67 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

Please tell us your feedback and discovered issues on the Unit Creation system!

#2 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Periods for Unit tags and names are not allowed in game

Also, to piggyback a post from StillRadioactive in the Delay sub-forum, Disbanding does not free up the unit's name. This seems like it could be exploited to grief other players. Enter and disband a bunch of likely-popular names and then no one can ever use them even though you aren't using them either.

Edited by Domenoth, 21 August 2014 - 12:43 PM.

#3 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

That's a good point. You might want to allow special characters to be used.

Other than that, it's actually fairly simple and easy to use. The only problem I had was with the assigning of the rank of the leader. If you know your unit is going to be rather small, "General of the Army" seems a bit excessive. You can delete everything but that one....or....that's all I could figure out. Maybe I'm missing something.

#4 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 21 August 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

That's a good point. You might want to allow special characters to be used.

Other than that, it's actually fairly simple and easy to use. The only problem I had was with the assigning of the rank of the leader. If you know your unit is going to be rather small, "General of the Army" seems a bit excessive. You can delete everything but that one....or....that's all I could figure out. Maybe I'm missing something.

There is a pen/pencil icon next to General of the Army. I was able to change it to something more to my liking.

#5 TyrEol

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

If you are in the faction screen you get one chat window open up for Unit / Officer, if you then open the social button you get a second chat window in a layer over the top of it.

#6 Sev Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Unit name max char for pre-registrations is 36.
Ingame it is 35. ;)

Edited by Sev7, 21 August 2014 - 12:43 PM.

#7 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 21 August 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

There is a pen/pencil icon next to General of the Army. I was able to change it to something more to my liking.

Why yes, yes there was. And that fixed everything. Thanks, man.

#8 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

Donating to the coffer should probably zero out the donate value.

#9 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

I believe that the filter is kind of working incorrectly.

For instance, in the rules for Unit Registration, it says that you can have canon names, as long as you add some additional stuff to identify you are not "THE" unit.

However, if trying to make "Hansen's Roughriders-Heavy Regiment", which seemingly should be allowed under the rules, it will not allow this and gives the error:
"Unable to create the unit "Hansen's Roughriders-Heavy Regiment" as it contains 1 or more filtered words"

I suspect this is because the filtered list contains "Roughriders" since apparently that was some other battletech unit at some point? However, given the rules in the unit creation thread, this name should be legitimate.

To clarify, from the rules thread for pre-registration, this is stated:

Unit Names can spin-off of Lore-based names, so long as they add a unique change or identifier to that name.
Black Widow Company of Vancouver [GOOD]
Canadian Golden Keshik [GOOD]
Helmer’s Dragoons [GOOD]
42nd Donegal Guard [GOOD]

This would seem to suggest that the name I entered would be valid.

Edited by Roland, 21 August 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#10 Bad Karma1775

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationHouma, LA

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

[color=#00FFFF]Please try to answer the following questions in your feedback:[/color]
  • What is your average ping in the Public Test? - 89
  • How does your ping compare to the Live environment? - same
  • Did you experience any de-syncs in-game? - negative as of yet
  • Did you experience any stalls while saving in the front end? negative
  • If experiencing negative connectivity; What is your ISP, connection type and advertised speed?
I love the new map - some floating buildings noticed but easily fixed. Had no trouble moving. Map is beautiful. I am running everything on high and had no problems.
I7-3770 3.4GHZ 16GB RAM GTX 660 VC WINDOWS 7.

#11 Stormwolfe13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts
  • LocationJersey Strong

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

I have noticed that even though I am "General of the Army" rank it is not possible for me to place a check mark near the first 5 options of the rank privileges; Assign Leader. Creat/Name Ranks, Edit/Delete Ranks, Order Ranks, and Disband Unit. I also noted that there was no Mercenary Review Board Authorizations to purchase and was not asked to pay anything to create the unit. Also noticed there was no way to add funds to the unit coffer. I admit I may just be a dumb ass and unable to figure these things out or I am not sure if any of these "issues" are working as intended or oversights/bugs. Just passing it along.

Edited by Stormwolfe13, 21 August 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#12 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Do apostrophes not work?

#13 Vimeous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

Can you provide a list of banned words?
I've tried all sorts of combinations that seem reasonable - and not knowingly based on lore - yet repeated word blocks.

#14 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

So far here are my 50 cents on problems/usability suggestions:

Minor Bug
  • Enter and Esc should work while editing Rank Names or Adding New Ranks
  • After clicking on a rank (in the rank management list) it cannot be dragged right away, requiring an additional click
  • After clicking on Remove Rank, pressing Enter disbands the dialog box but doesn’t remove the rank
  • It is possible to create ranks with the exact same name (don’t know if it is intentional)
  • If the Tag consists on a forbidden word or profanity (such as ****, for instance) the error message points to the name and not to the tag.
  • The notification popup menu (after clicking an invite) does not go on top of Group Chap window, requiring me to drag it away first so that I can click on the option
Feature Suggestion
  • When opening the Friends list, a Unit Chat also pops-up, but the previous Unit Chat (in Faction screen) remains visible underneath
  • Unit Tag in Contacts List should be something to add
  • Sort by Unit in friends list would also be quite handy

#15 dak irakoz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

even if the unit tag had both lower and upper case, in the faction tab at the bottom, the tag is just upper case. In game it shows correctly.

#16 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

I looks like using any combo of a name that has a filtered word in it dont work IE. any combination with Robinson Rangers dont work
Cant use space's

Ex:
Robinson Rangers----Cannon Unit Would not pass
Robinson Rangers Brigade--------Dont pass the filter test (none cannon unit within Creation rules)
RobinsonRangersBrigade------- Passed the filter

Edited by stevemac, 21 August 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#17 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Wasn't there supposed to be a map of the inner sphere? I guess thats not part of this CW module...

Inviting a friend to a unit via the friends list gives me this (Missing language file token translation i guess):

Posted Image

Opening the 'Faction Section' and then the friends list, shows the chat window twice. And why is the size of the chatwindow bigger when entered via the friendslist compared to the faction chat window?

Posted Image

#18 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

What part of "Shadow Pack" is a 'filtered word' in the Unit Creation .... and why?

Or is this the default "name already taken" thing?

Edited by ShadowWard, 21 August 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#19 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

For me when I loaded it up I was wondering where the heck the map was. I am assuming it wasn't finished in time for this test so I'll let it slide unless it was finished and no one put it in or it was a glitch.

I get a sign when inviting players "@ui_social_InviteToUnit" which I guess is an error with the code and language encryption.

The Unit when starting has WAY to many Ranks. I mean you spend 5 minutes just deleting them all because it is easier than replacing the names. LESS RANKS PLEASE (minor complaint not big just time consuming and annoying)

Not being able to assign your own rank. I made a rank of Jarl (a high official under the rule of a Monarch) for my unit and wanted to switch over to it and get rid of the GENERAL OF THE ARMY because it is slightly faster but found that I can't do that and I am locked in place. Its not big but if someone was to create a unit because they had the money to make it, but couldn't go to a lower rank and let a friend lead that would get upsetting.

Also I wanted to name the unit Jarls of Rasalhague but it says Rasalhague is Banned? Why is it Banned? The Faction is the Free Rasalhague Republic or League not just plain Rasalhague. I know copyright stuff and all but come on if we can't name it after our country you are toast because Clan Wolf Delta Galaxy will have to be switched to just plain Delta Galaxy and Clansmen like to shout out whom they support. Minor complaint again but I would rather this one be seen too. If we are going to ban names- Hansen's Roughriders, Kell Hounds, Wolf, Clan Wolf, Wolverine, Minnesota Tribe (both words), Jade Falcon, and the name of EVERY MERC AND FACTION should be banned. Just saying either BAN THEM ALL or leave us with some wiggle room to make a unit that can have at least our Faction name in it (just use a truth command to check and make sure it is not the FULL Faction name by itself or Merc Name. I have done it before and its only like 6 lines of code just a simple If statement).

Other than that no complaints. Mine are all minor.

Edited by The Advisor, 21 August 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#20 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

The moving people into ranks appears "non-obvious" because you have to "highlight" the rank in the unit management section to get the up+down arrows to appear.

Editing ranks doesn't seem "obvious" though while as the leader... as it probably suffers the same thing (the icon for changing it should be readily visible IMO).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users