173 replies to this topic

#161 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTamo daleko ...

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostGraugger, on 01 September 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Exactly so if they nerf weapons into the ground it won't be an issue anymore because the enemy can't damage you!

Posted Image

#162 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostGraugger, on 01 September 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Now all you have to do is find one for The First Honest Game Designer.

not exactly the same but I personally like this one

#163 Symbiodinium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Ping was 230ms, now 315ms with very little variance after the server migration. No desyncs, but a 315 ping is bad and limits the ways you can play.

#164 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:59 AM

Server ping 65 avg.

Desync on Crimson Strait and Tourmaline nearly every drop on these 2 maps. This has been since the server migration.

Jody

#165 Troopie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

Today I did have "freeze" effect. There was at least 4 ~300 ping and one 400 ping players in game.
These players also did warping effects.

#166 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

Desync at 11:27EST...

Used to run around 40 ms
Now I run between 50-100 ms

Bad server farm move... Find a new host.

#167 Yelland

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

Terrible desync since server migration for me. Guessing about twice during most play sessions of 5-7 matches. They were pretty rare before.

Ping is 70-90 most of the time. In Pacific Northwest.

Lag lasting long enough to see me staring at a wall and cored a second later. Also, much worse since server changes.

#168 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 01 September 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Thankfully though when pgi inevitably closes the doors, someone else will eventually pick the name back up and have their crack at making a mechwarrior game.

This made me laugh. You honestly think other companies will want to pick up the Mechwarrior franchise, after it lay dead for at least 10 years, only to be picked up by PGI and then flopped? Do you recall how long it took for Piranha to find a publisher and source of funds? Nobody wants to touch the franchise they all think it's cursed We're lucky to have what we have now.

#169 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 02 September 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

This made me laugh. You honestly think other companies will want to pick up the Mechwarrior franchise, after it lay dead for at least 10 years, only to be picked up by PGI and then flopped? Do you recall how long it took for Piranha to find a publisher and source of funds? Nobody wants to touch the franchise they all think it's cursed We're lucky to have what we have now.

+1

We are damn lucky to have what we have now. I think this will be here for quite some time, but if it fails, or when it ends, we may never have anything BT online again.

#170 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

Every first match I start after I started the game, I get a freeze after 10-15secs ingame, Alt+Tab to desk helps but it's still annoying and new after the last Patch. This was only an Issue on the testserver, but now it happens on live-server.

#171 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostGraugger, on 01 September 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Now all you have to do is find one for The First Honest Game Designer.

I'd imagine it'd go something like this:

-We wanted to make a super awesome game, and we had all these great ideas.
-To be honest we'd never thought we'd be able to find the funding, then bam out of the blue, we found some funding!
-So we started development. Things were great, we made bounds and leaps.
-Then our source of funding, a publishing company, gave us some deadlines.
-We realized we'd been screwed over by our own source of funding.
-There was no way we could meet the deadlines AND make a quality game.
-There was only one way to take this well: Tell everyone the deadlines (as required by the publisher), and pretend like everything we made was great even if it sucked.
-After finishing the game by the deadlines and working long ass hours that felt more like forced slave labor then anything, we were dismayed by the piece of crap we'd been forced to make.
-Still, they say fake it till you make it. So we smiled and promptly abandoned the game and our current publishing company.
-For our next feature we'll be trying out kickstarter, no rules, no deadlines, and no publisher. It'll be great! Just us and the gamers. Of course we had to change our developer name, so as not to be associated with the piece of crap we released.

#172 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

Ping was mid 30's...is now 17-25! Ye Ha!

The damn server is still freezing/chopping up these days...alas, alak!

#173 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 02 September 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

there was a free mechwarrior mod for crysis that was actually better than mwo, but it got a cease and desist from pgi.

the reason why no "publisher" would touch the title is not because its cursed, but because its been dead for so long you can't sell it to the target demographic very well, its not a hot name that people will buy because it makes them somebody so all you wind up with is 60 year old men who want to live the dreams of their youth, and young kids who dont know any better, and the reason why the title will be even worse off when pgi is done with it is because they are currently struggling to build a positive reputation with the resources they have available, and since modern gaming is literally all about the cash grabs, it is a cycle that only degenerates because the people who run gaming dont care about games, only money...

Let's just say there's a good reason why the only successful food places businessmen tend to own are fast food chains, and its not the one about how the reason why businesspeople say consumer instead of customer is because their target is the majority demographic and the majority consists of individuals who consume whatever you tell them to because they have no taste of their own... but I digress. Don't get me wrong here, I'm fully aware that to most people what I've just said will come across as negative because they have morals and values they perceive as high or because something I've said struck a chord within them and they dont want to admit they're rubes, but when you think about it taking advantage of ignorant people and taking every penny they have is just a part of survival in the jungle. I'm certainly all for taking money from people either too dumb or too ignorant to care, because its not like they needed the money anyway if they rely on a stranger to tell them how to spend it.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 02 September 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#174 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 02 September 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

there was a free mechwarrior mod for crysis that was actually better than mwo, but it got a cease and desist from pgi.

the reason why no "publisher" would touch the title is not because its cursed, but because its been dead for so long you can't sell it to the target demographic very well, its not a hot name that people will buy because it makes them somebody so all you wind up with is 60 year old men who want to live the dreams of their youth, and young kids who dont know any better, and the reason why the title will be even worse off when pgi is done with it is because they are currently struggling to build a positive reputation with the resources they have available, and since modern gaming is literally all about the cash grabs, it is a cycle that only degenerates because the people who run gaming dont care about games, only money...

Let's just say there's a good reason why the only successful food places businessmen tend to own are fast food chains, and its not the one about how the reason why businesspeople say consumer instead of customer is because their target is the majority demographic and the majority consists of individuals who consume whatever you tell them to because they have no taste of their own... but I digress. Don't get me wrong here, I'm fully aware that to most people what I've just said will come across as negative because they have morals and values they perceive as high or because something I've said struck a chord within them and they dont want to admit they're rubes, but when you think about it taking advantage of ignorant people and taking every penny they have is just a part of survival in the jungle. I'm certainly all for taking money from people either too dumb or too ignorant to care, because its not like they needed the money anyway if they rely on a stranger to tell them how to spend it.

You...you're my freaking hero. Someone with common sense. Thank you very much for saying what others don't have the guts to. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users