How To Not Suck At Mwo: A Primer For Noobs, A Refresher For Ogs

teamwork basics prerequisite

6 replies to this topic

#1 Galathon Redd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationBremerton, WA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

Or, "8 Simple Rules Every MechWarrior Should Follow". This video, my friends and fellow MechWarriors, is a mantra - a set of core guidelines that should be required viewing to every pilot, new and old. It may all have been said before, but it may be high time it got said again, assembled into one neat little package. This, my friends, is how not to make a fool out of yourself in MWO:

#2 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

OK I'm not exactly new to MWO or Mechwarrior games in general but I'll take a look at this, seems interesting.

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

I find it realy realy cool when ppl take their time to write guides and do some exelwarrior online to get the numbers straight and share their insights. Also Mapknowledge, taktiks on certain maps and stuff is always cool to view.

But .... oh boy. This vid.... ;)

Where are the facts ? Not only this guy obviously set his game graphics too high to get a decent frame rate no... first 2 minutes of only 9.somewhat minutes of the vid is nothing but blustering, rubbish and playing the cool prof redneck one. :ph34r:

Must follow ? Will take you from beeing an absolute moron to...what ?
Says stick together and runs off by himself ...
Says shoot a the same mech and takes the lone atlas for target then steps in front of his mate and killsteals an already disabled raven...
says something about *press R* and hold targets so your friends can shoot at them and starts targetjumping the same instant....

WTF ???

Is there a chance this is some try on beeing funny ?
You are joking....right ?

Edited by The Basilisk, 21 August 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:26 AM

View PostGalathon Redd, on 20 August 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

Or, "8 Simple Rules Every MechWarrior Should Follow". This video, my friends and fellow MechWarriors, is a mantra - a set of core guidelines that should be required viewing to every pilot, new and old. It may all have been said before, but it may be high time it got said again, assembled into one neat little package. This, my friends, is how not to make a fool out of yourself in MWO:

I liked the advice in the vid. The rules themselves are solid, and correct. People should follow them.

#5 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Great tips for any new player......

But Rule 8... Best rule ever....

View PostThe Basilisk, on 21 August 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

says something about *press R* and hold targets so your friends can shoot at them and starts targetjumping the same instant....

lighten up man, the guy is just stating some rules that people should know...

Most of the game he had Blue triangles near him. Most of the targets he had locked already had others locked already.. at one time i counted 3+ solid triangles, and he was targeting things that were not under cover there is zero wrong with that.

The atlas he was attacking from behind, while the others were attacking his front, something you should do in a light.. But Kill stealing? Come on, your kidding right? if the thing is dead and you get a win, who the heck cares did the final blow.. I can't count the number of times i took a mech down to nothing and then someone pegs it and does the final blow.. Or i fire a single round of LRM's take the kill from 800m away, They all even out in the end. But I'll take that over bringing the mech down to nothing, and he still has a PPC left and grabs a lucky shot and kills me, or a team mate.. But i guess everyone is a critic...

Edited by JC Daxion, 21 August 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#6 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

only good rule for pug games is w key is the win key

#7 McMatt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:15 AM

Good rules. In MWO I don't really see kill stealing. Mech can take so much damage that you never know if one is capable of giving killing blow. I may soften a mech almost to zero, but I'm just about to overheat so I can't finish him off. Friendly hand can put enemy to rest and save my butt. An (for me) this is team game. So it isn't matter who kills enemy mech. Win at the end matters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users