• Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Sure. Glad your expertise settled this. LOL

I was thinking the same thing about you. DO you EVER post ANYthing other than "group players ruin my game"

Seriously
Ever?
As Joe said, provide some evidence instead of your "expertise analysis"

View PostNick86, on 23 August 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Erm, I've ended up with several people on the same team several times over the past day. It's not because we're synch dropping. It's because we happen to be dropping straight after finishing our games. We can also end up on different teams.. this thing happens regularly in the solo queue, tournament, challenge or not..

no no, according to Mud if you wear the same faction badge and use teamwork you're a group player sync dropping. (Don't believe me? Feel free to check his post history)

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

If you have a concern, report it. It's not that hard to put together people syncdropping, they can see when people launch. Same with suicide farmers or anything else.

Form posts on it are not a cry for a solution; that's a cry for attention.

ding ding ding

#22 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

I was thinking the same thing about you. DO you EVER post ANYthing other than "group players ruin my game"

Seriously
Ever?
As Joe said, provide some evidence instead of your "expertise analysis"

He needs to provide that evidence to PGI not to you or I. We have our own opinions and with that can ignore what we don't want to see. I am not saying he is right or wrong, just that he has to prove it to the makers not me and you. ^_^

#23 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

I tried 6 people all on skirmish, all hit launch at the same time, and only 2 of us got into the same match, and we were against each other.

People are paranoid...

#24 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

He needs to provide that evidence to PGI not to you or I. We have our own opinions and with that can ignore what we don't want to see. I am not saying he is right or wrong, just that he has to prove it to the makers not me and you. ^_^

Which is why posting it on the forums is representative of what is being done. This isn't someone with a legit issue; this is someone with BAD FEELZ who is looking for two things:

1. Positive reinforcement, confirmation bias. People to bob their heads with them and say 'uh-huh! Uh-huh! Me too! I agree, so we are both correct!' This is normally indicative of someone hot having any evidence to back their concerns.

2. Negative reinforcement. Having someone to argue against lets you argue via logical fallacies and not have to actually, again, prove anything. It lets you attack people and concepts not present an argument or prove a point.

#25 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

You don't get any. Its not about you.

so much for evidence, we'll just take his "expert opinion" on it

#26 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

you know as well as I do that he's spent 2 years attacking, degrading, etc. groups and players who drop in groups. This thread is nothing more than yet another (in a very long list of posts and threads) to do that exact same thing
again

#27 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

If you have a concern, report it. It's not that hard to put together people syncdropping, they can see when people launch. Same with suicide farmers or anything else.

Form posts on it are not a cry for a solution; that's a cry for attention.

Actually support suggested I make a topic here. If Its ok with PGI I have no problem posting it. They are more aware of the issue than some would like us to believe.

#28 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

I would encourage this, especially if they are on VOIP but it would be difficult since faction is not taken into account so you can be on the same side or not. I could see some attempt to do this and if a bunch end up on either side, one group moves to another channel until the battle is over with.

We do not know the details on how CW will implement faction fighting but I can see where the Houses/Clans will have VOIP setup and people move around based on who dropped with them.

Until the battlechat receives some TLC and become more flexible to use during battle. Will I allow my shorts to get all twisted up cause the other side had several people on TS in the same channel? No. Get a clue.

And with one of the previous posters, if you exit one drop and go right back into another, I have seen and dropped with several others and we are not on VOIP. What is nice about it that with many ya get more sync'd in your movement/actions. For those in VOIP it allows this to come together more quickly more often than not so that if TS goes down it becomes a minor issue, not something that will kill them at the snap of onces figures.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 August 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#29 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

His "evidence" is always "I saw PUGs working together and using teamwork" According to him PUGs are the worst of the worst and simply can't use teamwork. Anyone using some teamwork and coordination is a group or group player sync dropping.

#30 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

I do find it funny the same guys saying the same things last year are all here on this thread.

You were wrong about synch dropping then so what makes you think you are right this time?

#31 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

you know as well as I do that he's spent 2 years attacking, degrading, etc. groups and players who drop in groups. This thread is nothing more than yet another (in a very long list of posts and threads) to do that exact same thing
again

Yes he does, and he IS entitled to give his opinion on this forum, no matter how strongly we disagree. He gets to say his piece, we get to counter him (the more civil the better) and PGI gets to say if he is right or wrong. I do have to admit i have seen some really good coordination in some of my PUG matches, Unlike Mud I have no problem losing to a Sync dropped team. It is a team oriented game so the better team should win. End of discussion.

#32 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

His "evidence" is always "I saw PUGs working together and using teamwork" According to him PUGs are the worst of the worst and simply can't use teamwork. Anyone using some teamwork and coordination is a group or group player sync dropping.

You should learn to read some. What statement of mine on this thread says any such thing. Your a bad propagandist when so easily called out in a lie.

#33 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

I do find it funny the same guys saying the same things last year are all here on this thread.

You were wrong about synch dropping then so what makes you think you are right this time?

Do you have a link to support this statement Mud? I don't remember reading anything about it. Not calling you out, my memory ain't what it used to be. ^_^

#34 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

I find it funny that it's the same guy posting the same thing last year even though PGI gave you, and those like you, EXACTLY what you asked for in a separate queue.

#35 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Do you have a link to support this statement Mud? I don't remember reading anything about it. Not calling you out, my memory ain't what it used to be. ^_^

sure, its what buried the usual suspects last time

http://mwomercs.com/...ity-sync-drops/

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

I find it funny that it's the same guy posting the same thing last year even though PGI gave you, and those like you, EXACTLY what you asked for in a separate queue.

Different case Sherlock. Try again.

#36 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yes he does, and he IS entitled to give his opinion on this forum, no matter how strongly we disagree. He gets to say his piece, we get to counter him (the more civil the better) and PGI gets to say if he is right or wrong. I do have to admit i have seen some really good coordination in some of my PUG matches, Unlike Mud I have no problem losing to a Sync dropped team. It is a team oriented game so the better team should win. End of discussion.

I agree wholeheartedly
except that's the ONLY thing he ever posts
he reposts the exact same thing every time
offers nothing constructive
offers no solutions
offers no proof, support, or evidence
and tries to pawn his opinion off as fact just to further his rhetoric. He has ZERO credibility (his own fault) and offers NOTHING constructive.

[

Edited by Sandpit, 23 August 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#37 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

I agree wholeheartedly
except that's the ONLY thing he ever posts
he reposts the exact same thing every time
offers nothing constructive
offers no solutions
offers no proof, support, or evidence
and tries to pawn his opinion off as fact just to further his rhetoric. He has ZERO credibility (his own fault) and offers NOTHING constructive.

LOL, Like you monitor my every post? Probally I have several mariks check my profile soon after I posted this. If your the hammer you should really find a nail. ^_^

#38 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Then his "evidence" is nearly a year old post about a unit that was running an event for its members to sync drop and play against one another.

#39 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

What this process Sandpit is engaging in now is "baiting"

He hopes he will find a flaw to report and shut the thread down. Show of hands for those who have experienced this K-town phenomenon.

Should extend the tread twenty pages at least. ^_^

View PostSandpit, on 23 August 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

Then his "evidence" is nearly a year old post about a unit that was running an event for its members to sync drop and play against one another.

Not evidence it was requested by Joe. Try again, your failing horribly.

#40 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

Much as I agree with Sandpits views on Muds postings, Ive seen 3-4 accidental sync drops in the last couple days, though this is, like one person in my list, out of around 10 online..... (Accidental meaning I see someone in game, thats on my friends list, that I havent even conversed with. ) so his complaint may have some merit.

But what, realistically, can be done about it? Block people who are friends from being dropped together? Dont friend each other! Keep track of people dropping at the same time? Switch up drop groups! How much work would need to be done, vs how bad is the sync dropping really?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users