Last Mech Standing ...

9 replies to this topic

#1 Nkaill

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

What do you do when you are the last mech from a stupid team of LEMMINGS with at least 5-9 min left against at least a lance of enemies ?

Just a few minutes back this happened to me at FROZEN CITY NIGHT, with me against a Awesome, a Stalker, a Tunderbolt and a Jenner ...

I decided to hide inside the dropship in the right corner where the mechs from the dropship shield you against enemy fire and they cant kill you with LRM ... of course it didnt take long until the usual DEAD TRAITOR from my team of LEMMINGS told the enemy my position although I was clearly still active and moving my mouse ...

First the light mech peeked inside and decided that it wont dare to fight me inside the dropship ...

Then the Tunderbolt tied to kill me, but retreated before I was able to kill him ...

Then they sent the Stalker into the dropship and I killed it ...

Before they could send the Awesome in to kill me, the game timed out ...

My Centurion with MG & medium lasers survived inside the crashed dropship, killing 1 and crippling another heavier mech :D

PS: Do only moving the legs activate the SEISMIC SENSOR, or is it enough when I just move my mouse and twist my torso to give away my position to a Seismic Sensor ?

Edited by Robin WARD, 23 August 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#2 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

Just legs, I believe.

#3 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

it's movement from what i recall, the vibrations your mech's feet makes when it moves causes the seismic impact that gets pick up. torso twisting won;t set it off because you're standing in the same spot so there's no vibration to be picked up by seismic.

as for what to do when last? well i know 99% of the time no matter what i do i'm going to lose/die so i tend to find whatever enemy mech i can and fight it out because 1) i'm usually in bad shape so not about to turn it around and 2) hiding just wastes everyone's time.

for instance today on HPG our side was up 7-3 but losing on caps so someone made the call to start capping. i make my way out to gamma and somehow during my trip 7-3 became 7-8, then 7-9 as i watched so figured capping is useless at that point and went back to try and kill something- saw theta was still turning so went there (In my BJ-Arrow and now it was 9-11) and found a beat up madcat. we fought, i won but lost a torso so 10-11. went to try and find one of the others before caps ran out and just found a cicada (ok he found me) when they hit 750.

yeah we lost but i managed a kill and if it wasn't conquest, may have been able to get the cicada to tie the match (i think their last was a legged jenner at kappa) which wouldn't have happened if i just ran and hid because "KDR is my precious!"

if a person is trying to fight i have no problem when them trying to be tactical. if they just hide because they don;t want to die then that's what annoys me and many others i'm sure. the problem is the PUGs who can't tell the difference between the two.

in your case you were outgunned and outnumbered so you turned the battlefield into something more your favor (they could only come at you 1 at a time, protected from LRMs, and cover on three sides for other forms of attack). and took one of them out which is sound thinking to me.

#4 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

Battle of thermopole in the dropship LOL!
HOLD HEAD HIGH YOUNG SPARTAN!

Edited by SaltBeef, 24 August 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#5 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

If you are being very cautious and take your time to get the best shot without a chance for enemy retalation while I'm dead but you are actually trying to win then you earnt the right to spend my time, what I won't accept is powering down or generally trying to avoid detection or simply runing away in the faster mech just to survive the game but not win. It just wastes time.

TLDR: If you are actually trying to win it's OK else not.

#6 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

Sorry, but some of those DEAD TRAITOR calls are perfectly reasonable.

I had a game where it was a 1 v 4, but all those 4 had red open CTs, and our last mech, an Arrow, was pretty much showroom new.

It's bad enough he ran off and hid during the last brawl that left those four guys heavily damaged, but then he decides to act like a pansy and run out of bounds and suicide.

#7 xThrottle Geek

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

Reporting the position of a teammate who is NOT disconnected is a violation of the "Terms of Use" and falls under "griefing" regardless of the motivations of the "last man standing". If you suspect someone is still in game and you dont want to wait, you are free to disconnect and play another mech for 1 round. Reporting is ONLY ALLOWED when someone has disconnected. Have fun!

#8 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

I run a 5 tons of SRM payload only light. If I have used all the ammo up I usually have multiple kills and over 600 damage to my name. If I am the last man standing I will usually run out of bounds with a congrats message to the winning team.

I might be denying a kill to the enemy but by running out of bounds at the earliest opportunity it just gets the game ended as quick as possible which in the end is what most players want.

Cheers!
Eboli

#9 Carcass23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

Yes, its a PUG match. Yes, an attempt was made to coordinate the team. Wait... did our only mech with ECM just get killed in the first minute of the game because they made a beeline straight to the enemy? *facepalm* Ok, day isn't over yet. We are in position, we still have strength and a semblance of a plan. This is unusual but welcome. A call is made to push. I push with everything I have, lasers a blazin'! I take an enemy down! I have a team mate backing me up! We power through a second enemy! A third! WAIT!! Where is the rest of the team? I see on the minimap everything BUT a push. Looks like 3 are chasing a squirrel. X.x BOOM! There goes my partner. BOOM! Now I go down. I am now watching the match (its painful) Only three left on our team... wait.. what ARE they doing? One is standing there, shooting a ...corpse... one is just.. wandering around the map, shooting lasers. Ok, that light looks like he might know what he is doing, I'll watch him. Not a scratch on him. Hrm. I see the display mention the other two dying as this guy is.. hiding.. *groans* A rofl stomp, in the first five minutes of the game. Now we get to watch someone scurry around the map, avoiding the enemy at all costs, even though its hopeless. WONDERFUL!

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Pug life.

Edited by Carcass23, 06 September 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#10 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

pug life sucks

that said......I have better "balanced" matches launching solo, than with 2 friends

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users