#1 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Thinking the various Marik communities should discuss combining all efforts for the upcoming community warfare when it goes live. Anyone else?

#2 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:45 AM

Well, at least keeping in touch and informing each other about broad strategic goals would be good.

But then we don´t know yet how CW is going to play out and if and how strategy can be shaped by us players.

I´d guess for the moment all we can do is at least list all active Marik communities, so we are aware of each other.

#3 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:03 AM

Good luck with your efforts (i was a Marik player previously ;) ).

I would worry more about who are going to be your opponents. The FedCom? The Capellans? Periphery pirates? :\

Edited by CyclonerM, 10 August 2014 - 03:03 AM.

#4 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 August 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

I would worry more about who are going to be your opponents. The FedCom? The Capellans? Periphery pirates? :\

Not an issue, not really.

To be sure, though, this post was directed to, as Molossian Dog above said, get the various Marik communities to at least work together in some fashion, definitely not to bring them all under one banner of leadership. A council of sorts would be a good start.

#5 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

So, which communities are there besides the FWLM at http://housemarik.enjin.com/ ?

#6 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

marik out numbers All other factions 2 to 1. at least from what I have seen. I think the inner sphere will be purple soon after cw . lets hope the clans can stop marik.

#7 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Although a purple IS would be awesome, I don't think we outnumber the other houses by that much. Anytime I drop solo it seems that all houses/clans/lw's are pretty evenly represented.

Now, the matter at hand is trying to get a good number of the current FWL units, branches, what have you, to at least get some form of communication going between each other. I feel pretty positive that our enjin site has a good percentage, but there are always others out there.

I suggest that we start posting, either in this thread or a new one, unit sites where we can liaise with each other.

#8 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Or at the very least, if multiple units find themselves in the same CW drop we should have a prearranged place to meet on TS such as ngng's team speak.

#9 AuGuR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

Think the majority of the reason I started this post is because the multitude of those flying purple I've seen in game and have never seen on the "official" teamspeak or forums (@ http://housemarik.enjin.com/). Even then, there's the groups from non-english speaking countries that I'd like to see coordinate efforts with, be they casual/competitive communities notwithstanding.
Generally speaking on House participation, and mostly due to the novels published and the protagonists of the storyline: Davion, Steiner, Marik/Kurita and then Liao in order of typical/overall membership levels showing up in gaming communities. It's been this way since the BT:Solaris days, so saying that we're at a 2:1 ration may be reaching a bit, short of saying we (as Mariks) have a more laid-back appoach to the changes PGI has made to the game and have continued to play despite any issues. Either way, having the lonewolf icon in-game or on the forums doesn't mean that those pilots are not aligned to a particular House, Clan or other merc unit. Many are probably just waiting on the ability to create units prior to deciding on House/Clan/Unit, or simply this is a game they play occasionally. If we manage to convert those in the other Houses or even garner interest in the lonewolf/merc players, all the more better ;oP

The above being said, those that have choosen to fly the Marik colors by actually setting their profile up, in my opinion, are not being fully represented and addressed in their entirety, hence the need to reach out. Honestly it would be great if we all could show up on a single TS/forums, but the reality of it all is that it most likely will not happen without prompting the Marik community to do so, if only on a forum level.

#10 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostAuGuR, on 12 August 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

Think the majority of the reason I started this post is because the multitude of those flying purple I've seen in game and have never seen on the "official" teamspeak or forums (@ http://housemarik.enjin.com/).

Well I am a member on both but I rarely turn up

A will assume that most MWO players out there are like me, they either like solo play or think that it is pointless to join a group outside of random casual friendly play because community warfare doesn't exist and there is nothing to fight for.

I am sure when CW starts to roll out people will change their minds.

#11 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 12 August 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

-snip-
A will assume that most MWO players out there are like me, they either like solo play or think that it is pointless to join a group outside of random casual friendly play because community warfare doesn't exist and there is nothing to fight for.
-snip-

I used to adopt that approach but since I started grouping consistently earlier in the year with the same group, MWO has become a lot more interesting game-wise. Solo is fine for casual play but group is where the meat is at.

The only issue for me is finding 12+ Mariks on the House TS server I can regularly drop with when I'm playing during my GMT +8 time zone.

#12 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

The answer is simple tell every marik alligned you see playing in your timezone about house-marik.net. From there we can build on our timezone coverage, which i must say is very north american heavy right now.

#13 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

I don't see many Mariks when I'm on in the first place, pretty rare to see more than 6 on both sides. For some reason, people from my region seem to gravitate towards Kurita.

However, good point ... time to work on my feeble macroing skills.

#14 doodlemander

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 12 August 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

This^^
I've considered joining a group for awhile, but I'm a pretty casual player; I play when I feel like it and I'm not always in the mood for high-level play. As long as a group can respect that, I'm open to joining. I have a friend or two that would join as well.

#15 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

the only down side to group play is , when some people are not happy with their build. and going to mech lab .when in a group you MUST HAVE YOUR MECH SORTED OUT. otherwise grouping is waay more fun. the chit people talk, keeps me laughing the whole time on team speak.

#16 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

View Postdoodlemander, on 13 August 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

This^^
I've considered joining a group for awhile, but I'm a pretty casual player; I play when I feel like it and I'm not always in the mood for high-level play. As long as a group can respect that, I'm open to joining. I have a friend or two that would join as well.

Hey, come and check out the 4th Oriente Hussars! We're geared toward casual, no-pressure, no-time commitment play, and can certainly accommodate you.

http://mwomercs.com/...ars-recruiting/

http://4thoriente.enjin.com/

#17 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

Just jion the Marik Republican Roughriders, we are the best team in Marik! :(

#18 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostSudden, on 13 August 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

the only down side to group play is , when some people are not happy with their build. and going to mech lab .when in a group you MUST HAVE YOUR MECH SORTED OUT. otherwise grouping is waay more fun. the chit people talk, keeps me laughing the whole time on team speak.

Or they could do what the folks in the group I currently drop with do and just leave the group first and rejoin later.

#19 Jimmy Jetz

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

housemarik.enjin.com is the newest site we have for this community atm. We do have TS and several unit that are actively playing. If you are a guest and want to use TS there is an application for that. IF you want to join the community and become active on website and ingame there is an app for that as well. Can find myself or others willing to help you through whichever process you feel appropriate with. Friend me ingame or send message here and I can help whenever needed.

#20 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:05 AM

View PostMark Brandhauber, on 13 August 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

The answer is simple tell every marik alligned you see playing in your timezone about house-marik.net. From there we can build on our timezone coverage, which i must say is very north american heavy right now.

And now we fast-forward to being a month (or so) out from Community Warfare (estimated 16DEC.)

As a Mercenary representing a modest group of Units, I am looking to assess House preparations and planning efforts in anticipation of CW.

PGI has already stated that all 10 factions will have identical terms of service on day 1 of CW. Thus the only initial differentiation will be how well a House has integrated itself and what efforts it has taken to reach out to and collaborate with free-ranging Mercenary Units (i.e. Mercenary Units that are not Marik in all but name because their Commanders always intended to bring them to the. Free Worlds League.)

What is the state of House Marik CW preparations? Will there be a 24-hour Marik TeamSpeak channel from which to parse out 12-man Defensive or Offensive efforts? Do you require/encourage Mercenary participation in pre-CW rehearsal drops? Do you have a CW Unit Commander meet and greet scheduled?

From our estimations there will be 48 worlds in contention throughout the IS and Clan Space (thank goodness Clans have contested boundaries between themselves!) that makes for 528 sectors (11 per world) being up for grabs at any one time. As a Mercenary Unit we are looking to maintain visibility of much of that activity in order to wrinkle out trends and patterns and best position our unit for subsequent contract negotiations.

One question is of overwhelming concern to us... without a lore-based border with the Clans, how will Marik aligned forces be able to participate in defending the Inner Sphere? And if the answer is to fight from another's space (Kurita?) will Marik forces ever be able to conquer/flag a former Clanner possession?

I understand the answer to these may not be yet forthcoming from PGI, I am just curious as to Marik Community thought on the topic.

Thank you for your forbearance with my rather presumption to bring this post to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users