• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 25 August 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

3. Will the hitbox for the dome be fixed and no longer register as front CT no matter where you shoot on it?

This is the only one that I know the answer to: yes, the head area is going to be split up a bit better, so you get more LT/RT from it, but slightly less CT (I think Russ said it is about a 2% change)

#182 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

Does the inclusion of this mean that the SIC will get it's own faction before long? :P

#183 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostJuvat, on 26 August 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

Does the inclusion of this mean that the SIC will get it's own faction before long? :P

The fact that it's inclusion excludes the identical VND-1SIC from being in MWO is a bit of a mixed blessing...

Edited by CycKath, 26 August 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#184 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

I kinda which they'd include the VND-1SIC still. After all, the Hero variant has its own awesome paint job and the CBill boost, so there's no reason not to include it as a standard non-hero variant too.

#185 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 27 August 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

I kinda which they'd include the VND-1SIC still. After all, the Hero variant has its own awesome paint job and the CBill boost, so there's no reason not to include it as a standard non-hero variant too.

Problem is the hero is rather light on hard points, unless the 1SIC adopts Thor style literally WYSIWYG hardpoints with massively different and likely negative quirks, it'd likely cannibalise hero sales.

#186 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

Hero has the CBill boost, that is the major difference. I'm still happy I bought the SIB, but having the 1SIB would be a good inclusion as it has an extra missile hardpoint.

#187 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

But if the C-Bill boost and exclusive paint scheme are the only differences, many would be willing to accept the grind and would favour the 1SIC for C-Bills instead, resulting in less MC sales of the SIB. That's why the heroes end up being generally something you can't get in the standard variants, for good or ill, to give a clear difference.

#188 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostCycKath, on 01 September 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

But if the C-Bill boost and exclusive paint scheme are the only differences, many would be willing to accept the grind and would favour the 1SIC for C-Bills instead, resulting in less MC sales of the SIB. That's why the heroes end up being generally something you can't get in the standard variants, for good or ill, to give a clear difference.

Firebrand and Jager-DD are a good example of this. I gave up the Firebrand, due to its paint scheme, in favor of the DD, which can do the Gauss/AC40 builds just as well.

#189 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:02 AM

The Vindicator (St.Ives) is fine, just slap in a 250 class engine (STD for brawler role, XL for support role) and it becomes very responsive even before any basic/elite tweaks.

#190 Ruhkil

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

I for one am very happy that they put the vindicator in this game. I used the vindicator through almost 80% of mechwarrior 2 mercs. I did eventually upgrade to a bigger mech towards the end of the game but i am going to buy this and master it for nostalgia reasons alone! Who knows maybe if they add vehicles like LRM and SRM carriers for CW this mech can serve as a sort of picket or heavy scout to break an enemy flank of vehicles.

#191 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostRuhkil, on 03 September 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

I for one am very happy that they put the vindicator in this game. I used the vindicator through almost 80% of mechwarrior 2 mercs. I did eventually upgrade to a bigger mech towards the end of the game but i am going to buy this and master it for nostalgia reasons alone! Who knows maybe if they add vehicles like LRM and SRM carriers for CW this mech can serve as a sort of picket or heavy scout to break an enemy flank of vehicles.

He does the heavy scout role well also doing over 90kph lets me keep up with the clanners....

Best role is support though....assist the fatties, take some damage for them and keep your PPC intact.

#192 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:21 AM

I've got the St. Ives and the 1AA so far... and not overly impressed. I was absolutely stunned by the BJ's versatility and firepower when i first tried it out. But with the VND, so far my strongest reaction has been "Meh".

The only thing(s) really going for it is the 1AA's 100kph+ speed and it handles quite well once basic'd.

Other than that the VNDs are just too squishy (fragile) and wimpy (lacking firepower) to ever be anything but a fun-for-fluff mech.

#193 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostMott, on 04 September 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

I've got the St. Ives and the 1AA so far... and not overly impressed. I was absolutely stunned by the BJ's versatility and firepower when i first tried it out. But with the VND, so far my strongest reaction has been "Meh".

The only thing(s) really going for it is the 1AA's 100kph+ speed and it handles quite well once basic'd.

Other than that the VNDs are just too squishy (fragile) and wimpy (lacking firepower) to ever be anything but a fun-for-fluff mech.

The Vindi excels as a second line mech, just be the satellite of a big Atlas or DWF, and smack what they are hitting. It's a very nimble mech too. On the other hand, you can easily make it into a poptart with 2 ERPPCs in it (I usually spend a ton on a TAG in the head for range finding, and invisible wall checks.

#194 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 September 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

The Vindi excels as a second line mech,

"Excels" is a very strong proclamation. And i think the VND falls far short of it.

I love mediums, they're pretty much all i drive (the only MWO medium i don't currently own is the Cicada). And i do very well supporting fire-magnet mechs, taking the time to line up accurate alphas while my targets are distracted by someone else.

I know HOW to play it... and the VND still isn't great in the role. Every other IS medium (and the Kit Fox) does it better by providing some better combination of speed, firepower or tankiness.

Edited by Mott, 04 September 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#195 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

Its bigger than a BlackJack and the BlackJack can do everything that he does (beside use of Missiles) better than the vindicator. Its a no go for me. Way to big for my taste on a 45 tonner, it has the QKD syndrome....

#196 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 21 August 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Wow i do bad in St Ives Blue, locust with Highlander movement archetype bad(that's how bad i am in it, not saying thats how it is). But none of this will matter when the 1AA come next week, i already know it will be part or my favs and i needed 2 others to grind it and a hero mech with a bitchin camo is always a good way to grind lol.

Hello Me, meet the real Me and my misfits way of life. I was right about the AA1, ive just done the basics and i can tell it's going to be a fav for me. Stats are approving of my choice too, 1.6win ratio 2.17kdr opposed to my SIB 1.22wr 0.35kdr ouch lol.

Im seeing AA1 on the battlefield without 2ams and usually none at all, have to ask, wtf are you guys thinking?

#197 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 06 September 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Im seeing AA1 on the battlefield without 2ams and usually none at all, have to ask, wtf are you guys thinking?

I have radar dep and an ability to read the "incoming missiles" warning and move into cover to protect myself and break radar lock.

Why... what wtf are you thinking?

#198 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

I learned that the 3+ tons used up by the dual AMS is better used on that many more DHS.

Plus Radar Derp is the best AMS, when I'm running at 116kph.

Edited by Kevjack, 13 September 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#199 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:21 AM

Ill always go the extra miles and help the team with dual ams when i can. Radar Dep only helps you when you hide and thats when you are not narcd.

#200 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

Hello Me, meet the real Me and my misfits way of life. I was right about the 1AA, ive just done the basics and i can tell it's going to be a fav for me. Stats are approving of my choice too, 1.6win ratio 2.17kdr opposed to my SIB 1.22wr 0.35kdr ouch lol.

Im seeing 1AA on the battlefield without 2ams and usually none at all, have to ask, wtf are you guys thinking?

My 1AA kdr has sank to to 1.1 :(

Edited by DAYLEET, 14 September 2014 - 01:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users