9 replies to this topic

#1 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

I've been noticing that XP is not being recording properly since the rejoin feature was added. I've tested out the problem over the last week or so since I first noticed.

It appears the game doesn't reward XP (and possibly cbills) if you quit the match early and don't return. I've noticed it rewarding XP if I leave shortly before the end, but not if I die early and it's an extended match. If my team wins, it still takes away the 2x XP bonus, but doesn't reward the XP.

My understanding is that the game should only be denying the XP if you disconnect and come back after more than 2 minutes, not if you disconnect for more than 2 minutes before the end of the game.

#2 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:39 AM

Good reason to avoid intentional disconnects.

#3 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

If this is problem is intentional and that's the reason why, then I really don't see why I should be forced to stick around for an extra 10 minutes for a game to finish up when I'm dead. If I were still alive and I disconnected, then I could understand, but having to stick around until the end of the game and not go off to play another round is really, really annoying.

#4 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

Lot of good stuff going on in MWO at the moment.

Locking mechs unnecessarily in matches, the rewardsystem and the Mechtree are none of them though.

I've been told that quitting a match and start a new one after you die gives about as much c-bills as sticking around. iirc you get all the rewards up until the point you died excluding the match win/loss bonus if you leave.

#5 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

That's how it's been forever, up until the recent patch where they implemented the Rejoin features and changed appropriate code. Now if you die early and don't stick around, you don't get any XP. I can't speak for CBills, though I suspect it's the same. Go check the XP of the mech you're playing before each match and if you die early, then check the amount of the XP after the round finishes. You'll find the XP isn't awarded if the match continues on for a some number of minutes after you've left, presumably two minutes, since that's the cutoff for being able to log back in that they put in.

#6 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

wait...so if you die and exit you get nothing????

stupid...

#7 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

Yeah, this needs to get fixed. It's really annoying to get 0xp if you don't wait around.

#8 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:37 AM

Ah, this would explain why I seemed to be getting so little XP lately. When you combine my usually agressive play-style with me busy Mastering 10 different mechs atm (just dropped to 9 but then bought that Spider on sale), I usually leave a match before the 2 minutes remaining mark. Please untangle these wires PGI, pretty please with Urbanmechs on top?

#9 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

How do we get this recognized officially as a bug?

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

View PostShino Tenshi, on 18 August 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

How do we get this recognized officially as a bug?

Only when people complain often enough...

Of course, this involves spamming support to make sure they've logged it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users