#41 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 25 August 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

Unit Tags must be between 1 and 4 Characters long.

That keeps being said.

However, Unit Tags must be between 0 and 5 characters long. Or, Unit Tags must be 1 to 4 characters long.

Sorry to be pedantic, but the programmer in me has noticed this same error repeated in several different comms now, so I thought it may be time to correct it.

Edited by Appogee, 26 August 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#42 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

So, pardon me if I've missed this, I have tried to find it, but are the unit tags that we requested in the pre-reg thread "reserved" or do we have to scramble to get the desired tag? Thanks.

(Also, nice job on this, Niko)

#43 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 26 August 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

So, pardon me if I've missed this, I have tried to find it, but are the unit tags that we requested in the pre-reg thread "reserved" or do we have to scramble to get the desired tag? Thanks.

(Also, nice job on this, Niko)

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 25 August 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

Here we go! I have removed all additional info from this except the post number on the Pre-Registration thread, the Pilot name of the owner of the unit, and the name and tag provided.

https://docs.google....vEcxNLJx9c/edit

If you see a red highlight, it indicates the Name or Tag provided was removed due to the rules of unit names and tags as mentioned above. If you are the owner of one of those units, I ask that you reply to my message or send me one to get it adjusted before tomorrow morning.

#44 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Thanks, OR. The ONE post of Niko's I didn't read every word of. <facepalm>

#45 RiceCop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

So based on the spreadsheet, Clan Nova Cat Alpha Galaxy has been red-flagged?

#46 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

* Uniqueness is great
* Not allowing well known tags makes kind of sense if you plan to do something with it

#47 John Archer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

I could not find the post where it stated when pre registration was over.

Can I still add a unit to the pre registration? If not, when can I add my unit? I was offline, in the hospital and missed a lot of the past month's postings, etc.

Niko? Can you help me with this? (Clarification, if pre-reg is locked/closed when can I register my unit?)

#48 ski2060

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

So, I noticed a problem with the new Unit Creation system. My Unit (Murphy's Law) was supposed to be pre-registered on your list by Player: Doc Bach, using the name Murphy's Law and Tag : ML
Today, that Unit was not showing up, and I was able to register that unit name and tag after patching into the game.

Have you been having any problems with pre-registered units being wiped from the live database for units?

#49 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

Its all really cool, however ...

Before you said that unit tags WON'T be unique, now you make it different. I guess it also was 'your position at the time' as always, but ...

First, the unit registry topic came up at 3am MSK time, not exactly very convenient don't you think to 'beat others to it' and register the unit tag before others, especially considering we were told it wouldn't be unique. There was no advanced warning regarding the upcoming unit registry either.

Second, I believe that in disputable situations unit tags should go to units that are already well known in competitive MWO environment. There are leagues such as RHoD and MRBC running for years now, without any support from PGI and I suggest you guys respect units taking part in those and allow them to take the tags they are known for.

The dispute in question I'd like to bring up is for the BSMC tag. BSMC always stood for Black Spikes Mercenary Corporation, team that was among the top competitive units in MWO for 1.5 years now, won both latest RHoD and top division of MRBC EU leagues and is currently ranked first among european teams.

HoweverBlack Sheep Merc Corps has registered the BSMC tag earlier due to the fact that their leader was a founder unlike the Black Spikes unit leader, who was invited and played in closed beta even tho he didn't purchase the founders package.

Now with all due respect to the Black Sheep MC, they are not nearly as well known by other MWO players and as established in leagues and such as Black Spikes MC. So, understanding the reasoning behind making unit tags unique I suggest you think over how you deal with disputes like this, because 'they registered it first' is hardly an appropriate reason for choosing one unit over the other. Taking part in PGI tournament (which Black Sheep MC did and Black Spikes MC didn't) also can't be the reason, as the tournament matches were run during limited time periods each day, periods that happened to be 3am-7am for most of the Black Spikes unit members.

I will also appreciate if all unit leaders who know the BSMC guys support me over here.

On behalf of skatenok, the Black Spikes Merc Corps unit leader,
Black Spikes MRBC EU Team-2 drop commander,
PhoenixFire55.
Cheers.

#50 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 26 August 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Before you said that unit tags WON'T be unique, now you make it different. I guess it also was 'your position at the time' as always, but ...

First, the unit registry topic came up at 3am MSK time, not exactly very convenient don't you think to 'beat others to it' and register the unit tag before others, especially considering we were told it wouldn't be unique. There was no advanced warning regarding the upcoming unit registry either.

Second, I believe that in disputable situations unit tags should go to units that are already well known in competitive MWO environment. There are leagues such as RHoD and MRBC running for years now, without any support from PGI and I suggest you guys respect units taking part in those and allow them to take the tags they are known for.

The dispute in question I'd like to bring up is for the BSMC tag. BSMC always stood for Black Spikes Mercenary Corporation, team that was among the top competitive units in MWO for 1.5 years now, won both latest RHoD and top division of MRBC EU leagues and is currently ranked first among european teams.

HoweverBlack Sheep Merc Corps has registered the BSMC tag earlier due to the fact that their leader was a founder unlike the Black Spikes unit leader, who was invited and played in closed beta even tho he didn't purchase the founders package.

Now with all due respect to the Black Sheep MC, they are not nearly as well known by other MWO players and as established in leagues and such as Black Spikes MC. So, understanding the reasoning behind making unit tags unique I suggest you think over how you deal with disputes like this, because 'they registered it first' is hardly an appropriate reason for choosing one unit over the other. Taking part in PGI tournament (which Black Sheep MC did and Black Spikes MC didn't) also can't be the reason, as the tournament matches were run during limited time periods each day, periods that happened to be 3am-7am for most of the Black Spikes unit members.

I will also appreciate if all unit leaders who know the BSMC guys support me over here.

PhoenixFire55.
Cheers.

As part of the House of Lords, I support this post.

Black Spikes Merc Corps is an old team and quite well known, and are also the top Euro competitive team. They've always used the tag 'BSMC' for their league registrations and general postings, and have been active in all major tournaments. No disrespect to Black Sheep, but I've honestly never heard of them and they, as far as I know, have never participated in the major competitive leagues like Run Hot or Die.

Tags in the case of popular, established, and competitive successful units should not be first come first served especially when we're dealing with a game that has a single server for the entire world. BSMC is GMT+4, which is far removed from the GMT-8 that PGI operates in. It's not reasonable for their members to grab a unit tag with such sudden notice.

#51 MangoBogadog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 377 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

PhoenixFire55.
Cheers.

Wait... BSMC is not BSMC? :) Who have we been trying to beat for the last year then?

http://antaresscorpi...ek-5-as-v-bsmc/

Seriously though, Black Spikes Merc Corp have been known as BSMC in RHoD and MRBC for quite some time now. They really should be wearing their own TAG.

Edited by MangoBogadog, 26 August 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#52 kaffeangst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

It is unfair to the best European competitive unit (Black Spikes Merc Corps) to assign their tag to another, based on a first-come, first-serve methodology. When registration guidelines were first posted, it was stated that tags weren't unique. As it stands now, Black Sheep Merc Corps has "won" the tag based upon the fact they signed up immediately after registration began - Founder benefit.

If someone had registered a unit with the tag [SJR] before Steel Jaguar, you'd require them to change. Why should it be different for Black Spikes? It shouldn't be. BSMC, as in Black Spikes Merc Corps, is one of the best groups in the entire game: North America, Europe, World. Show them some respect.

If necessary, Black Spikes is willing to 12v12 for the tag-rights.

#53 Igor Kozyrev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

View Postkaffeangst, on 26 August 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

If necessary, Black Spikes is willing to 12v12 for the tag-rights.

That would be a fair way to solve the problem. I wonder if representatives of the mentioned units answer your demand.

#54 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

I'm probably only going to state this once, and once only because I don't speak for the leadership.. I simply know what I'm told.

I'm from Black Sheep Merc Corp, and you "might" have remembered us in that actual beta team tourney that the Lords won.

The only backstory to the "initials" was that there was another group called BlackStar Mercs. AFAIK they are defunct or merged with another group. They used to have the tags BSM... which we had originally wanted. So, to negotiate with them, we changed the tags to BSMC.

However, we were not aware of this European group. Sorry, there's no real "official" list/directory unless it's buried under some thread and/or not sticked. So I can't say that this was intentional. It is what it is.

If that's not a problem with the Black Spikes group, I think this is the most amenable arrangement that at least I can think of barring that BSM is not taken up by anyone else. If we can have BSM, you may have BSMC. I hope this may suffice.

Let me repeat... this was not intentional, and other circumstances caused this to happen. I don't speak for the leadership, but we can hopefully negotiate something fair for both sides.

Also, I have already listed suggestion within this particular thread about this hot topic, so please read them and see if that would be something worth working for.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 August 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#55 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

The last 4-5 posts prove why its a first come first serve system
Also proves why unique tags are important

#56 The King in the North

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 778 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinskaya obl., Ozersk

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

Your tags i claim them

GG CLOSE.

#57 Splitpin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNoo Zeelund

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

PhoenixFire55.
Cheers.

Hail Black Spikes
As Deathlike has said above, we won't be unreasonable in working this out.
I'll PM Niko and see if we can have BSM which would be acceptable and allow you BSMC.
I would point out though that we 'won' the tag based not only on being first in the pre-registrations but also being first in the original recruiting thread.

Splitpin

#58 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

looks like my unit checks out fine,

now i move onto my next concern about merc units, and that would be decals and logos. we have not heard anything about this since back when the highlander was going to be released and if i recall correctly decals were supposed to come out 2 weeks after the highlander patch

and then the whole thing disappeared and we never heard about it again.

so to me being able to use MY logo for customization, and being one of a kind. this is paramount to me about the creation of my unit and i can't stress that enough. and i'm sure others with custom logos as well feel the same way. (Deaths Hand Brigade, Windborne Highlanders, Black Hand, Gun Fighters of Marik, Aces Wild.... just to name a few of the really awesome logos that i have seen on the forums and that i personally want to see on the mechs along with the game tag,

because even though it can be a super touchy thing with stuff possibly being offensive or obscene. Do you guys plan to be a pre registering of logos whenever decals and logos are implemented like what you did for unit names?

because i feel that this would be the most fair way to us founders (and others) that do want to use custom art on the mechs to help ID it before the feature is put into the game

Edited by Dan the Ice Man, 26 August 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#59 Eagle Falconhawk

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

Cheers to Black Sheep for being very cool about the overlap - really awesome of you guys. Had to figure there would be a couple situations like this to iron out. Hopefully BSM is open and this particular situation can be crossed off the list.

#60 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

Okay, as best I can tell, I can't name anything "brigade" because it's a filtered word. Is there a list of filtered words somewhere? I'll call my team the "Daisy Crumpets," but I'd rather have something, you know, cooler sounding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users