Hula Girl

3 replies to this topic

#1 Masterbagger

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

I want one. There are many on amazon and ebay but none that resemble the hula girl in my mech. This will not do. I could probably find a person with a 3D printer willing to make a few of them for a hefty donation of ammo or pmags but I have no talent at painting things and would not be able to finish them. Nor do I know the specifics of whatever internal sorcery makes the hula girl sway. What course of action shall I take?

#2 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:00 AM

Make your girlfriend/wife wear the outfit. Caution: Requires girlfriend or wife. Double Caution: may require extensive bribing!

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 20 August 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Make your girlfriend/wife wear the outfit. Caution: Requires girlfriend or wife. Double Caution: may require extensive bribing!

if you got the right wife/gf she gonna wear it with pleasure. But not sure if such an outfit last long, seems to be quite fragile.

Edited by Lily from animove, 20 August 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#4 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:42 AM

Greetings all,

This is all find and dandy, but I'd actually like the dashboard hula girl to have a bit better graphics and details.
(this item is rendered in a very low model, blocky feet and hands. Lets look at something better if I'm going to be seeing her out of the corner of my vision when moving.)

- At least closer to the level of the NVidia Dawn character.
(I understand that item is a special copy write item and designed specificially for MechWarriors initial release. I have the Dawn item also and it makes the Hula seem so 'basic'.)

- I have seen the files of this Hula item and it looks like an improvement of the image files for the body should work.
~ I'm assuming that this does indeed break the agreement with PGI/IPG if it was attempted.
- and possibly break the file integrity?

So, here's the first question:
Q1: Can any of these files be modified to improve the graphics features of the base image?
- If so, I do not want to change the item just bring higher resolution to this ornament.
(is that even possible? Are all these items locked at a set resolution?)

Q2: Off topic but related, How will the Unit decals for placement on a Mech be handled?
- Will these be submitted to PGI for approval? (with set parameter's)
- Any method of 'seeing' the item placed before entering a match?

9erRed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users