Wolverine 6R, To Artemis Or Not Atremis That Is The Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

(*edit I wonder if this should be moved to the Medium builds forum)

I have been wondering if artemis on this mech is really worth the weight or not..

This one is the one i have been playing... I really love it.. (actually i did not notice till i just re-did it in smurfy, i was actually a bit lighter on the armor, Dropped 1/2 ton of AMS, and went with this set up.. gonna see if that extra 1/2 ton of armor helps me out, not sure how i missed it.. no wonder i kept loosing my arms!)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...df2fbd928494447

This is the one that has me thinking, Maybe i would be better off.. I do have all the stuff so the swap would not cost me anything outside of paying for the down grade on artemis., But i figured i would ask, anyway before i did.. Because i know many of you will know about no artemis and LRM 10's. I know the SRM's will spread a bit more, But from everything i noticed, they still spread a decent amount with, and just 6, it is more of a mini shot gun anyway. Basically my SRM's and Machine guns are the up close finishers.. main damage is LRMs

I play the mech as a LRM skirmisher/flanker.. This is almost about a 8 KPH increase which is pretty decent too. ..

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...93e6c7a6a64ccfd

As you can see, The main changes are No Artemis, and instead BAP, and Boost the engine from a XL-280 to a XL-300.

The last one that had me thinking was.. Keep the 280 XL, and install another 3 JJ's like this as with the recent changes, i swear that my 3 JJ's on my medium, seems to not work as well as 2 on my 65 ton heavy for some odd reason.. maybe it is in my head as i notice more trying to run away when things get hot, and i have less armor.. But it does feel like it doesn't jump as high anyway so this was one last build that has me curious to try...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4cc6c91b5422575

anyways, Yea i know.. Just try it.. But i wanted to hear some feedback/thoughts.. and thought i would just post my wolverine for others that might be interested. I am really finding it a fantastic mech and a ton of fun, if you wan't to try something different..

But mainly i was curious about the lock times and spread differences on the LRM's..

Edited by JC Daxion, 21 August 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#2 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

My recommendations are to convert to 3x ARLM10 and reduce the mg ammo to 1/2 ton.

#3 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

ok.. i do get that.. but if i wanted to play an LRM 30 mech... i'd play my Cat..... While the SRM6 and machine gun combo is like playing a light but after being soften up they work well.. Besides i just don't like not having any short ranged weapons.. :D

Edited by JC Daxion, 23 August 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#4 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

I did the current 50 win challenge mainly with WVR-6R. Using 3 SRM4 leaves you with enough room for AC10, while 3 SRM6 or (better) 3 ASRM4 will leave you with UAC5.

I hate using SRM focused mechs without Artemis, so after several matches with AC10+SRMs I switched to UAC5+ASRMs.

3 ASRM6 are possible, but your ballistic options will be restricted to MGs or AC2.

All three versions work, it's a matter of taste.

Edited by Kitane, 24 August 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#5 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

View PostKitane, on 24 August 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

I did the current 50 win challenge mainly with WVR-6R. Using 3 SRM4 leaves you with enough room for AC10, while 3 SRM6 or (better) 3 ASRM4 will leave you with UAC5.

I hate using SRM focused mechs without Artemis, so after several matches with AC10+SRMs I switched to UAC5+ASRMs.

3 ASRM6 are possible, but your ballistic options will be restricted to MGs or AC2.

All three versions work, it's a matter of taste.

atremis on the srm4's makes the groupings really tight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users