#101 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 17 August 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

i hear you on the pings, laser are useless for me most of the time unless I just swing back and forth across the target.

After much testing on this issue some advice for you.
If you are not doing damage. The mechs are actually ahead of where you are actually shooting. To the server you are shooting behind there target. How much lead you need with those.. Whoo dee doo ! Half a mech ? 1 Mech ? 2-3 mechs ? Golden question. I don't think the desync issue help either.

Hit detection seems to be best when. One the target is standing still. Two you are standing still. Having seen lasers not working much when target standing still and you are moving.. I suspect due to convergence going haywire.

--

Ok on another sad note...High pingers... Recently request some help from PGI on investigating latency issues. Unfornately instead of helping... I thrown the rule book in my face basically stating that they will NOT bother troubleshooting connection issues outside of NA. Sad Face again. :)

Silver lining... They are hinting that they might be moving the servers in the 'near future', no details given. :ph34r:

Edited by ShinVector, 17 August 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#102 Aratan Aenor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 132 posts
  • LocationWhere Einstein wasn't looking...

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Average 45-50ms ping, but in half the games I play my mech starts rubberbanding for 10-15s then just drops dead.

#103 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Fixes are due on Tuesday, so saith the Russ on Twitter. Here's hoping that, and Unit Creation are both true, then.

#104 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 17 August 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

i hear you on the pings, laser are useless for me most of the time unless I just swing back and forth across the target.

Yep and the lasers round up, inflating damage scores. No wonder the energy stormcrow medium is so effective at this point in time.

Edited by Dar1ng One, 17 August 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#105 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 16 August 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Getting Desync on about 1 in 20 games. REALLY FRIGGIN FRUSTRATING

I'd probably be a bit pissed off at 1 in 20 but I certainly wouldn't be bitching about it here if it was only that bad, try ever second match for me

#106 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostShinVector, on 17 August 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

After much testing on this issue some advice for you.
If you are not doing damage. The mechs are actually ahead of where you are actually shooting. To the server you are shooting behind there target. How much lead you need with those.. Whoo dee doo ! Half a mech ? 1 Mech ? 2-3 mechs ? Golden question. I don't think the desync issue help either.

Hit detection seems to be best when. One the target is standing still. Two you are standing still. Having seen lasers not working much when target standing still and you are moving.. I suspect due to convergence going haywire.

--

Ok on another sad note...High pingers... Recently request some help from PGI on investigating latency issues. Unfornately instead of helping... I thrown the rule book in my face basically stating that they will NOT bother troubleshooting connection issues outside of NA. Sad Face again. :)

Silver lining... They are hinting that they might be moving the servers in the 'near future', no details given. ;)

let me get this right

If I'm reading what you have said correctly

PGI have basically said though ******* to anyone outside America with high ping and connection issues ?

#107 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostCathy, on 18 August 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

let me get this right

If I'm reading what you have said correctly

PGI have basically said though ******* to anyone outside America with high ping and connection issues ?

I won't say it to that extreme but it was the impression I got when asked for some simple help was quote the below instead. I am not naming people so, hope they don't moderate this thread.

Basically PGI's policy is that they do not troubleshoot network issues outside of NA. (Especially when you escalate it as an individual.)

Spoiler

Edited by ShinVector, 18 August 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#108 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

I've never had connection issues with online games... 50mb fiber, never goes down.

MWO has been a mess lately. 30% of the time, my game ends saying "Disconnected from game server." Or something to that effect.

Often times, I wonder why things all of a sudden go silent, then I'll immeadiately know when I see all the mechs walking in place. Can a statement be pinned for why it has gotten so bad lately? This game was very reliable earlier this year, and I haven't had crash issues since the beta.

#109 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

View PostShinVector, on 18 August 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

I won't say it to that extreme but it was the impression I got when asked for some simple help was quote the below instead. I am not naming people so, hope they don't moderate this thread.

Basically PGI's policy is that they do not troubleshoot network issues outside of NA. (Especially when you escalate it as an individual.)

Spoiler

Ahh yes that, all companies have that disclaimer as part of the EULA/TOS, but 99% of companies don't hide their incompetence behind it, and understand that pissed off people don't spend money on their products, and so fix things fast, and pay out compensation, as a sweetener.

#110 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

Guys, this is the proof PGI needs YOU to buy gold textured Clan 'mechs to help them improve their servers.

#111 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

Russ has stated that there are 'network optimizations' coming today, and some other stuff.
And stated that they 'aren't sure if it'll fix the desync option,' but it "can't hurt." (Not exactly promising, but honest)

Rather wary about what it will actually do then. Thinking back, I can't really remember a time when a fix was applied that didn't have some negative drawback (except the buckton fix).

I just wish we could get some confirmation from PGI as to why this is happening. We all are under no illusions, we KNOW this wasn't an issue months ago and the network was much more stable then. I had four out of ten games yesterday that had massive desync. One of them I actually could've WON, but the server decided to 'desync' my cherry-red cored ass right into laser range of a legged spider, when I was about to take the killing shot.

#112 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

maybe as more and more clan mechs get on the field, all those extra lasers and killing it.

#113 Karm Asutor

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

Any oficial statement yet?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users