87 replies to this topic

#81 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Like many others, still can't make the unit. Still no word on when I will be able to. Got form-lettered by support on my ticket, which was fun.

Also, your text labels have tab-indexes on the unit creation page. Might want to fix that.

#82 Lilamma

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 10 posts
  • Locationbris

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

its almost impossible because theres no ingame chat lobby to form up. if we had a liao chat lobby (im liao) base chat lobby and wat not it would be good. ones with self moderation or some thing if u dont like it dont be in the lobby kinda gig. then we can form up from a lance via the chat program thing...and we can be SOCIAL... atm i cant find a lance... it sucks.

and i just realize that the term unit is the stupid player made unit not a lance ..derp.

ALL the same though u need to be able to have a lobby for the units to fill up. and work.

Edited by Lilammaa, 06 September 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#83 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

First it says the Name is allready taken, then it says an error occured.

Edit:

so.. if i put the unit name translated to german it works... WAT?!

editedit: Great, no we have a completly different unit name. IGP is not to blame, right? :P

Edited by Elder Thorn, 10 September 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#84 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:07 AM

Taking Unit Creation to the next level.

Judging from the Dev Blogs, it seems as if PGI is determined that the Unit feature be a lot more than just "Easy Friends List Creator"

Before I enter my main suggestion I would like to start with a smaller, simpler one. Could we get a different color of flashing light for the different types of in-game notification? I've missed group invites, private messages, and guild announcements because the light just flashes pretty constant. We have a decently sized guild, but even in a smaller unit, the light starts flashing constantly once you log in, which is triggered by the MOTD.
I would add to this one thing: Once you've read the MOTD once, you should not receive any more notifications about it until there is as new MOTD.

Now, onto my MAIN suggestion. Something to help take unit creation that next step just a bit sooner. Please allow all options to be unlocked for private match-making - even if nobody has premium time - for matching-making involving only members of the same unit. This would allow us to create controlled practice environments, as well as making it easier to set up Role-Playing type drops.
I've especially noted how problematic it can be when you are trying to train someone that is entirely new to the game. Currently, they either have to purchase Premium time for a game they may not have fallen in love with, or you need to find a third person to participate that has premium time (This assumes that the instructor does have P-Time) OR, you are at the mercy of training them in a PUG drop.

My thoughts on the matter. Thank you for consideration!

~~The Shredder

#85 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

View PostThe Shredder, on 21 September 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Taking Unit Creation to the next level.

Judging from the Dev Blogs, it seems as if PGI is determined that the Unit feature be a lot more than just "Easy Friends List Creator"

Before I enter my main suggestion I would like to start with a smaller, simpler one. Could we get a different color of flashing light for the different types of in-game notification? I've missed group invites, private messages, and guild announcements because the light just flashes pretty constant. We have a decently sized guild, but even in a smaller unit, the light starts flashing constantly once you log in, which is triggered by the MOTD.
I would add to this one thing: Once you've read the MOTD once, you should not receive any more notifications about it until there is as new MOTD.

Now, onto my MAIN suggestion. Something to help take unit creation that next step just a bit sooner. Please allow all options to be unlocked for private match-making - even if nobody has premium time - for matching-making involving only members of the same unit. This would allow us to create controlled practice environments, as well as making it easier to set up Role-Playing type drops.
I've especially noted how problematic it can be when you are trying to train someone that is entirely new to the game. Currently, they either have to purchase Premium time for a game they may not have fallen in love with, or you need to find a third person to participate that has premium time (This assumes that the instructor does have P-Time) OR, you are at the mercy of training them in a PUG drop.

My thoughts on the matter. Thank you for consideration!

~~The Shredder

This.

The in chat flashing every time someone logs in or out is ridiculous. Just restrict it to when someone actually posts a message or when you receive an invite.

I agree it is very poor that you can't unlock the setting on a private match without bot sides having premium time. I would be fine with this if you said only if the lobby leader has premium time.

#86 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

Still waiting fot the guy commanding the unit database to do something about the error. Two months gone by.

#87 M a y h e m

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts
  • LocationGMT -8:00 - Vancouver B.C.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

Please give unit commanders ability to reverse individual transactions.

#88 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostCaballo, on 11 October 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

Still waiting fot the guy commanding the unit database to do something about the error. Two months gone by.

Same.

Doc created an "ML" group/tag as soon as it came online, then got an error, opened a ticket and we have no further progress in trying to set it up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users