Weapon Groups Reset

11 replies to this topic

#1 XoB

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Is there any reason why my weapon groups on several mechs keep resetting? I've noticed for several days that the weapon groups reset to 1 default across the board several times every time I play. It is kinda random but it happens like once every 3-5 matches after I save it.

#2 Waswat

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Same here. It's not as random as you think, it remembers them as long as you don't play a different mech. As soon as you do, they reset for some arcane reason. I need a fix for this because its getting annoying to swap weapon groups 5 or more times per session.

Edited by Waswat, 18 August 2014 - 03:08 PM.

#3 PanzerSmurf

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

Whenever I play my JENNER F, it resets the groups for my other 2 JENNERS. It's not random. Annoying as hell though.

#4 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

yeah i have 16 different mechs and i have 13 weapon groups in weapongroups.xml

<Mech ID="4350415323791381" CF="0"> for example

which is a bunch of numbers which whomever got the mech number confused should implement a letter system or a less confusing number variable instead of acting smart and messing up mech numbers.

something less confusing and easily understandable for example
1111-001-01

1111=light
2222=medium
3333=heavy
4444=assault

and so fore

001= the id of the mech itself

01= the variant

this half ass bull crap (Mech ID="4350415323791366") it doesn't encourage people to buy mechs and mech bays

Edited by Draven Darkshadow, 21 August 2014 - 01:31 AM.

#5 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

im with you. dudes

#6 imadoctor009

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

I also have this problem though i usually find it happens with specific mechs. An example being when i change the weapon group for my Centurion-D it always resets the weapon group of my Shadowhawk-2K and vice-versa. I dont find it a serious problem but it can be very annoying...

#7 Mordric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 237 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

I think this just started about two patches ago. same with the Random invalid Mech's in the mechlab.

#8 Dukat281

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

This bug exists actually for a very long time and has been reported before. Must be at least 6 month.

The weapon group configuration for each mech gets saved under an ID. I'm not sure, but I think the information is stored on server side. The problem is, that sometimes, when you get a mech, it is being registered under an existing ID. That causes two mechs to share the same ID, resetting each others weapon group cofigurations.

However, there is a workaround for this bug. Once you identified two mechs sharing the same ID, you simply need to sell one of them. Then the remaining mech keeps the unique ID.
In order to keep the sold mech, you need to re-buy it, of course.

This is kinda expensive and eats up a large share of my credit resources. Once sold and bought again, the mech needs to be configured again, buying upgrades like Double Heat sinks, for example. To be honest, I barely can keep up selling and rebuying mechs with my limited money. And after all, there is no guarantee that the mech doesn't share the same ID with another mech again, once re-bought.

But somehow the devs give very little feedback on the subject, nor have I seen a confirmation that the bug is being investigated at all. After all I wonder that it is so hard to wipe out, with all the known information.

Now just yesterday I was so pissed and frustrated, when I found out that my newly acquired Centurion CN9-AH shares the same ID with my Stalker STK-5S, resetting each others weapon group configurations. I was just in the midst of the battle when I found out, releasing alpha strikes shooting weapon group #1.

In the end there are various reasons for me to visit the mechlab each time after a battle. For instance I need to check weapon group configurations for the next mech I go to battle with. Another reason is, that I cannot afford to buy mech modules to equip all of my mechs. Instead I got a wide array of 20 different modules I install und uninstall before and after battle. I believe most people do so. Now, with the latest patch, I return to the Home screen after each battle. Unfortunately the Home screen doesn't allow to change neither weapon and mech modules nor the weapon group configuration. This renders the Home screen utterly useless for me. Considering the known bug concerning the weapon group configuration reset, it is inapprehensible for me why I get pushed back to the Home screen. Somehow it makes me feel like getting trolled by the devs themselves.

#9 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

I have this same bug between a spider D and Jenner F. I may have it between another two, but I have not figured out the pattern. I put in a support ticket and they told me to strip the mechs and save them sighting missing components. This did not work and I requested the ticket to be reopened. I am not impressed with support.

[edit] Support got back with me and acknowledged the issue was not a missing component issue and had me send them my weapons.xml file.

Edited by Duncan1dah0, 05 November 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#10 RedwoodCoast

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

fix this bug. It is very disrespectful of players owning multiple instances of the same mech for convenience and then dropping with no weapons groups set.

#11 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

Support manually fixed my weapons.xml and I have not had a weapon group issue since.

#12 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

Support now publicly fixes the issue.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3905174

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users