148 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Please let us know about your in-game experience using this evening's hot-fixed balance changes:

For more info, refer to Russ' update here: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3624417

#2 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Just checked both IS srm 4 and clan srm 4 they both at 270m

#3 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Feedback for clan ER Large nerf does change the game....you have to remain on target 2 seconds longer for a 4 CERLL build...exposing your mech to more damage while maintaining line of sight. However, I have to thank PGI for giving a .3 damage buff increasing a 4 ERLL firepower from 44 to 45. The heat is noticeable, requiring me to slow my rate of fire leaving more time in between chain fire mode. It takes longer to kill and you must play at max range now to avoid those double gauss builds. Instead of brawling wth 4 ERLL now I have to snipe at max range to obtain the same match damage I was getting before the patch. Brawling with 4 ERLL is a killer on heat buildup no matter what PGI says heat is very noticeable. I can only obtain half the damage I was getting before the patch. 600-1000 damage each match has bee reduced to 300 - 500 with the ERLL nerf.

#4 Kristen Redmond

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMad Dog's Cockpit

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

4 CERLL fired from a DIrewolf (in one grouping) earlier today, put me at 55ish% heat, I have a build with 8 of them, and use it like a big nova prime.

4 CERLL shut me down now. You (I think) Quadrupled the ghost heat? WTF? would a 100% ghostheat increase and see how that works not have been the balancing of sanity? CERLL compared to ERLL comparison now, is that, I'd rather fit the ERLL on my Clan Mech. Or a regular large laser, but, wait, we cant.

BOTH Clan Long Range energy weapons nerfed in the same hotfix/patch? Please tell me someone is going to sort that out, because you have some seriously unhappy people here, people who pay your wages.

The usability of the weapon with the additional half second of fire time has made it, frankly, a crap weapon. with 1.5 second firetime and "Sane" ghost heat, it was worth using because while exposed for that time, you can push your enemy away with damage and pressure. Now, you have to stand in the open for longer, firing less damage, less accurately. You sim ply cannot apply that preassure now without extensive chainfire, which just scatters your damage, and leaves you in the open for even longer.

I have a 5CERML 2CERLL Stormcrow. Tried that out too. Being exposed for longer REALLY hurts Clan mechs, as they all have extremely easy to hit CT's (well, all, is most, but hey)

The extra half second is the difference of using skill to take your shot and duck away, and receiving a return shot because your enemy has time to bead on you even if you get the drop on them (I know it sounds drastic at the half second, but, it really does make a difference in the amount of fire you take)

What it comes down to for me is, PGI, Do you want there to be weapon systems in this game where you have to take damage to use them? at 2 seconds firetime, there is no "Snap-shot" with these, you ARE getting shot back unless the enemy is not looking in your direction.

EDIT- The only viable direct fire long range weapon now for the Clans is Gauss (because the UAC's dont work like the IS)

Edited by Kristen Redmond, 08 August 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#5 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostManusDei, on 08 August 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Just checked both IS srm 4 and clan srm 4 they both at 270m

My mistake...so overcome by PPC nerf mistook 250 ammo for range...my mistake.

#6 WM Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 171 posts
  • LocationQuit breaking the game, or changing irrelevant stuff and fix the bugs from closed beta.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Niko: Major issue with 2 second burn on the C-ERLL is that it discharges so long, it causes hazards to team mates. You almost cannot avoid causing friendly fire because at some point during the incredibly long beam output, a friendly mech intersects or crosses in to the beam. In an up close fight, C-ERLL is almost useless because there will be FF during a brawl.

With the current length, heat output is not increased as intended - if Paul's post is correct on what the longer beam duration is meant to do, it is not achieved with the exception of when Ghost Heat kicks in.

RECOMMENDATION (since this is requested): Increase heat, cut beam duration back to original time length, ghost heat on 3rd C-ERLL. All other stats stay the same as when C-ERLL was originally introduced with the clan packages.

Outcome: Will have the desired heat impact, yet remove the friendly fire issue the current beam length is causing.

Alt RECOMMENDATION: Introduce the Clan Large Laser. Right now we have nothing other than ER and Pulse. The Balance factor of the IS having the go to laser, the simple large laser with moderate beam duration, good damage, lower heat, limited exposure to use has caused in my opinion a complete offset and counter imbalance to the C-ERLL 2 second beam time.

Outcome: Clans will have an intermediate laser which can be more comparable in range, heat, and damage to the inner sphere. Since this change was all about balance between the IS and Clans, seems a no brainer win-win.

View PostManusDei, on 08 August 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Feedback for clan ER Large nerf does change the game...... I can only obtain half the damage I was getting before the patch. 600-1000 damage each match has bee reduced to 300 - 500 with the ERLL nerf.

+1 on this, damage output of the T-wolf is less than half than before patch. Simply takes too much exposed time to achieve any amount of return damage. Makes the weapon system unusable, and when you combine this with the FF issue the long beam duration causes, no house or unit would field such a weapon with these flaws. Simply too much exposure, too much risk, too little return.

Edited by WM Wraith, 08 August 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#7 Yenisey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Adder with 2ERLL + 2ELML still playable.

Edited by Mr Marty, 08 August 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#8 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

I pulled off all of my Clan ERLL I will not use them the friendly fire risk is great and the stare at target is too long. 2 seconds is all a jager needs to frakk your mech up in a laser staring contest. More lbx's more missles.

Edited by SaltBeef, 08 August 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#9 evil merlin

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Welp, its more or less official. C-ERLL are now mostly useless.

Congratulations PGI. Seriously.

You may as well just make all the weapons do all the same damage in the S, M and L ranges and call it a day.

The is a damn good reason the Clans steamrolled the IS until ComStar got involved.

#10 Stah

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

For all God's sake - it's too much. 2 years of screwing game. At last, I say.

I don't use Gauszillas, SteamroLLERs or any other Metabuilds. But I'm sure to say - you, guys, do everything (starting from fake double heatsinks) to screw up the game mechanics.

I want just to play Battletech. Repeat: "Battletech. Yes, that mech game. Classic, Level 2, d'ya know?"

Not the ugly mecha game, where 90% of mechs of same tonnage are same inside, and developers screw the balance more and more instead to fix weapons in their location (oh, yes! - you did weapon fix for Adder's omni modular flamer, wonderful idea!).

Not the ugly mecha game where Clans are the same as Inner Sphere (same? - no way, now you are trying to make them lower than IS). You fix engine's rate for Omins, but allow IS mechs full custom - most strangest thing I ever saw here. Atlas with movement 4/6 without any penalties? No problem, man!

Not the ugly mecha game where 5 jumpjets cannot allow you take your weight even for double of your height (150 m of flight? - never heard that!). Yes, and now you are putting JJ heat, at last. Sure, mechs must walk, not fly. :)

Not the ugly mecha game, where spider can survive after straight fight with any Clan mech, because it won't heat and it can't be overhit or overrun by them. Yes, you didn't give Clans any recon tool - Kit Fox instead of Mist Lynx (or, at least Fire Moth - WTF MASC?), no Ice Ferret, Pouncer - no ANY Clan mech with speed more than 6/9.

You are losing the point, guys. And you are losing old chaps like me and many other.

PS. Forgot to say: I was one of the first BT players in then-Soviet Union in '87, restarting popularization of the game in '94-95. Soon after FASA hiatus, I gave all of my stuff for free (it was more than 100 rulebooks/manuals/fiction books). Starting to play MWO, I'm in a Universe again. Several days ago, after the last patch, I blew out the dust from my box of miniatures. Next time, I suppose, I'll spend some time to make a board game or Mechwarrior Tactics, instead of MWO. Good work, guys.

Edited by Stah, 09 August 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#11 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

Reduced damage on the Stormcorw and Timberwolf is a good thing to my mind.

Both were over powered with energy loadouts.

800-1000 per game is ridiculous. My buddy does it consistently with his storm crow often over 1200.

He's an excellent pilot but the numbers are too good.

#12 Star Lancer

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

I don't own any clan mechs (with all the problems in the past, I didn't feel I should pay anymore into this game). I was beginning to think that you all had finally got you act together. For me, the game was the most stable and felt the most complete... until this hot fix. Now I crash out at random with no warning or error messages and you have once, again, shown me that you are completely incompetent in creating a game and balancing it correctly. You don't listen to the community, many of whom have experience in producing/balancing games. You constantly over correct everything and ignore the fact that you could be very wrong in your execution of the game and its balances. With this being you first ever game, I was giving you the benefit of a doubt but, now you're just proving that you should just give up and see if you can turn this over to a studio that knows how to make a game.

#13 Smargl

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

Problem with CERLL's was not in heat, it's 2 sec beam duration.

#14 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

LOL is all I have to say.

Seriously. PPC + AC10 now sync perfectly which is hilarious. Honestly I don't know what you guys were trying to do. Oh no the Clan ER Large is too powerful and the innersphere has only 1 weapon with similar range. LETS NERF IT. Seriously if you want to reduce the effectiveness of PPCs at all ranges simply increase the recycle time. The PPC change was hugely negative and hasn't accomplished what you set out to do.

#15 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:12 AM

The burn time for cLaser was silly to begin with (Why would a warrior-like group of people who have perfected combat make weapons that take longer to use?)

But you have made the cER LG Las suck to such an extreme that it's silly to use over any other energy based weapon.

Try playing a mech in an actual match instead of testing grounds against stationary mechs. What is everyone supposed to do... have macros saying "STOP MOVING, IMMA FIRIN MAH ER LG LASER!" So people can stop and not maneuver in front of a laser beam while trying to assist?

Wow.

Please, just remove Pinpoint damage. Go back to the 2009 MW dream that you people shown us in the old trailer and I think you won't have to do any more half-assed nerfs regarding the mechanics of the game. Remove the CORE problem, make everyone happy.

Gee gee

#16 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

So, what happened to already posted 60 pages of feedback? Why even ask for feedback when you don't care?

#17 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

Facing reality is hard. Hey, Paul, how you doin'?

#18 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 09 August 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

So, what happened to already posted 60 pages of feedback? Why even ask for feedback when you don't care?

deleted. Devs do not like getting hit with the reality hammer

#19 DaKillaZ

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

The rollback is good, but the Ghost Heat is still too extreme compared to an IS-LargeLaser.

#20 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 08 August 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

Please let us know about your in-game experience using this evening's hot-fixed balance changes:

For more info, refer to Russ' update here: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3624417

This patch is bad, and the devs should feel bad.

Not that it matters, the jumpjet change feedback was overwhelmingly negative and they kept it. Before this patch was even released they received 50+ pages of feedback (probably another 20 pages that were deleted) that was negative.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users