Intigrated Ejection & Self-Destruct!

55 replies to this topic

Poll: MWO Ejection & Self-Destruct (202 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Ejection be Added?

1. Yes, Awesome, (179 votes [88.61%])

Percentage of vote: 88.61%

2. No, Horrable, (23 votes [11.39%])

Percentage of vote: 11.39%

Should Self-Destruction be Added?(Poll Changed Please read and revote)

1. Yes, Awesome, (166 votes [82.18%])

Percentage of vote: 82.18%

2. No, Horrable, (36 votes [17.82%])

Percentage of vote: 17.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostKoniving, on 25 March 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Snip

TLDR, Bt agreez, need more explosions!

(jk lol)

#42 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

When their mech is destroyed most pilots eject. For MWO it should probably just be an auto-eject though on mech destruction. Would you eject if the game/ Betty, told you too? See video.

It would likely be very cpu heavy for an AI to tell you when to eject, so unlikely, but having your pilot eject from your mech in an ejection pod and the view down would be more immersive.

#43 FuzzyGrizzly

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

I like the idea of assigning pilots to mechs, forcing players to sink time and effort into each pilots progression. In this way the eject feature would mean saving that pilot. Just my two cents.

#44 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:17 AM

Self-destruction is pretty useful when you lost all your weapons or out of ammo, but you don't want just to hide/disconnect/die.

#45 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

I don't understand why MWO doesn't have Mech-Pod-Ejection. All the other MechWarrior games do. Usually when a mech is destroyed in those MechWarrior games you see an ejection pod leave the cockpit as the mech is destroyed. I was hoping MWO would go the one step further and give players the viewpoint of ejecting from their mech for 5 to 10 seconds. What would it matter? And it's just a pre-coded viewpoint camera no different from what is used right now. But the improvement to the player experience would be intense.

#46 Yuri Kovalesky

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKentaris IV

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

I see bad sides on this idea and very obvious ones too.

1- Ejection = Its pretty obvious dont you think? So many players ejecting to make the other loose the kill count.
The most basic whinning anti-sportive-player and the most incentivating ones too.

I saw so many players being morones just because they are too proud of themselves to understand other people have the right to glory, not just them.

I am 100% sure this will ruin the game entirelly giving to childrens the ''Ill call my mom'' button.

Sometimes you die and sometimes you kill. Simple as that.

Auto-ejection scene to just make the game more realistic but still counting the kill? Yes, this should be fine.

Auto destruction mechs? No, same as the other answer.

Childrens are no sportive players and theres alot of adults who still think as a child.

High explosive mechs in the other hand, follows the lore rules and it gives back the nuclear reactor mushroom and this is awsome and more realistic.

#47 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

http://www.sarna.net...h_Self_Destruct

Self Destruct is definitely canon but like people said it could be abused I wouldn't abuse it "Desperate times, Call for desperate measures"

#48 Lictor

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:20 AM

Ejection Hell Yes!. . . mechanic already exists for CW.

Self Destruction, ummm NO. against cannon and the need to preserve (and salvage valuable war materials)

Edit: not specifically against cannon but extremely rarely used and easily abuseable.

Edited by Lictor, 19 June 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#49 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:47 AM

Self Destruct probably not, but MWO has no splash damage when you blow the engine accidentally so there would be no value.

Core Breach with mini-nuke plasma flash, absolutely yes. Could cause the same damage as a Artillery Strike. Players don't seem to mind that. Just make it a rare occurance, like once every 3-5 matches a mech has a Core Breach, the fusing plasma explodes when the magnetic bottle/core fails just as a balloon would pop. Stackpole event. Bring the 31st Century to the MWO battlefield. I can't believe PGI is passing up on this most immersive of sci-fi events for MechWarrior Online. It's things like that that cement a game's spirit and character into player's memories. It just has so many positives how could you not add Core Breach and an automated Mech Pod Ejection?

When I was making player made missions for MechWarrior Mercenaries I always scripted the player death scene camera to be the view from an ejecting escape pod. It worked so well and was so easy.

#50 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:04 AM

Wrong engine type Lightfoot.

BT uses Fusion engines
Fusion = no boom

Fission engines = boom

only way an actually mech would explode is if its ammo bin is set off by heat or hit.

as to blowing up a mech via self destruct you have to place bombs in the mech to do so.
perfect example is double blind when the wobbies wanted to deny the mercs salvage there was placed bombs that the enemy had to manually set off.

anyways back to the topic at hand, I see no reason why not to add ejection seats as it would allow the player to end a match(iand that would stop some from whining about the match taking too long at the end) when weapons and or ammo are gone.

Edited by VinJade, 06 April 2016 - 10:09 AM.

#51 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

There's a reason ejection was not added in quick play when it was added in FW. Suicide while you can still contribute something to your team is and always has been against the ToS. I foresee people just flat out getting salty and ejecting in PUG matches just out of spite and anger. That being said, if a mechanic can be introduced to prevent this kind of behavior, then yes it would be totally awesome.

#52 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:13 PM

@Mole
That's why I think a condition must be met first such as that a match must be at an end and you lack anything to do well anything so ejection is allowed.

though the last player who scored the most hits would gain the 'kill' thus robbing no one of any kills.

#53 Zabriel

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:58 AM

A cinematic ejection scene when your mech is destroyed in combat instead of the camera circling around your mech would be be cool. The pilot rocketing skyward with the battlefield rapidly growing smaller below the pilots feet. Then the option to ride shotgun in a teammates mech or leave the match. Just a thought.

#54 Syn Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:45 AM

we have overheat and out of bounds. that **** is only for avoiding playing the game. if you need eject or selfdestruct outside faction warfare, you are attempting to afk or deny the kill.
you should have the balls to fight it out to the end. if not, you should switch that war machine with a kindergarden.

lore: fusion engines do not explode. that was also already discussed by fasa / fanpro about 20 years ago.

#55 projecteulogy

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:48 AM

Mechs with "fusion engines" dont explode(as per lore stated by previous players... Ok..). But What year is this? Nuclear weapons don't exist? yeah right LOL.. But as someone who played Mechwarrior as a child starting on an old 133mhz Pentium... No. Self Destruction and detonating my mech was part of it.

"Self destruct sequence initiated.." if you don't remember the synthesized female voice from early mech games.. you have no idea where that comes from.

For immersion purposes, i'm sorry to a few of you... but yes to both. For no reason should I not be able to nuke myself and give you the finger for legging and stripping my mech, leaving me a popsicle and turning your back on me. Kill me or we're both dying. Stripping someone per say, using a Gargoyle or a IS mech and ripping off the weapons then leaving them alive is an insult. Though, a massive tactical advantage in the overall numbers game in Clan Warfare. This will counter people who use this.(Sorry Heavy, if you're reading this... You know i'm right LOL)

A heavy mech or Assault ... The blast should be massive enough to nearly One shot any mech. Regardless if it's 100% of 1% depending on the vicinity to the explosion. The engine in Lights and Mediums would cause smaller, however equally devistating to whatever mech was caught in their blast radius.

To avoid AFKers.. Set a time/damage limit for Quick Play. 7 minutes or 35%+ having been done to your mech. So people can't just take a single laser and think haha i'm gonna jerk with the system. Then, have a massive penalty if self destruction is done and you have x damage delt or less and/or you don't do ANY damage with your self destruction or do too much friendly damage from it. People will troll with it in quickplay. But I would love to take my ECM light into a group of enemies, pop a UAV and BLAM!

Not having this is like saying that's against Mechwarrior Rules of Engagement. It's not. I can't remember the name of the mission, but you had to kill battle armors because they were strapped with nukes in Mechwarrior 2. That was hell.

I like the idea of having a new skill tree for pilots with the self destruct, etc. Having the count down timer like for ejecting and then the actual detonation would actually require skill. You wouldnt be able to move, or activate it while jump jetting. Allow being shot with a several PPCs to increase the duration of the countdown by150%

Taken from sarna.net: "Targets hit by multiple, simultaneous PPCs can also suffer electrical side-effects, such as overloaded computer systems or targeting sensors"

This could be tweaked so many ways and perfected. Another suggestion... gate it behind the Mastery tier. Make it cost XP to even Unlock the ability, or even better. Make it a Module, or part of your loadout.

So many Penalties could be implemented to prevent abuse. I don't see why anyone would consider this a Bad idea. IS Mechs who don't take XL engines would benefit from this greatly, as most of us clanners will strip you and leave you for dead. I would know. I do this. A lot.

#56 Jay Sovereign

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

Good ideas. If you are the last pilot left alive facing insurmountable odds, these options should be available.

I also suggest using a 'Retreat' system which will allow the last remaining mech to run out of bounds and survive / retreat instead of saying "time to go suicide myself and get gangbusted by the enemy now." The enemy's goal (like always) would obviously be to find and kill this mech ASAP, but there will be less waiting around now, and there will be a purpose for the last pilot to retreat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users