Mechtactical

4 replies to this topic

#1 xThrottle Geek

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

This video show how badly the damage of Ballistics is affected by increasing the range to target. It clearly shows how badly a mechjock could be wasting ammo by firing outside of effective range. SAVE AMMO! Also, long range LRM/TAG Griffin gameplay for the Steiner mechbay challenge!

I hope you enjoy the video! If so, please SUBSCRIBE & SHARE & LIKE! Thanks for watching!

#2 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

Well I really want to watch this but Im at work so it will have to wait, I like the content idea alot however.

#3 xThrottle Geek

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Hey Dontor. Yea, I've been exploring how drastically range affects several of the weapon systems. Previous video was the medium laser. There really is a sweet spot for each weapon system AFTER the listed effective range and its usually within 120m or so or you are just wasting ammo/heat! I hope you like the video and please subscribe if ya do!

#4 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Great info, I didn't realize the just how much damage was lost at range.

#5 xThrottle Geek

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

Hello Shinobi: Yep, check out the other videos as well to see the effects of range on energy weapons and especially missiles where the falloff goes from max to zero in 1 meter. Glad you liked it! Thanks for watching!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users