got you! PM with link sent.

#490 Canadian House Owl

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Kodiak official clan battle mech?

#491 superdupertrooper

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:27 AM

Noob to the MWO scene, just finished cadeting, is there room for me in the grog unit (g-unit)??

Edited by superdupertrooper, 03 February 2016 - 11:29 AM.

#492 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

View Postsuperdupertrooper, on 03 February 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

Noob to the MWO scene, just finished cadeting, is there room for me in the grog unit (g-unit)??

Of course! There's always room. I'll send you the proper invites next time I log in, unless someone else beats me to it Posted Image. Welcome to the Grog Corps grogger!

Edit: Efura, did you get the PM with the link I sent you? Just want to make sure it went through Posted Image.

Le double edit: Grog Corps has a Discord server!

Say goodbye to Dropship 12 and TS, and hello to the greatest comms app ever! If you haven't heard of Discord yet, do a google and check out why it's great. In browser, client if you want, text/voice comms, intuitive, no server addresses, easy permissions, completely free both for joining and server ownership, more bells and whistles than TS could ever hope to have.. it's great.

I urge everyone who's interested to PM me for an invite link. You'll love it.

Edited by t Khrist, 03 February 2016 - 03:16 PM.

#493 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

I would like to put my application in to AU (Alcoholics United).

- Tier 3 (up from 5 before the Steam release) all earned in solo and two man PUG

- IS Mediums for the Win

- My wife tells me I drink too much.

That should about do it for resume.

#494 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:06 PM

View Post762 NATO, on 03 February 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

I would like to put my application in to AU (Alcoholics United).

- Tier 3 (up from 5 before the Steam release) all earned in solo and two man PUG

- IS Mediums for the Win

- My wife tells me I drink too much.

That should about do it for resume.

The most outstanding credentials we've seen yet! However I cannot condone the use of AU in the way you did; to us, it stands for Awesome Units lol Posted Image. Though, I must say, the term Alcoholics United has a certain ring to it. I believe Table has already appropriated the appropriate appropriations. Welcome to the Grog good friend!

Edited by t Khrist, 04 February 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#495 Natural Born Corpse

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:25 PM

Just a heads up, for all Groggers, but after a moment of deep introverted thought, and the application of some strong Grog, I, Project Havok, have name changed back to an old online name i used for many years, across many games.

I am now know as - Natural Born Corpse

Live long, fight for the grog, and remember that that corpse you stepped over is probably mine Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#496 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

Sorry Gents, have to pull out of the tournament. House warming party for one of my best friends whom I'm being a groomsman for this summer. I'll try to make it in just to watch towards the end.

#497 KaffeeKup

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:01 AM

Basically a tier2 player, lots of IS and Clans mech, focusing on either speed or heavy slow. Weak voice so I need to use a synthesizer.

Uh hi.

*Wave*

I would like to join:3

#498 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:06 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 14 February 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

Sorry Gents, have to pull out of the tournament. House warming party for one of my best friends whom I'm being a groomsman for this summer. I'll try to make it in just to watch towards the end.

Such sad news.. but that's okay. We understand, as long as there's Grog involved at the the party Posted Image. We do hope you can make it to watch the end though! Table and I will be streaming every match, in a lot of cases from two different streams. There will always be the twitch.tv/grog_corps stream going, and then Table and I will be switching between our personal channels when we're available.

View PostSpitfiree, on 15 February 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

Basically a tier2 player, lots of IS and Clans mech, focusing on either speed or heavy slow. Weak voice so I need to use a synthesizer.

Uh hi.

*Wave*

I would like to join:3

But of course. We always welcome new members. I'll send the invite next time I log in. I look forward to standing beside you, melting mech faces Posted Image!

Edited by t Khrist, 15 February 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#499 KaffeeKup

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:24 AM

My contract will end in 3days, really annoying that you cant just end it:c

Oh and you use Discord right? I have it but never really tried it.

#500 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:16 PM

View PostSpitfiree, on 16 February 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

My contract will end in 3days, really annoying that you cant just end it:c

Oh and you use Discord right? I have it but never really tried it.

Ah yes, the contract cool-down. Many a new member have been foiled by this annoying nuance. At any rate, your invitation is humbly awaited for when you are able to accept Posted Image. Also, I've PM'd you the Grog Corps Discord server link. Grab it when you have the chance. Oh and one more thing! I know you're new to the group and whatnot, but this Saturday is our next Grog Corps Members Tournament. Any member of the unit is invited to come out and participate. There will be prizes, and the competition is stiff, but all-in-all it's purely for fun. Table and I are no organizers, that's for sure, but we do what we can to put this together at least twice a year, and this marks our third time. There's no limit or minimum required to hold the event as far as how many participants show up, but we are a bit short this time around. Mull it over, and let us know, or if you decide last minute you're interested, just jump online this Saturday, the 20th. We'd be happy to have you. Drops start around 5pm Eastern Posted Image.

Edited by t Khrist, 17 February 2016 - 04:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users