122 replies to this topic

#121 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 18 August 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

Not bad Reno, but I noticed something...you tend to fire on targets that require little, if any, lead time, generally straight on shots either at range or close in.

Rather defeats the point of showing the change to the erppc/ppc speed isn't a big deal if you don't actually fire on targets that require leading, don't you think?

Me, I was picking the legs of Lights with my ERPPCs and gauss at range while having to lead due them moving across my screen instead of right at me, prior to the change to PPC/ERPPC projectile speeds. Now, I can still hit them with the gauss but not so much with the ERPPCs(I don't use PPCs ever, since we can't disable the min range lockout like PnP, the only way anyone I've ever played BTech with used PPCs), but I know in time I'll be able to. I could get consistent headshots with the MW2 ERPPCs at 1km and a 3000ms ping, so it's not that big of a deal for me personally.

Fact of the matter is, there is NO reason to make the Lighting Gun fire a slow projectile as that flies in the face of the Lore and Canon. It's an instant hit weapon, point, click, boom, TROs, Sourcebooks and novels all agree upon that point. MWO has the ability to actually make that happen, and instead they are giving us a tube of plasma that is slightly faster than MW2's ball of plasma. Gotta love the advances made in video games after 20 years!

Drop the stupidly done slower projectile speeds and just get rid of the instant pinpoint convergence that we have, THAT fixes all the problems with the pinpoint frontloaded damage that is the REAL issue people are upset by. The Lore and Canon supports not having instant pinpoint convergence, it reinforces the lack of instant pointpoint convergence because as your heat level increases, your ability to aim goes to hells and your weapons will hit all over the place, same with movement and using jump jets, these things screw up your ability to hit precisely. The functionality is IN the damned game engine, PGI needs to stop making stupid knee jerk reaction fixes to a problem that should NEVER have existed by implementing actual convergence with the weapons. That WAS the original plan, that is why we have the damned USELESS Convergence Skill, it was supposed to be how the system worked.

Fix the damn REAL problem and stop trying to slap bandaids on top of bandaids for a problem YOU created PGI.

what happens if I put all my PPCs in one location? like I already do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users