#1 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Welcome to the Ice Halls of Clan Ghost Bear International

Posted Image

We are Clan Ghost Bear. Steadfast of the Clans.
Devotion of Tseng, insight of Jorgensson and avengers of Kilbourne.
We are founded in the frozen fringes of the Strana Mechty arctic.
Forged in our namesakes mold, our bond is what makes us strong.
Considerate of our path,
Deliberate with our choices,
All are wary when we stir.
Challenges to our claims will be dealt with harshly until none remain.
We are a family united and prepared for the long march.
Neither the Wolf's howl,
Nor the Falcon's screech,
Or even the softly padded footfalls of the Jaguar will deter us.
We will free Terra from the base impulses of their corrupted leaders
Establishing a new Dawn of Mankind
Ever reaching, ever striding forward to the ultimate victory.

Terra

(Ghost Bear Introduction, CGBI)

Video made by Topgame Media Crew.

I am Khan Taylim 'CoffiNail' Tseng. Welcome to Clan Ghost Bear International's Recruitment Hall. As our name implies we are a group of international Ghost Bears. With members active at almost all playtimes. We recognize various playstyles, everyone enjoys the game differently. We enjoy the challenge of trying to offer a home for all.

If you are looking for a community to drop with, that is mature and understands real life comes first.

We may be what you are looking for.

If you are looking for a team to go kick some sphereoid dogs and try to preform your best.

If you are new to MWO, looking for a group to help get you trained up to take on someone in tier 2.

If you just freaking love all that fluff of the lore in the Battletech Universe, and especially love Ghost Bear.

If you do not care for the fluff and are just looking for other gamers to blow other stompy mechs up.

If you are looking for a place to call family

A brief unit history
The unit was formed back in January 2011, for a Crysis Mod, Mechwarrior: Living Legends as the 72nd Assault Trinary. We were an active part of the overall community there with multiple mappers for the mod, all fan-made. October of 2011 when MechWarrior Online was announced, and the fact we were past the 15 member mark (A Clan Trinary is 15 Mechs) we decided to expand to a Cluster, the 72nd's parent Cluster. the 304th Assault Cluster of Beta Galaxy. The 304AC.

As we grew, and the ISN reports of MWO were tossed to twitter, grizzled veterans of Alpha Galaxy came out of hibernation. Pawing around in the snow, they discovered the 304AC and made contact. Soon, like a family reunion we merged our units. the 304th becoming Beta Galaxy and the MW2-4 Vets keeping Alpha Galaxy.

With closed Beta, we slowly grew through ingame word of mouth. With Open Beta our sibkos were always plentiful, and developing great MechWarriors. We have merged with various units over the years, bringing people home to a family. We have also mourned the loss of family having to feel the pain of two real life members passing.

After a year and a half, we prepared for Community Warfare and were excited to bring forth the might of our Claws. With unit Registration we adopted the name Clan Ghost Bear International, due to our Earth spanning community, thanks to MechWarrior Online. During the first phase of Community Warfare the Sphere feared the Ghost Bear and itès allies. Swelling to 300 members our touman faced the Inner Sphere and pushed deep in to the Inner Sphere with the rest of the Clans.

During Tukayyid 2015 CGBI was a dominating force during the Trial of Possession for the planet. After that heated week long battle PGI reset the map and started phase 2 of CW. This lack of any real progress on CW disinterested the Ghost Bear. We went in to a state of readiness, seeking inward to hone our claws and train our sibkos.

Sadly the Bear waited too long and when it emerged from it's den it found the other Clans had progressed deep in to the inner sphere. The majority of CGBI is still waiting for phase III and hoping PGI brings CW in to a resemblance of leagues in the past.

This initially brought strife within the Clan, but has since been resolved with the establishment of a Expeditionary force that will tour the inner sphere, will be a Ghost Bear Dragoon unit to gather intel. Unlike the Wolf's Dragoons, our force is still family with nothing but in game trappings and tags differ them from the greater CGBI community.

We have entered the NBT-NetBattleTech league, taking over in the first alpha from 228th the Ghost Bear Faction.

Here we stand. Offering you a new home, a family to train with, to play MWO with, to enjoy gaming. We are Clan Ghost Bear International. We are family, we are mighty, we are Ghost Bears.
Are you prepared to become a MechWarrior of Clan Ghost Bear International?

Who are we?
We are a gaming community that is MechWarrior Online focused, with very heavy influence by the fiction lore of the BattleTech and MechWarrior universe. We realize real life comes first, with members who have families or odd hour jobs. Do not let this fool you, we also have a very strong competitive side, lead by Star Captain BubbleWhip. We tend to cater to all types, from casual, avid and competitive. We are a mature community, and ask members to understand our Code of Conduct.

Posted Image Posted Image

What can we offer?
We represent Clan Warriors in MechWarrior Online, as such we expect a certain code and skill before you are granted Warrior status. Do not worry, we gladly will help you improve your skills and tactics to get you ready for your coming trials within the Clan. We have a great dedicated team of Training Officers in our 123rd Hind Paw Sibko who will get you screaming 'freebirth!' in no time as you shred your opponent's mech to pieces. After your rite of passage (blooding yourself against a Warrior of the Clan. There is no penalty for losing) you can try for our competitive team, join up with our Expeditionary force, chill for casual gaming or finding something in between.

We offer a lore friendly but not enforced enviroment. Giving players chances to earn a 'Bloodname' in the Clan with a monthly Trial of Bloodright run by our Loremaster Ancient Demise. We often have intra-Clan trials via 'Cluster Wars', and have many active members of the MWO community.

How to Join?
Click the image below or HERE.

Posted Image

Edited by CoffiNail, 03 October 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

Good to see that you are still representing Alpha and Beta Galaxies.

Luck and skill, warriors. May the best Clan reach Terra before any other!

#3 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 August 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Good to see that you are still representing Alpha and Beta Galaxies.

Luck and skill, warriors. May the best Clan reach Terra before any other!

Do not worry, we will ;)

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostCimarb, on 16 August 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Do not worry, we will ;)

Not sure if you are reffering to the representing of Alpha and Beta Galaxies or the reaching of Terra.. ;)

#5 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 August 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Not sure if you are reffering to the representing of Alpha and Beta Galaxies or the reaching of Terra.. ;)

Yes!

#6 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

Pure awsome

#7 0Life

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

I clicked on the link and my anti-virus freaked out. You may wish to look into that.

#8 Seththebest

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

View Post0Life, on 23 August 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

I clicked on the link and my anti-virus freaked out. You may wish to look into that.

Thats gonna be a problem on your end bud. You might have to add an exception for the site to your firewall.

#9 Uveron

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOKC, Oklahoma, USA

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

Yep that sounds like an issue on your end, I haven't seen issues with the site. (Not even on the huge corporate machines I log in from, and they are very picky about websites)

Edited by Uveron, 23 August 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#10 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

i think it is BitDefender has that issue. Might need to adapt a rule or safe site for it.
rest assured, the site is 100% safe.

#11 Seththebest

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

View PostTuann, on 25 August 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

i think it is BitDefender has that issue. Might need to adapt a rule or safe site for it.
rest assured, the site is 100% safe.

I would hope so with a 100+ views a day. <_<

#12 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

View PostSeththebest, on 25 August 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

I would hope so with a 100+ views a day. <_<

Seth would be our Star Captain, who also is the warrior who keeps the Technician Caste surats busy working the site.

The more new cubs entering the Hind Paw Sibko, the more mighty Ghost Bear's to help our steady March towards Terra. Once part of the Sibko, you are part of the community.

#13 Star Capt Jordan McKenna

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada BC Kelowna

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hail Ghostbears!

I have been searching for a home since coming to MWO, If you are excepting applicants I have registered on your site and await a response.

I have grown weary of the solo drop, the battlefield although it is my home has become desolate and full of LRM boaters, In order to further kerensky's dream It is time I reunite with strong brothers and sisters!

Will you accept the aid of a wondering brother?

#14 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

it would appear you have registered an account but not submitted an application. you will want to click the "CLICK HERE TO APPLY" under tha navigation bar and someone will contact you with the TS info

#15 Star Capt Jordan McKenna

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada BC Kelowna

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

Ah, Thank you for the guidance, App has been submitted.

#16 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

I have to say that the way you guys present your unit makes it appealing to join you guys. My initial mindset was to wait until Community Warfare was released and then see what is available but I think I will join a solahma unit IRL before CW is released haha.

I am Dutch and play around 10 am PDT/1pm EDT during the week. If I apply, would I be joining a group that has atleast a few regulars around this time frame? I hope to join a Ghost Bear Clan and not a Ghost Clan :)

#17 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostBregor Edain, on 01 September 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

I have to say that the way you guys present your unit makes it appealing to join you guys. My initial mindset was to wait until Community Warfare was released and then see what is available but I think I will join a solahma unit IRL before CW is released haha.

I am Dutch and play around 10 am PDT/1pm EDT during the week. If I apply, would I be joining a group that has atleast a few regulars around this time frame? I hope to join a Ghost Bear Clan and not a Ghost Clan :)

We have a whole Cluster with 25+ members and growing of Euro time.

#18 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

just a friendly little bump.
for some perspective, we are in the top 10 largest units in the game currently, over 150 members in the "In-Game" unit.
Little bit of everything for everyone, check us out.

#19 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

We are the best of both worlds. Small town friendliness, with big town Walmarts on every corner for all your needs!

#20 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

I have only been part of Clan Ghost Bear International but so far I am enjoying it very much. Grouping with them has been a blast and they are all very friendly. I can highly recommend this unit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users