Patch 1.3.321 Is Live!

46 replies to this topic

#41 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 27 August 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

If you got to the Plan it is 75% done towards CW.

View PostDV McKenna, on 27 August 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

If what we have Team creation, and a map are 75% of CW you should be worried.

I think you are misinterpreting how the percentage is achieved and that combines with the failiure of the objectivity of "The Plan".

First because...
...the 75% are calculated automatically based on the percentage of it's children and it does not reflect the weight that each sub-item have.
Example: if I have two child items: "hard work" and "easy work", if "easy work" is all done (100%), the main item shows 50%, providing an incorrect sense of completion (because the hard work is left to be done).

And second because....
...they keep adding new items as a phase is completed. So the 75% may, in fact, jump to a lower number soon when other tasks are added. It does not reflect the whole CW.

And that's why "The Plan" should not have percentages shown in that way and maybe it shouldn't have percentages at all as it leads to wrong conclusions and easy bashing.

#42 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

While the existing weapon modules look and may work better, I am still put off by the cost on millions of C-Bills. There is no way I could get enough of these to fill all those new Weapon Module Slots.

Its Ninja Invite time! If you do not know what that is, a player created group will look at people playing and send them an invite through game features without warning.
I first encountered this in LotRO, some guilds/teams will talk to you through mail, forums or chat before sending you an invite, this is one quality & sign of a good team.
Then there are the Ninja Inviters. These usually wait outside the starter areas for players who just finished their tutorials and will spam their invites intentionally to just anyone. Either due to poor manners, shameless attempts to reach minimum number of team members or attempts to keep their team active because team members left the game leaving them with a guild with few active people, the Ninja Invites do this intentionally.
Here we have no 'safe zone' for new people to learn in so the Ninja Inviters may get them new players early.
Thankfully I am a loner.

#43 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

so when is the auto decline option being added for all the ghost invites to further detract from enjoyment, to go with the lag and the teleporting

CW will be here when the map works

#44 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostCuddlytron, on 26 August 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

So who noticed this little gem?

Weapon modules are actually worth taking now?

Rank 5 Clan ERML Module + MKV Targeting Computer = 508m range on CERML with no penalty...

Well.. MKV are 5 tons that you can not use for HS, that's a penality for a laser based mech.

#45 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

I am confused. Did not the first report say that we would begin with faction play? Hmm? When will true
factions and subunits be done? What do non clan or Merc units do while we wait? Just some thoughts
from a loyal faction follower.

#46 Cuddlytron

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRichland, WA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostBoyka, on 27 August 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Well.. MKV are 5 tons that you can not use for HS, that's a penality for a laser based mech.

Yeah, that's true in almost every case. I suppose I should specify that I'm referring specifically to this little CERML Troll build, where you've got more extra tonnage than crit slots, where it's either 5 tons for the MKV, or 3 tons for MKI + 2 DHS.

SCR-PRIME

Edited by Cuddlytron, 29 August 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#47 shygye

Rookie

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTortuga Dominions

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostBokuden, on 26 August 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

My preregistered unit isn't displaying for me in -game and I can't create the unit. It gives me the following detailed error:

"Unable to create the unit. An error occurred."

Your not alone Bokuden, I have the same issue..as far as fixing it I am still trying to get a straight answer I'll let you know what I find.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users