114 replies to this topic

#1 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:34 AM

In the last couple days I have experienced lags which makes it impossible to play. Living in the EU (or Germany to be precise) gets me a ping of about 110 to 130 which is annoying but still playable as long as you don't want to hit lights with the gauss on long range. More annoying are the recent lag spikes which makes everything on the map stop (while remaining in the walk animation) and after around 30 seconds I die in an explosion. Of course, for the others I am just standing around. Some people I play with seem to have similar problems.

This is now the third or fourth time it happened and I would love to know what the cause of this problem is. With a fast and stable connection I can assure that the problem is not on my end.

Any other people here who have those problems, too?

#2 Tanreh

• PipPip
  • Private, First Class
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:38 AM

Yep,

I frequently encounter the same problems.....

lights *zigging* around...

lag spikes every second to third game...

disconnecting after being killed leads to endless *connecting loops to the mech lab*

Essentially I have to restart once for every three games I am playing...

the first ones for some weeks now...

the last one since yesterday

There goes my premium time....

#3 HeavyRain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:40 AM

Same here, i get rubberbanding in about one out of four matches. I usually end up staring at the business end of a dire wolf when that happens, starting to feel like I am being punk'd.

#4 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

Yeah I'm getting it too, it sucks.

#5 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

Same here - and as far as I manage to note - this one concerned the whole match if not the server - all the other player freezed too.
Some of the times seems like a desync, cause they're able to fire but can't move - they're stuck in walking in the same place.
Other times I can't write anything in the chat and seems like all the people are lagging...

#6 Hillbillycrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

I've been getting frequent spikes on River Sh*tty now for some reason and sometimes on other maps.

#7 King David Davion

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

I got the same problems too. This has been going on for some time but these last few days is getting worse.

#8 Khushrenada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

having the same problem since they rolled out their new "patch" that should have addressed this problem...

before this patch i had no problems, but now i am getting desyncs and especially today lag spikes every 2nd game.
well done pgi.

also i see a lot of people on the servers with like 180-250 ping. this can`t be good for the overall performance (smooth gameplay, no "warping" around of players, etc.)

maybe they should release another mech pack, so people forget about the performance issues that plaque this game for a while again....

#9 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

Sigh...almost a month and counting now of lag spikes.

#10 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

Agreed. I get huge lag spike that started a week or two ago. The game literally locks up. Mechs run in place for 10-20 seconds and then it comes back. Half the time I end up getting killed because my mech runs out into the open and I cant see or do anything about it.

#11 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Same.

Every single game I was in yesterday froze at some point, some at the beginning, some midway, some at the end.

10-20 seconds the game just froze, players stood in place, then suddenly you would warp and end up either back where you first froze, or would be teleported somewhere else completely.

Saw a Warhawk just zombie across the map and get murdered, when the player regained control, his mech was nearly destroyed and that guy wasn't happy at all.

#12 arkanis

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

Same here, aiming is now random like in tabletop due to severe lag spikes.

Edited by arkanis, 09 August 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#13 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

yeah..i think its time this becomes a priority for PGI

#14 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

I gotta admit, I'm afraid and have been waiting for about a month to activate my saved up premium time, but I keep seeing strange stuff about lag spikes, etc. Makes me hesitant to invest anything more into the game, especially when there is dead silence from PGI on the topic. It is amazing what we'll generally put up with because of 'big stompy robots'.

#15 ei8ht

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 82 posts
  • Locationobscured by ECM

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

The lag, rubberbanding, desyncs, etc. have been getting worse ever since the "rejoin" patch came out. Not getting any better, honestly giving up hope.

#16 Bromineberry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

I'm getting them too. Also, roughly every 10th match is one, where it suddenly starts lagging like hell, and everyone starts to timeout or just leaves.

#17 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

this is becoming quite regular.

#18 Michael Abt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

Same problem, every other match. Really annoying.

#19 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

I'm hoping at some point that a PGI rep would eventually put up a Technical Update of the state of this game.

#20 Doctor Proctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 343 posts
  • LocationSouth Suburbs of Chicago, IL, USA

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Yep, I consistently have a ping in the mid 20's to low 30's, and yet playing this weekend I've had numerous matches with sudden lag spikes where everything stops moving. In fact, I'm staring at a Firestarter running in place right now in spectator mode. It's been that way for 30 seconds or so, which means I'll just have to quit out of that match and go back to the Mech Lab. It's getting ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users