Performance & Connectivity Feedback - 1.3.311

76 replies to this topic

#61 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

I agree. The problems with crashes, disconnections, and stuttering has become much more severe since the patch that introduced the ability to reconnect (whether directly related to it or not). I'm about to leave on a 2 week vacation, my experiences on my return will determine whether I use the bonus I just got at work on upgrading my clan pack, or buying into Star Citizen.

#62 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostChann Luf, on 14 August 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Well i now got an answer on my ticket i sent to support because of these Issues and running Premium Time:

We are aware of the issues currently impacting the game and work is being done to resolve them. Compensation for Premium Time during this period will be considered only after the situation has been resolved as it seems futile to compensate if the issue is still ongoing. Stay tuned for a formal announcement regarding this.

Since we all been wondering if PGI is really aware i figured i share this with you guys.
Looking forward to that formal announcement.

Should be a simple matter of freezing the Premium Time degredation until it's fixed as opposed to the "possibility" of reimbursement afterwards.

#63 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostKarm Asutor, on 09 August 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

it's unplayable atm. Having the same issues with rubberbanding, disco's, even the game crashes to desktop occasionally without a error. Framerate and ping seems to be ok.

Wih each patch it's getting worse.

Same here, and pings ISP issues don't seem to have anything to do with it. Otherwise you wouldn't see large portions of both sides disconnecting.

As far as framerates go I tend to sit somewhere in the high 90s, low hundreds. Pings are generally well under 50.

#64 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostChann Luf, on 14 August 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Well i now got an answer on my ticket i sent to support because of these Issues and running Premium Time:

Since we all been wondering if PGI is really aware i figured i share this with you guys.
Looking forward to that formal announcement.

yeah, i got that same reply...........five times now over the last 13 months

#65 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:35 AM

Where do they post official responses?

#66 Jorgandr

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 15 August 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

Where do they post official responses?

Short answer:
They do not.

#67 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

Still no response !

Where are the legendary forum moderators ??

And isn't it their job to give information to the people ?

#68 Túatha Dé Danann

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

The de-sync issues make the game unplayable, the pings in-game are higher than a standard-ping-to-server by about 15-30 ms, SRMs get their non-registration back and every 10th game or so I get a blank CTD without any log, warning, error or anything.

This alpha-demo of an arcade-shooter needs some serious refinement.

#69 RolloI

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 41 posts
  • Location[ITA]

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Game frozen in " connecting"
It often happens after that abandons a game where you've been killed

Episode is repeated too often -__- all times .....
new patch new bug ;)

Edited by RolloI, 19 August 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#70 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Had a game where if you watched 5 seconds, you'd think it was a desync, but I could still move around, and shoot at enemy mechs, (with a 1-5 second delay on the reticule) and the enemy mechs moved every 10 seconds or so.

I was also dead for a while according to lance info in top left, (but running around) then I came back to life. I got a headshot achievement on a disconnected mech.

#71 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

Is it just me....or there's something wrong with the server? I have more problematic matches compared before August's patch...and i'm in the middle of this problematic match (friends and foes walking on their place...not moving at all) while typing this...

#72 Trecor

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

This is the response I got about freezing my Premium Time.

Latest Hot-fix is causing game to crash to desktop when I enter mech lab.I
run the repair tool when I can,but I'm on a metered connection so I can't
run it everyday.It's typically up to 1 gig to repair.Can somebody at least
put my premium time on hold?It's ticking away day after day and I can't
play.

Unfortunately it is not possible to stop Premium Time from counting once it is active.

Regards,
GM Reppu
Customer Service Supervisor

#73 Zulu1

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

I have tried both methods and neither are producing any results. My frame rate fluctuates between 9 and 60. My normal frame rate has been between 50 and 60.

This is making the game unplayable for me.

#74 lukerduker2

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

I have skimmed through this thread so don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but last night I had a game where I connected with horrible ping of about 1100 and got dc'd. When i reconnected I had a ping fluctuating between 45-100...

Same thing happened with my first match this morning. Connected with a ping of 500+ and got dc'd. When i reconnected I had a ping of 80. Next three games no dc and constant ping 500+. I have just played two games Alt-f4ing after loading in and seeing a ping of 500+. Game reboots in 20ish seconds and I log in and load back in to a ping of 45-100.

Not sure what that all means other than some sort of bad stuff going on with the reconnect system...

#75 MikeSteel

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSlovenia, Europe

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Game is unplayable atm, been getting de-syncs all the time.

#76 Karm Asutor

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

this aint funny anymore... almost every match some degree of desyncing.

#77 eaglemaster42

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Having the same problem. I'm in Ohio and my ping has never been above 50, but it has happened a fair amount and I have been killed because of it more than a few times :'(

View PostThunder Child, on 06 August 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

For the love of all that's holy, remove the stupid reconnect feature. I'm getting Desyncs every third or fourth match. It's making the game unplayable, and it's ONLY been like this since the Reconnect feature went live.

Edit: Okay, second match in a row where the game has completely Desync'ed, resulting in everything just moving in place. Fortunately, in this particular instance, the game resynced about 20 secs later. I was dead at the time, so it didn't really help. UNTIL THIS GODDAMN ISSUE GETS RESOLVED, I will find something else to do. I'm sorry, but this really is a game breaker. I'll come back when it's fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users