Cerll Broken

47 replies to this topic

#41 Shogun459

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

Hundreds of Players have paid thousands of Dollars for a WELL DEFINED Product, Clan Mech w/newer better tech and weapons.

PGI Keep the money and Changed the PRODUCT, many parts of which PGIs changes have rendered inoperable. I have 2 Madcats that I can't run as a Laser Boat due to the changes. The 3rd works as an LRM boat just fine until the whinners and this Paul shlub get to them.

We MAY have grounds for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for breach of contract or under the "Bait and Switch" FRAUD laws.

Is there a lawyer in the house?

#42 Shogun459

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 17 August 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

PGI stated it a few times.
Clans will have more range and damage, but they will have different mechanics to keep them from beeing OP which require more skill (like real clan warriors).

Longer beam = need more skill for full damage
UAC burst = need more skill for full damage

PPC speed = need more skill to hit
It was the best weapon before the nerf because it was easy to aim and hit with.

Gauss has charge = already needs more skill than other FLD PP.

Mission accomplished.

You don't run a Clan mech that uses more than ONE or TWO ERLL do you?

It's NOT all about the damage, you go and stay in the open for the time it takes to fire 4 cerll and see what happens.

Put 4 Cerll in a TimberWolf and just play 3 matches. I Dare you. I know you haven't or you wouldn't have said what you did.

Edited by Shogun459, 18 August 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#43 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostShogun459, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Hundreds of Players have paid thousands of Dollars for a WELL DEFINED Product, Clan Mech w/newer better tech and weapons.

PGI Keep the money and Changed the PRODUCT, many parts of which PGIs changes have rendered inoperable. I have 2 Madcats that I can't run as a Laser Boat due to the changes. The 3rd works as an LRM boat just fine until the whinners and this Paul shlub get to them.

We MAY have grounds for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for breach of contract or under the "Bait and Switch" FRAUD laws.

Is there a lawyer in the house?

You bought the chassis' without any specs of the weapons and those specs are subject to change. In fact, conditions, terms 2:

Content. We may, from time to time at our sole discretion and without notice or liability, create, amend, change, or delete any content from the IGP Offerings.

So? Going to convince a judge that a 2s burn time of a large laser is fraud and 1.5s is not? Good luck! And, don't forget terms 1, in particular the last sentence (does it every time)

Amendments to this Agreement. We reserve the right to amend this Agreement at any time upon reasonable notice to you, which we will publish on the Website. We will ensure that the latest, fully-amended version of this Agreement is published on the Website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Website to obtain timely notice of such amendments. If any amendment is unacceptable to you, you may terminate this Agreement as set out in this Agreement. If you continue to use the IGP Offerings after the effective date of each amendment, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted such amended version of this Agreement.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 18 August 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#44 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostShogun459, on 18 August 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

You don't run a Clan mech that uses more than ONE or TWO ERLL do you?

Put 4 Cerll in a TimberWolf and just play 3 matches. I Dare you. I know you didn't or you wouldn't have said half of what you did.

I played my Timber with 2ERLL, 2ERML in the arms and 3ERML in the Torso over the weekend.
I had no problem using the lasers at any range. Even had shot light mechs with the arm lasers (2Large and 2Med) trying to facehug my legs.
I also still play my Warhawk with 3ERLL, Gauss and 2SRM6, my Kitfox with 2ERLL, or my Direwolf with ERLL,ERML and Gauss.

Ofc it's easier to rush in with my SRM Stormcrow and wreck someones mech in a few volley, but that does give enemies enough time to send in their flankers to my team's assaults, or get spotters for enemy LRM enough time to weaken my/other's mechs.

Both the PPC and ERLL changes were quite brutal, but both were very easy to use before and it requires a fair amount of skill now to do full damage.
They are now closer to other weapons that require skill like the cUAC20 or Gauss with charge.
People will learn to use them, or build around "easier" weapons like the ERML.

Exactly what PGI stated to do with Clan tech.
Clan warriors are high skilled genetically created killing machines and not free time militia like a lot of IS pilots.

#45 fyurian

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

how about we ajust burn time once more.
halfway what it was and what it is 1.7sec
or give me back 1.5 sec burn time and kill 100-150meters of it

#46 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

I like it. It is a sniper weapon. If you can get to a spot to shoot from largely unmolested, it does terrific damage to basically anything you can see. If you get caught in brawls all the time, well, use a different weapon or learn to hold targets for infinity.

#47 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

I recorded 6 matches (one on saturday and 5 today) with different Timber Wolf builds.
I'm only average and the mechs are not fully elited yet, but I still did around 500 - 850 damage with 2-3 kills.
That is still a lot for weapons everyone blaims to be useless.

http://www.youtube.c...F5IPuf-b2M5_4u5

Match1&2 are pug matches with 2ERLL, 2ERML in the arms and 2ERML, 2SRM6 in the torso
3 kills, 7 assist, 772 damage on Crimson Strait.
2 kills, 6 assists, 818 damage RC night.
Spoiler

Match 3 was another Pug match, this time with the old Gauss/2ERPPC meta. Gauss in the RA, one ERPPC in each Torso.
3 kills, 2 assists, 582 damage, but lost the game on River City
Spoiler

Match 4 I teamed up with my buddy Fused and we got paired with a 10man. I used Gauss, 2ERLL in the arms and 2ERML in the torso.
2 kills, 9 assists, 688 damage on Tourmaline Desert.
Spoiler

Match 5 I tried to use a UAC20 and 2MPulse in the arms with one ERML in each side torso.
2 kills, 7 assists, 524 damage on River City again.
Spoiler

Match 6 I still used the UAC20 build.
0 kills, 8 assists, 503 damage on Alpine Peaks.
Spoiler

Note: because there are a lot of threads about CERPPC, CERLL and the nerf, you might see this post posted in different threads.

#48 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostKoniving, on 13 August 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

snip

I like how you calculate everything and make sense of it... but you left out the part where cERllas fire way further than de IS ERllas does (even the F*ing clan pulse laser goes as far as an IS ERllas). I agree that I hate the 2.5sec fire mode because FFire is off the chart.

You can keep your damage, get your firelength restored to 1.5, but for the love of money (the one true god in life) they need to reduce the ranges on the weapons.

How does it hurt the clan lights atm when they still can stay out of most mechs weapons range, go faster (or just as fast) as the opponent and shoot the damn enemy. Especially brawling in an IS mech is undoable in a lot of scenario's because IS SRM have the same range as the Clan small lasers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users