Medium Mech Jocks: What Are Your Top 5 Favorite Rides, And Why?

BattleMechs

166 replies to this topic

#161 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

I want a Shadowhawk hero that has a ballistic in each torso. I would twin AC10 it and paint it red like a Guncannon from Mobile Suit Gundam. Lol.

#162 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 29 August 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

I want a Shadowhawk hero that has a ballistic in each torso. I would twin AC10 it and paint it red like a Guncannon from Mobile Suit Gundam. Lol.

piloting that would be like driving blind.

#163 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

CN9-A: I'm surprised this build wasn't mentioned in the first few pages. This thing is just beautiful...

TBT-7K: I love this mech, great mobility, nice punch. You could trade off some speed for ammo if you aren't comfortable with the only 3 tons of ammo.

SHD-2H: You're average ho hum meta hawk.

SHD-2K: A nice little skirmisher, a little more utility than the CN9, however not as durable.

HBK-4SP: Nothing special here, just a nice mobile hunchback capable of some nice damage ;)

Honorable Mention:

TBT-7M

Edited by Saxie, 30 August 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#164 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 30 August 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

piloting that would be like driving blind.

Yes. yes it would, but I would make it work ;)

#165 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 29 August 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

My own idea would be ~3 energy in the left torso and ~3 ballistics in the right torso. It would be better at mid-long range fire supporting than the C-Bill Shads, but its lack of missiles would make it less effective at shorter ranged brawling/striking (SRMs). It also wouldn't be able to use Lurms, for what that's worth. Maybe we could even remove its access to JJs if necessary to "balance" it.

#166 Gryphon187

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

Not many people have mentioned the Griffin. Specifically the 3M version. My 3M build, with 1ERLL, LRM15, SRM6 and 1MPLS laser, and a 245XL engine can handle most situations that come up. It took me quite a while to come up with this combo of weapons, but it works for me. I play the Griffin like it is supposed to be played (IMO): a second line fire support 'mech. This is where I have the most fun. I have tried other medium builds, but none have brought me the satisfaction that I have with the Griffin (although the Shadowhawk does have its merits and is on my "next Battlemech to buy" list).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users