Jj Change, Over-Buff

31 replies to this topic

Poll: Follow TT values for Jump Jet's (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Follow TT values for JJ's

1. Yes (28 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. No (8 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

I'd much prefer genuine hold-on-to-your-butt rocket boosters than sluggy hovercraft jets, but as I've said before, that would make them tools for skilled maneuvering instead of incessant jump-sniping, and PGI doesn't want to restrict anyone's ability to jump snipe with full accuracy.

#22 AngryEggRoll

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

#23 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostAngryEggRoll, on 03 September 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

I should point out that with those Jump Jets you STOP when you land, so no you would not see spiders jumping back and forth dodging everything. IIRC they do not add to your forward velocity either but I could be wrong.
They would have to time their jump to land in cover or get blown away. The only thing I would change from the MWLL JJ is dampen the return jump so that you cannot change directions in mid-air unless you use the same amount of jump jet force in the opposite direction.

#24 Leopardao

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

I think my problem with jump jets in video games is that the game designers focus too much on the upward movement and not enough on the horizontal movement.

In TT each jump grants 1 MP, and 1 MP = 10.8 kph.

That means regardless of say the Spider-5Vs ground speed as soon as it jumps (let's say max jump jets of 12) the spider will be traveling forward at 129.6 kph.

The other problem with jump jets in MWO is that it is too easy for a mech to hurt itself while jumping, and while I think the answer is obvious to fix that problem and curb poptarting would be;
  • A portion of a players jump jet reserves is not under a players control.
  • The portion not under a players control represents decent thrust that triggers after a player releases the jump key or consumes the rest of the player controlled bar.
  • Decent thrust continues until you touch the ground or the decent thrusters consume the decent bar and anything remaining in the player controlled bar.
  • While this does not stop poptarting it makes it so that a mech instead of falling out of sight, descends out of sight, thus increasing the window of retaliatory fire that can come back at the poptarter.

#25 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

I could go for the MW:LL type if PGI removed the fall damage mechanic. The MW:LL jets look very aggressive; the current fall damage mechanic would slaughter Lights and Mediums when combined with them.

#26 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 September 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

I could go for the MW:LL type if PGI removed the fall damage mechanic. The MW:LL jets look very aggressive; the current fall damage mechanic would slaughter Lights and Mediums when combined with them.

Yeah it would lol. Either that or add more fuel so we can control landings. Add fall damage if your max height is above where where you land. (Kinetic energy at landing point > potential energy of jump jets)

#27 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

Yes!! PLEAASSSEEEE Fix JJ. I'm glad other people feel they are SOO broken!

I want something with directional ability, and something with some actual JUMP/thrust.

I WANT SOMETHING FUN.
EFF. YOU. ENN
FUN
GAMES=FUN

#28 AngryEggRoll

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:51 AM

Dear PGI,
Would it be possible to allow the community to test an over buffed jump jet as described on the test servers for a trial run?
Mechwarrior Online needs FUN jumpjets.

#29 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

In TT is 6 meters.
As it is now mechs cant take off of the ground even higher then knee high.
They should be more jumpy then hoverish thing we got now.
In they balance patch note they couldnt even quote correctly TT rules. Showing level of they ignorance for BT franchise.

#30 AngryEggRoll

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:45 AM

How will we be able to jump the walls in CW with the current set of jump jets?

#31 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

Jump jets should propel a mech forward at an arc, none of this ability to turn in the air, they are purely for movement forward in a hurry.

I'd think something along the lines of you hold the spacebar and you see a Hologram/Targeting circle on the ground showing your projected arc. This would allow planning for jumping on buildings/over buildings. The longer you hold it the further out the indicator goes to the max your build allows. Once released a very quick Launch happens, to avoid hit reg issues, cap it at 150kph, you then land and JJs then take a bit to recharge, not the quick speed they currently are.

Eg. this poor buggers take off, not sure why he hovers, apparently he found a way to remove the required summoner JJs :P
(Short link to 32s mark)
http://youtu.be/-X3GD0UnBCk?t=32s

From MW2 Intro:

Edited by shad0w4life, 25 September 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#32 AngryEggRoll

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

The Myst lynx actually feels like it has jump jets!

Can we get my summoner to jump like this?
I think the jump jet scale drastically needs to be reworked set the Summoner to jump like the Lynx and and balance all others in relation to that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users