Solo Chalenges Vs. Group Challenges

3 replies to this topic

#1 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

This latest solo challenge is really turning me off of MWO challenges. This is a game that PGI has ALWAYS touted as a GROUP based tactical game. With the addition of 12 man groups, and the other changes made since clan introduction, it is ESSENTIAL to play as a group in this game to have any success. Yet, we keep having solo challenges.

Solo challenges are incredibly frustrating because my success is not based on the merits of my gameplay alone. My team is a HUGE variable, and it seems that my team lets me down more often than not. For example, my last match in the current challenge saw me do 980 damage, get 4 kills, and 2 assists. My group lost the match 6 to 12. This is not an anomaly in solo matches; I wish it were.

I understand solo challenges when we're vying for a single prize; like the leadership challenge. Challenges like the current one, where there is a potential prize for every player are unaffected by certain groups that may be 'elite'. If a particular group who works really well together streaks through the challenge in a day, who cares? It has no effect on any other person trying to do the challenge.

So, my suggestion. In this team based game, how about creating team based challenges?

#2 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

How is it a solo challenge if 10, 20, or 50 team wins is a requirement? You can't solo win the match.

#3 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

There's still 3 more factions to go, they might make one or more of them into team challenges. When you solo queue you're still with a team, and the team with better teamwork is more likely to win. I simply try to sync drop with my unit mates.

#4 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostLoganauer, on 23 August 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

There's still 3 more factions to go, they might make one or more of them into team challenges. When you solo queue you're still with a team, and the team with better teamwork is more likely to win. I simply try to sync drop with my unit mates.

A group of individuals in no more a team than a herd of cattle walking up the slaughter ramp are a team.

And if you have to exploit the game by sync dropping just to get anywhere, doesn't that right there imply a problem with the challenge?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users