Can You Stop The Practice Pgi?

946 replies to this topic

#1 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Since solo que opened synch dropping has been getting worse daily. This Tournament weekend is the worst and its no secret anymore. I see it being discussed in chat openly including stompteams inviting others to join them in chat.

There is a group que for those who want to be on comms so what gives?

Its not to be with friends because there is an outlet for that so its only for exploiting the system for gain.
Its relatively easy to track players doing this practice so change the loose rules from two years ago and ban the practice then ban the players doing it. We know you can.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Dude I don't see synch dropping at all. I think you are paranoid.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

Paranoid doesn't make wrong though Davers. I am not DISagreeing with you, but I am thinking an open mind is in order. Mud gather evidence, and submit it, let the PTB decide.

#4 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Paranoid doesn't make wrong though Davers. I am not DISagreeing with you, but I am thinking an open mind is in order. Mud gather evidence, and submit it, let the PTB decide.

I would love to see his "evidence" as well. Mud has such a poor opinion of pug players every time they do something right he claims synch drop.

#5 soylentgreenfood

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

This whole attempt to encourage team play in solo q will only last as long as the challenge. PGI should have never made it solo q only. its a clear demonstration of their incompitence. And 50 wins? would have been nice if they announced it soon so i maybe could have planned for it but theres no way ill ever get there in just one weekend (ie i have other things in my life). Im seriously considering never going back to this game bc of of who stupidly they handled this challenge.

#6 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostDavers, on 23 August 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

I would love to see his "evidence" as well. Mud has such a poor opinion of pug players every time they do something right he claims synch drop.

You don't get any. Its not about you.

I addressed PGI in my post being well aware of the tactics on the forum employed by those who participate in this practice themselves. Just like last time I had a bunch of you go on the attack and I was proved right soon after.

#7 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Sync dropping does not exist anymore or I would still be bit*hing about it.

#8 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 23 August 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Sync dropping does not exist anymore or I would still be bit*hing about it.

Sure. Glad your expertise settled this. LOL

#9 MAXrobo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts
  • Locationmiddle of nowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

There are some minor cases this weekend of sync dropping only because the challenge requires you to drop solo. It will go away again once the challenge is over, so its not really anything that needs to be addressed. If anything, just let people drop in group to complete the challenges in the future. Sure that might mean some people will exploit the system to win faster by only dropping with groups, but people are already exploiting the system. At least that way they aren't causing problems for other players.

In short, its a temporary phase that will disappear again along with the win challenge. Don't worry too much about it.

#10 Kutfroat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostDavers, on 23 August 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Dude I don't see synch dropping at all. I think you are paranoid.

no he is not. just was in a game where it was discussed in chat and invites given out to join. syncdropping should not be possible, defeats the whole purpose of a soloqueue.

#11 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

Sync dropping doesn't work half as good as people seem to think it does. I used to do it with my old corp and more often than not half our sync ended up on the other team which meant that any advantage we had, the other team had as well. Hell we couldn't even use coms unless we dropped to another channel because of the cross chatter.

#12 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

AND THE AIMBOTS!!!! OMG!!! TEH AIMBOTS THEY ARE KILLING US!!1243THREE

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostKutfroat, on 23 August 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

no he is not. just was in a game where it was discussed in chat and invites given out to join. syncdropping should not be possible, defeats the whole purpose of a soloqueue.

How do you stop 8-12 players from using comms to time a launch? Be realistic here, Since PGI has no coms, and 3rd party comm servers cannot be monitored how do you propose they investigate this?

#14 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

If people that play together try to complete the challenge it is unavoidable that they end up in the same games and sometimes on the same team.

#15 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

I like sinc dropping

#16 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

It happens and its easy because i sat in on it myself. most often the drop goes more than well and most often the five man I was watching all ended up in lance order not on the other team.

Instead of alerting everyone to your inclination by shooting straight denials just instead discuss whether the practice if it exists or not should be banned along with those practicing it.

We went through the whole no one is synch dropping last year too. Multiple threads with the same guys coming back to say it never happens or is too difficult.

Of course when the Steiners started synch drop Fridays here on the forums that kind of made fools of the lot.

They never learn it seems.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

How do you stop 8-12 players from using comms to time a launch? Be realistic here, Since PGI has no coms, and 3rd party comm servers cannot be monitored how do you propose they investigate this?

Was explained to me a simple algorithm will see who and how many times they drop together or hit launch at the same time. Its actually very easy to do.. In solo que it becomes very easy

Edited by Mudhutwarrior, 23 August 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Was explained to me a simple algorithm will see who and how many times they drop together or hit launch at the same time. Its actually very easy to do.. In solo que it becomes very easy
Oh... Then PGI will not look into it. If its easy its beyond PGI.
:lol: :ph34r: ^_^

#18 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

Oh... Then PGI will not look into it. If its easy its beyond PGI.
:lol: :ph34r: ^_^

LOL Joe.

#19 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Since solo que opened synch dropping has been getting worse daily. This Tournament weekend is the worst and its no secret anymore. I see it being discussed in chat openly including stompteams inviting others to join them in chat.

There is a group que for those who want to be on comms so what gives?

Its not to be with friends because there is an outlet for that so its only for exploiting the system for gain.
Its relatively easy to track players doing this practice so change the loose rules from two years ago and ban the practice then ban the players doing it. We know you can.

Erm, I've ended up with several people on the same team several times over the past day. It's not because we're synch dropping. It's because we happen to be dropping straight after finishing our games. We can also end up on different teams.. this thing happens regularly in the solo queue, tournament, challenge or not..

#20 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

If you have a concern, report it. It's not that hard to put together people syncdropping, they can see when people launch. Same with suicide farmers or anything else.

Form posts on it are not a cry for a solution; that's a cry for attention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users