11 replies to this topic

#1 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

As the title states, I'm looking to commission a piece of MWO art for my unit's webpage, recruitment threads, etc.

Our group likes and appreciates both the old TRO style as well as the newer MWO styles (i'd say we're probably looking for something along the lines of the new style primarily).

If you've got the skills to come up with something good, please PM me to throw your name in the hat. The art medium doesn't matter to me - digital, painting, sketching, etc - as long as we're able to convert appropriately for our needs.

I check my messages regularly and will reply promptly.

Thanks!

#2 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

Cant wait to see what people come up with. I can draw but i have nowhere near the skills of some of the talent I have seen around here.

#3 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:46 AM

Haven't had a single individual contact me yet. <_< I know this community has some stellar artists that Ransom's Corsairs would love to support.

Seriously, if you're interested, please let me know. Even if you're not an artist but know someone you think would fit the bill for this project, please let them know.

Thanks!

#4 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

Money!!

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

the lack of specifics as to the nature of the work, is probably one of the limiting factors to your responses, or lack thereof.
Is it line art you need for a few mechs? Battlescenes? Pilots? Different folk specialize in different stuff, and so for instance, someone like me, who does primarily line art and concept work, would not be the guy to do portraits and landscapes.

#6 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

What sort of thing are you looking for? Banners, signatures, recruitment posters, combat scenes, repaints, custom designs... It's hard to indicate interest without knowing what you're after beyond "art". That said, consider me tentatively interested.

#7 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 20 August 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

What sort of thing are you looking for? Banners, signatures, recruitment posters, combat scenes, repaints, custom designs... It's hard to indicate interest without knowing what you're after beyond "art". That said, consider me tentatively interested.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 August 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

the lack of specifics as to the nature of the work, is probably one of the limiting factors to your responses, or lack thereof.
Is it line art you need for a few mechs? Battlescenes? Pilots? Different folk specialize in different stuff, and so for instance, someone like me, who does primarily line art and concept work, would not be the guy to do portraits and landscapes.

Specifics are difficult to offer, when they don't exist. <_<

At this point i'm in a info-gathering stage. My thoughts on what this will be may differ somewhat from what our entire unit ultimately decides.

That said, i've thrown out the idea that a large-scale battle scene (epic mural of sorts) which portrays Ransom's Corsairs colors, favored mechs, and maybe some of the more famous exploits of our pilots would be the end result.

I guess, from that one, larger, piece we could crop specific parts to use in sigs, etc.

The background image on mwomercs could be considered a good example. However, as i said in the original post, the medium and technique are not as important as the end result's look and feel.

As for fee - that's to be discussed after preliminary discussions hammer out more details and the artist has a clearer idea of what's involved and what a fair fee would be.

Edited by Mott, 20 August 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#8 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Bishop should do it!

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 20 August 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

Bishop should do it!

eh, color battle scenes, sadly are not my speciality, DON. Where I good at that, or had a partner to collaborate (kind of like how in Comics, you used to have the penciler and the colors by separate people) it would be interesting. But it is also the type of thing that really needs to be handled digitally, IMO, as doing analog art for it would require a lot of "panels" which don't always line up.

Should they want Individual panels, for Pilots and Mechs, like the old Merc Handbooks used to have, that might be something I would be interested in. But the main piece, really is outside my bailiwick.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 20 August 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#10 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Thanks for the feedback Bishop. If the mural idea ends up being beyond viability, i'll touch base with you again.

Salute

Edited by Mott, 20 August 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#11 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

Make sure it isn't this...
Posted Image

#12 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Just a bump to keep this relevant.

We've had interest from 2 very well known BT/MW artists, but we're happy to hear from others before we make our decision.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users