87 replies to this topic

#21 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

Alright, here's a pretty big problem or two...

1) I have NO COLORS for the map. I get the planet colors and names just fine, but I do not get the map background, just a poorly done matte mask or, sometimes, especially if I've switched to other portions of the interface, and then back, I'll get colors from those other interfaces. I HAVE to run on low settings, for the time being, and I think that's what's causing the problem.

2) I deleted all of the existing/default ranks but the very top one, which I edited, and then I went through and put in the ranks as I want them -they're fine, thank you-, except that, once I save all of my ranks, go to a different part of the interface, or out of it, and come back to Rank Management, all ranks -counting from the top- from the 26th down, are now non-editable, anymore. Repeat, I cannot edit ranks from 26 or further down, period.

Is this going to be fixed?

This was fixed, and I posted about it further along in this thread. Thank you, PGI. The map colors are still a problem, but I can see the planet colors and names, just not the background. My computer is sub-standard, able to run the game well-enough, but I still believe I should be able to see the background image, as it should not tax my resources enough that the background image to the map fails to show.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 27 August 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#22 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

View Postbane, on 26 August 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Calamus, what are the settings on your rank?

'assign ranks' is checked off. I can only assume that this is the setting that is needed?

#23 BlackPhoenix01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hot fix didnt fix our unit creation issues. Had a member try to make the pre-registered Aces Wild underh is name and it let him but then stripped him of it in the hot fix. Now when I try to do it (I am the one who pre-registered) it says "Unable to create unit. An error has occurred."

6:45PM EST

#24 r3dh3adkid

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

My unit did not get created during the patch and I am unable to create the unit ingame.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3637436

#25 Khavi Vetali

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 277 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

Logging in after the patch as the account that pre-registered our unit--I am not sure if the unit is supposed to already be created on my account or if I still am required to create it.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3637343

Attempting to create the unit with the exact name and tags that it was preregistered under yields a "Unable to create the unit. An error occurred" message. If another person in my unit attempts to create it the error that the unit already exists pops up.

One of our members logged in right after the patch and created the unit, which to my understanding was not supposed to be possible. This was later what the first hotfix went in to correct. That member had the unit removed after the hotfix went through and no longer is a member of it. Perhaps this is also causing the issue of myself not being able to create the unit, or not having it pre-setup on my account.

Are we going to need another hotfix to resolve this?

Edited by Khavi Vetali, 26 August 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#26 BlackPhoenix01

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostKhavi Vetali, on 26 August 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Logging in after the patch as the account that pre-registered or unit--I am not sure if the unit is supposed to already be created on my account or if I still am required to create it.

Attempting to create the unit with the exact name and tags that it was preregistered under yields a "Unable to create the unit. An error occurred" message. If another person in my unit attempts to create it the error that the unit already exists pops up.

One of our members logged in right after the patch and created the unit, which to my understanding was not supposed to be possible. This was later what the first hotfix went in to correct. That member had the unit removed after the hotfix went through and no longer is a member of it. Perhaps this is also causing the issue of myself not being able to create the unit, or not having it pre-setup on my account.

Are we going to need another hotfix to resolve this?

I have this exact issue.

Edited by BlackPhoenix01, 26 August 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#27 r3dh3adkid

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

I have the exact issue as the two above

#28 Moku

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

I don't see my pre-registered unit in my account.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3637736

#29 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

So is unit affliation (example [DHB] or [CROW]) still visable to the OPFOR... making the guess I'm most likely facing a pre-made easier spot even with the scrambled names and house affiliations to prevent you from knowing your about to be rolled. :)

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 26 August 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#30 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Minor issue to those above but potentially a longer term PIA

On the member management screen members are displayed as they join up. Can we get a filter that orders them by rank and then alphabetically. Once I get 150 members loaded randomly finding an individual will become painful fast.

Thanks

#31 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'll second that, Colonel Slide. That's something I had noticed, but I forgot to write it down before I posted my earlier complaint.

#32 MagicM0E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

I'll third that. We don't have 150 pilots to organise but it would still be nice to have.

#33 BlackPhoenix01

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostBlackPhoenix01, on 26 August 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

I have this exact issue.

To continue the issue - my AW tags now show up but I have no unit option but "Create Unit" under the faction tab and still get same issue when trying to create the already half made unit lol.

Edit: The AW tags show up in the private lobby but not in game.

Edited by BlackPhoenix01, 26 August 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#34 Ellen Ripley

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationLV-426

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Somthing to be aware of:
New members automatically get assigned the rank that is sorted at the bottom of the rank list in the "Rank Management" menu.

Since at the moment it is not possible to change the order of the rank list -meaning the rank created last will always be at the bottom of the list for now- unit leaders should make sure to not give the last created rank critical rights/permissions, such as "kick members" or "assign ranks" to avoid problems that possibly might result out of this (of course not necessary if you run a unit consisting of RL friends or other people you trust/know well enough :) ).

edit: as slide has pointed out, you actually can reorder the rank list via drag and drop. My bad, was too sleepy I guess.

Edited by Ellen Ripley, 26 August 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#35 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

You can reorder ranks by clicking and holding for a second and then dragging where you want to go.

Also I created a "new member" rank at the bottom with no permissions as a holding place for newly signed up (and a reminder to me that someone new is here) members with out messing up our lowest rank with people who may not hold that rank.

#36 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

So is unit affliation (example [DHB] or [CROW]) still visable to the OPFOR... making the guess I'm most likely facing a pre-made easier spot even with the scrambled names and house affiliations to prevent you from knowing your about to be rolled. :)

Irrelevant as members of a unit are all forced to have the same affiliation.

That aside, I made my unit but friends didn't want to be forced over to my faction so I disbanded and tried to recreate the unit as a Merc-Corp but now I get the error that a Unit with that name already exists. So I add a "The" to the front of my unit name but I get "an error has occurred" which I can only assume is because the unit tag is "already in use". I distinctly remember reading that unit NAMES had to be unique but nothing about tags until this patch. With only 31 characters to choose from (Capital and lowercase letters are not considered different, I tried) we will run out of possible combinations really fast, especially if the tags of disbanded units can't be reused. Come on guys, get it together.

#37 Ellen Ripley

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationLV-426

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

View Postslide, on 26 August 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

You can reorder ranks by clicking and holding for a second and then dragging where you want to go.

Also I created a "new member" rank at the bottom with no permissions as a holding place for newly signed up (and a reminder to me that someone new is here) members with out messing up our lowest rank with people who may not hold that rank.

Ye, completely missed that - thanks for the info.
Should probably not have tried to get along with the UI this late at night xD

#38 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Found out that "Clan Loyalist" was a new option for faction tag and have transitioned to it.

In game however, our unit tag has not made the switch. Relogged in several times to check it but not happening.

#39 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

We are unable to adjust ranks after setting ranks for 20 members we can not select others to set the ranks.

#40 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Same issue...

[color=#959595]Found out that "Clan Loyalist" was a new option for faction tag and have transitioned to it.[/color]

[color=#959595]In game however, our unit tag has not made the switch. Relogged in several times to check it but not happening. [/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users