• 159 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Sweeeet!! HYPE now XD

#22 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 15 August 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Prunus & Pleione can be found under Purples.
Maize can be found under Yellows.
Sinenen can be found under Cyans.

:rolleyes:

For your reference, and the announcement's: it's sininen - the Finnish word for blue. :rolleyes:
(Minor nitpick, please forgive ^^ )

Edited by Sandslice, 15 August 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#23 Chazsaw

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Sorry if I am asking a daft question, but is there anything like the mech bay that was up for grabs for the Steiner sale? If so, I can't spot it in the notice (which I presume means it isn't there, again, dumb question.)

#24 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

I love the themed sales, but I think the lore is being strayed from a bit much on this one. House Marik did not start dispersing mechs and supplies to the other Houses until after the meeting on Outreach in January of 3051, which is a good 1.5 years ahead of the current timeline, plus travel and shipping time...

#25 Edmar Fecler

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

the mechs listed are not yet on sale on my game. Am I missing something, or have the sales not opened up yet? (:T

#26 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostCimarb, on 15 August 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

I love the themed sales, but I think the lore is being strayed from a bit much on this one. House Marik did not start dispersing mechs and supplies to the other Houses until after the meeting on Outreach in January of 3051, which is a good 1.5 years ahead of the current timeline, plus travel and shipping time...

There's also no unified Federated Commonwealth. I think we can let them proceed with these sales ahead of their canon schedules. :rolleyes:

#27 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostSandslice, on 15 August 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

There's also no unified Federated Commonwealth. I think we can let them proceed with these sales ahead of their canon schedules. :rolleyes:

I realize that, but having half of the CW map unified for an alliance that was very tenuous if anything, and was not official until 3055 and the Lyran half seceded two years later, effectively ending it then and there, is not something I would not pick about. Even though they shared a military in name, the two halves really remained two halves the whole time.

Aside from that, just because we have slipped on the lore somewhere should not make it ok to continue doing so and further screw things up...

#28 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostCimarb, on 15 August 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

I realize that, but having half of the CW map unified for an alliance that was very tenuous if anything, and was not official until 3055 and the Lyran half seceded two years later, effectively ending it then and there, is not something I would not pick about. Even though they shared a military in name, the two halves really remained two halves the whole time.

Aside from that, just because we have slipped on the lore somewhere should not make it ok to continue doing so and further screw things up...

Yet the FWL will be involved in CW, which is utterly contrary to period lore if you think about it. :rolleyes:

#29 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

These c-bill sales are always nice,keep this up.

#30 Heydiddly

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 79 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Uhh, the image says the event ends on the 17th at 11:59 (AM/PM?), but the transcript below says it ends on the 19th at 10am.

Which is it? I'm hoping the latter, because I have a lot of c-bills to grind!

#31 Cellinor

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

I had been buying the House Colors but when I say the Marik colors were pastels I abstained. Sorry.

#32 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

I will be dipping into my MadCat fund for some Stalkers when I'm done camping with my family. I picked up the Jenner when they did the 50% C-Bill 'Originals' sale and the Stalker is one of the other classics, in my mind, that I just haven't had that little push to buy until now. 35% off is good. See you soon MadCat. See you sooner Stalker. Now if they'd just make the colors reasonably priced (100 MC tops)...

#33 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostDocta Pain, on 16 August 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

I will be dipping into my MadCat fund for some Stalkers when I'm done camping with my family. I picked up the Jenner when they did the 50% C-Bill 'Originals' sale and the Stalker is one of the other classics, in my mind, that I just haven't had that little push to buy until now. 35% off is good. See you soon MadCat. See you sooner Stalker. Now if they'd just make the colors reasonably priced (100 MC tops)...

I bought a Jenner F during that sale and the recent module changes nerfed it back into uselessness.

#34 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostRiotHero, on 18 August 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

I bought a Jenner F during that sale and the recent module changes nerfed it back into uselessness.

The statement you just made is literally impossible and necessarily false.

The Jenner F was one of about 10 variants (along with HBK-4P, CPLT-K2, AWS-8R and every Stalker) to only have one Old-Style module slot at baseline. Even given the "nerfed modules"* argument, it is literally impossible for any of these 'Mechs to have been nerfed.

Literally. Impossible.

Perhaps you mean the Jenner K? ^^

*The argument that holds that Old-Style modules are intrinsically 'Mech modules, and that any 'Mech that went from a number of Old-Style module slots to a lower number of 'Mech module slots was therefore nerfed.

#35 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:38 AM

And after all the house sales, CW right?

#36 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostBongo TauKat Talasko, on 19 August 2014 - 02:38 AM, said:

And after all the house sales, CW right?

August 26th patch will have module 1 of CW, per the Command Chair post updated today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users