#101 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

That map looks superb!

..............Waits for the typical PGI bomb shell saying the ambient temperature is 85 deg' and gravity being 2.0 or something.

Joking aside it looks great may finally help against the LRM spam and encourage that dying art which is brawling.....at last i've been waiting for brawling map for ages.

I'm intrigued about the faction warfare and wondering how there going about the Mercenary route as that was the path most interesting to me, Likewise how much are alliegances going to affect gameplay are we tied to a unit for X amount of time or can we come and go as we please. Or will it be like MW4 where we choose a faction and play the game out under that story line.

Can we Defect? Will we gain loose loyalty points as a reward/punishment. If we gain loyalty points, whats the reward? 10? off your next LBX-10 purchase?

How is PUG playing going to work in this function, i don't tend to play with friends as they're only people in this game (not actually friends in the real world) so cannot actually organize to play together so to speak.

Like the spelling in that VLOG, NGNG ahem.

Edited by mad kat, 22 August 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#102 Mellonbuster

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

Wow! He had almost 2 BILLION c bills at the end of the vlog! How many matches in REALITY would that take? About 20,000! Must be nice to be able to give yourself unlimited cbills

#103 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

You know, with the ability to assign ranks and requiring donations you could go for a MWO version of the historic purchasing of commisions.

"Would you like to remain 'most excellent grand pooba of the interior mechbay' for this week as well? That will be 5M C-bills thank you very much. Only have 3m? I guess it will be 'supreme master of the sim-pods' then hmmmmm?"

#104 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 22 August 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

What I noticed is that Paul must think the mouse-over noises and nag boxes are a good thing, or at least not as annoying as I think they are.

(Edit: and, yes, I have the noises disabled in my UI)

How do you disable the UI noises? Is it independent of the rest of the game noises, hopefully? I also noticed that he seemed overly fond of waving his mouse over the buttons just to make the sound, which at this point is like nails on a chalkboard to most of us that play more often than we should...

View PostAH Albatross, on 22 August 2014 - 05:35 AM, said:

I understand the ideal of the mech unit coffers and really like that, but will this be the tool to eventually buy the merc company's dropships instead of 12 members coughing up 18.88M cbills? If so that is a great step forward, means everyone in the company can contribute without taxing only a few, or that those who have vast sums of cbills can pay in what they feel they want to.

Would like to hear even some preliminary stuff on the dropships and how that is going to work. It has been quite awhile since we last heard something and there have been some significant changes since.

I believe that is the point of the "coffer", yes, as they said there will be no initial cost to making a unit now.

I would also be very happy to get more details, but anytime I ask on Twitter about it, Russ just says, "tons of details on the command chair posts", which does nothing helpful, unfortunately.

#105 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostCimarb, on 22 August 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

How do you disable the UI noises?

Settings > Audio > FrontEnd Sounds

#106 Iron Mouse

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

LOOKS AWESOME on the Unite creation, wonderful maps, look forward to more CW additions.

#107 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

Thank you for posting the text of the VLog so we can read instead of watch. Makes it a lot easier for some of us.

#108 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

The 1AA Vindicator...from Sarna "Unfortunately speed is no substitute for armor on the modern battlefield and the variant proved to be a failure; a few 1AA variants were eventually "gifted" to the Free Rasalhague Republic"

okay.... so much for that :D

Edited by Alex Warden, 22 August 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#109 Wrayeth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

Still no word on jump jets? That's very disappointing. Even a short "we like where jump jets are at and have no plans to change them" would be enough for me to make my decision on whether or not to give up all hope and abandon MWO or consider coming back and playing again.

#110 Karn Bloodstar

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

While i navent been as forums warrior like most of you, I will be a man of my word!

THANK YOU PGI for finally adding content that we have been waiting (some of us since the Begining of beta) for!

While it would be easy to complain or bash pgi for what ever reason I will not. THis is the kind of information , added content we need to make this game much more than it is.

I would like to mention
Kageru Ikazuchi

As one of the best post i have read in a long time!

Honor to you fellow mechwarrior, I am impressed and that does not happen often if ever!

With the information about the how and why for mechs/maps/content creation i feel alot a better about my continued support of the MWO game!

SO again thanks !

Edited by Karn Bloodstar, 22 August 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#111 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 August 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

The goal of sharing any professional content on a third-party social media site should be to drive attention back to the hub of our service: mwomercs.com, and not to entrench others further into those social media outlets and away from the hub.

As much as I agree, I have to make a sarcastic remark about the use of twitter for communication. Consider it done.

#112 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Love the fact that they removed the module micro-heat. Now the modules are actually useful and can be considered worth purchasing and equipping. Heretofore, only the AMS and MG modules were any good. I'm also quite pleased to see a new, innovative map! I look forward to running matches on it. Regarding the Mech selection though, as I understand it, many of the Mechs in the game are a bit too far forward in the timeline to be included. What is the rationale behind including them then? Also, any chance on seeing the venerable Devastator in MWO? It has two standard variants and a special variant. The special one has MASC though; could this be the hold-up?

#113 Gorthaur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

yay, another [redacted] of a map where people stand right behind me and I glitch through the crappy terrain/buildings while being team shot... woo hoo!!!

Edited by Egomane, 23 August 2014 - 12:30 AM.
language

#114 countTZT

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Nice map. Kinda Crimson Strait played close to the base in the south east under the railroad.

#115 wickedlegendz

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

..Ok since this is the second time I've typed all this because the page wigged out im going to make this much more brief than before lol.. I have many many ideas that could be of benefit hers a few.
Community warfare units need to have monetary value for each member time is money and each player puts in time to earn C-bills so if you want this to be as successful as possible make it possible for each member to earn something by donating to a unit otherwise it is not really worth it to a player to be apart of said unit and donate to it...

another issue is the LRM and SRM on all mechs...they increase size of whatever area they are placed in So I propose adding hardpoints (possibly removable hardpoints) to the area that so that the mech doesn't become more glass like..for examply when you add LRMs or SRMs to a timber wolf its size increases quite a bit and the side torsos then tend to absorb massive amounts of dmg more so than usual. A solution to this is to add LRM or SRM missile launcher hard points.

now for the last part...having to do with Clan vs IS Mech.
would a person take a model T car and put it next to say a Mercedes or some sort of newer car and nerf the Mercedes so that the Model T can keep up ...no that wouldn't be the best solution but, in the moment it might seem like it would work but, you end up having more issues and eventually have to nerf the model T after nerfing the other car. It then becomes a vicious cycle.. A different route which is much more feasible is to update the IS mechs so that the "quirks" that make them so easy to take down even for a weak armored jagermech are fixed and remove the hadicaps put on the Can mechs so that they don't quickly become more worth..less than they should... these mechs should be great mechs..but, the continued nerfs are only hurting all players in the long run...that means later mechs will have to be nerfed on and on and on...simply update the IS mechs..they are the problem not the Clan mechs...the real issue with Clan mechs is the IS mechs need updates and the clan mechs if you think about it are as deadly as they are because a mass amount of elite players have been clanners since before this game ever existed and were only waitin for them to com out... so yes a we see them doing massive dmg and getting mass kills...that's because they have good pilots so your no fixing the mechs your penalizing Clanners for being Clanners and PAYING the premium for them after waiting for them for so long the clan weapons in their current state limit the possible successful builds so much I see many more often than not, sadly staring at the mechs for extended periods of time instead of joyously working on a fun build because of the continued nerfs to them..

For example the ER Large Laser.. the extended time makes it almost impossible for a clan light to do the same thing that any of the IS lights do which is snipe and longer range is supposed to be one of the clans biggest achievements as well as it makes it virtually worthless on mot other builds compared to before and something else that may or may not have been realized.. when you fire any weapon with a long firing time, teammates end up getting damaged because of it so making firing times longer isn't viable. It makes that weapon fairly garbage like sadly, as well as takes allll that time spent in making it again sadly wasted... UPDATE THE IS MECHS AND RESTORE THE CLAN MECHS & WEAPONS TO THEIR GLORY. Then any future mechs wont have to be stripped down and nerfed into the scrap pile. let us elevate all mechs and make them all great mechs instead of having them all set to lower standards...raise the base standards which is the IS mechs which will raise the standards of all mechs current and yet to be built. lets discuss the builds somtime..im almost always on...hit me up im always willing to discuss MWO lol :angry:

Sincerely,
Wickedlegendz

#116 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 22 August 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Omg! Omg! Another F2P ***, who agrees with previously OP version cERLL to be overnefed to the ground, without playing the weapon, and realizing that there were a lot better ways how to nerf the weapon, while still being viable on all maps, on all ranges and while still being nerfed. Sad is, that people like you will realize how stupid the 2s duration is, after they manage to play the clan tech.

You dont know what you are talking about, so... shut up?

Why do you just assume I am "F2P" and totally unfamiliar with the Clan weapons and what it's like to fire one? I've supported PGI financially (I hide my overlord star because I think it's ugly) and I help out on the test server. I realize what I said was sarcastic and invited a negative response, but there is no need to be so rude to me.

The Clan ER Large does more damage and has a much longer range, meaning it does even more damage beyond optimal range. It can also benefit from a targeting computer. Those are things the IS ER Large doesn't have. In a long range open map situation the Clan ER Large is superior to the IS version. The longer beam duration is the price to pay for that superiority. The fact that it suffers on the new map and the IS version is actually better is what is called BALANCE.

What you guys seem to want is for Clan weapons to be better in ALL situations, and that just wouldn't be fair.

Edited by Lexx, 22 August 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#117 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostLexx, on 22 August 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Why do you just assume I am "F2P" and totally unfamiliar with the Clan weapons and what it's like to fire one? I've supported PGI financially (I hide my overlord star because I think it's ugly) and I help out on the test server. I realize what I said was sarcastic and invited a negative response, but there is no need to be so rude to me.

Well then, sorry if i touched your feelings. Rage overtakes me, everytime i see a real F2Player posting here about clan balance the way you did: "Awww clanner lost his p2w! he wants buff" I hate that. All i want is this game to be balanced, and still being able to play whatever weapon i want in competitive gameplay.

The Clan ER Large does more damage and has a much longer range, meaning it does even more damage beyond optimal range. It can also benefit from a targeting computer. Those are things the IS ER Large doesn't have. In a long range open map situation the Clan ER Large is superior to the IS version. The longer beam duration is the price to pay for that superiority. The fact that it suffers on the new map and the IS version is actually better is what is called BALANCE.

So it does. But you need to be 1000m + far from distance to use them efficiently. Good luck with that in River city, Crimson Straight or Frozen City [redacted].

You dont seem to read any topic and reply regarding the cERLL revision. People are actually offering a lot different and yet lot more logical opinions about cERLL concept. As a long term IS ERLLL/cERLL user i can say.

I still dont understand, why should a [redacted] long beam duration be a balance key, when you can change the damage from 11.4 to (11/10.5/10) while still maintaining its old 1.5s beam duration, while leaving rest of the values as they are post-nerf.

I dont understand, why PGI says they try to eliminate 1k LR engagement, while not even touching cERLL range, and instead of that, making it situational weapon.

Im comp player, but in pub you dont even know what map you gonna drop into. How can you adapt your build and gamestyle accordingly then?

Nerfing other aspects of the weapon is "BALANCE" too. Except more logical. 1.5s was long enough to deal with.

What you guys seem to want is for Clan weapons to be better in ALL situations, and that just wouldn't be fair.

Gauss? Really? Gauss is a weapon good "in ALL situations" its available for both C and IS. And while its ammo dependent, it generates no heat.

Decreasing beam duration doesnt nessesarily improoves the weapon at short range. It actually gives its the opportunity to be the Long range weapon, while allowing it chances of dealing its full damage that its suppoed to do at long range. It was hard enough to deal with brawlers at its 1.5s.

Why do i say this? Because im from CSJ, group who focused on cERLL usage. And while we all agree that they were OP pre-nerf, once a group managed to get closer we got [redacted] up.

So no, i dont want cERLLs to be viable at Short range, i actually want it to be viable at long range, not uber long range though. Thats why i insists on saying taht the range should've been adressed.

atm

cLPL > IsERLL > cERML > cERLL

Also im ready to fight anyone who thinks cERLL are still viable on any map he likes.

Edited by Egomane, 23 August 2014 - 12:32 AM.
language

#118 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 22 August 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

I dont understand, why PGI says they try to eliminate 1k LR engagement, while not even touching cERLL range, and instead of that, making it situational weapon.

Im comp player, but in pub you dont even know what map you gonna drop into. How can you adapt your build and gamestyle accordingly then?
(snipped for brevity)

CERLL is (and, frankly, was) a situational weapon ... as every weapon should be.

We don't have all the information that PGI does that led to their decision to change the statistics for CERLL, and it is very unlikely that they will share all of the factors that went into that choice.

As you know, in competitive play (and somewhat in PUG play, but to a lesser extent), the winning team is the one that dictates the situation for the engagement, whether that's a long range team kiting or brawlers closing the distance with minimal damage.

If you like, rather than challenge each other to an e-peen waving contest, we're often online at the same times ... I could probably get together a handful of other competitive guys to help you practice and examine tactics and strategies in different situations.

P.S.: when CSJ-A ran a group of CERLL 'mechs in the queue, pre-nerf, you almost always won, partly because you set up a situation that would work, but partly because you could almost always set up that situation ... could it possibly be that it wasn't that your tactics were superior, but that you were using a clearly OP weapon?

#119 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 22 August 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

CERLL is (and, frankly, was) a situational weapon ... as every weapon should be.

We don't have all the information that PGI does that led to their decision to change the statistics for CERLL, and it is very unlikely that they will share all of the factors that went into that choice.

As you know, in competitive play (and somewhat in PUG play, but to a lesser extent), the winning team is the one that dictates the situation for the engagement, whether that's a long range team kiting or brawlers closing the distance with minimal damage.

I know. I dont hope of attracting PGIs attention or anything, im trying to convince people about far more suitable balance number changing. And you are right, the cERLL is situational now. So it was before. Each weapon system however, (except for AC20s UAC 20s maybe) is capable of fighting at least in 2 range levels (SR, MR, LR). IS ERLL is an exeption though, as cERLL used to be. IS ERLL is still capable of performing damage at any range, though it performs miserably at SR. As cERLL used to do.
cERLL as it is now, has no chances (or very little chances at low elo plays) to exchange at MR, SR will get you killed, or you will kill your own with your beam...

If you like, rather than challenge each other to an e-peen waving contest, we're often online at the same times ... I could probably get together a handful of other competitive guys to help you practice and examine tactics and strategies in different situations.

Im always up for a friendly scrim, however im GTM, i think your timezones more corresponds with my Ausie/US clansmen

P.S.: when CSJ-A ran a group of CERLL 'mechs in the queue, pre-nerf, you almost always won, partly because you set up a situation that would work, but partly because you could almost always set up that situation ... could it possibly be that it wasn't that your tactics were superior, but that you were using a clearly OP weapon?

I dont know you tell me. I know it was close but RHOD match vs 228th ended up 3:2 while it was IS only.

SJRs were able to counter it the way the cERLL were always counterable. Even with ERLLs 1s beam duration you cant do much against SR weapons, and close range brawl. Damage capability of the weapon were enormous, so was the range and the heat. Only thing that was right about that weapon (considering its damage, range, heat and weight superiority) was nerfed. Most of the 2 main aspects remained the same.

I never said that our tactics are/were superior, but you should know more than anyone that we can perform ISERLLs with deadly precision as with cERLLs.

You will drop against us soon (228th) i dont doubt that. Maybe you will see, if it was us playing OP weapon, or just us being able to find a (counterable) Long range cohesive gameplay performance. I think we would dominate everything with cLPLs as we used to with cERLLs, maybe not from as-such long range, but still.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 22 August 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#120 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 22 August 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

You will drop against us soon (228th) i dont doubt that. Maybe you will see, if it was us playing OP weapon, or just us being able to find a (counterable) Long range cohesive gameplay performance. I think we would dominate everything with cLPLs as we used to with cERLLs, maybe not from as-such long range, but still.

In my original response, I was thinking more about balancing in the queues, rather than competitive play, since that is where PGI is most concerned about keeping things balanced (and rightly so).

Regretfully, time zones and real life prevent me from participating in most of 228th IBR's competitive matches, but I look forward to seeing the next 228th-CSJ match.

And, yeah, CLPLs are pretty much the "go to" heavy clan energy weapon.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 22 August 2014 - 06:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users