9 replies to this topic

#1 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

Why do several unimportant planets turn up named on the main star map? I could understand the capital planets of the Successor States, so remove St.Ives, Circinus, and Alpheratz from the map. Thank you.

#2 Ghostbear Gurdel

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

Those are the capitals of the St Ives Compact, Circinus Confederation and Outworlds Alliance, respectively, all minor and periphery powers

#3 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

Then I would hope they add the other capital worlds for other Periphery nations, however minor they may be, otherwise it's misleading as I can understand from a player's perspective... lore not withstanding. :)

#4 GOLFisNOTaSPORT

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

On a related note, it bothers me that the St. Ives Compact is shown as part of the Confederation, though its capital is listed. It also bothers me that the Suns and Commonwealth aren't shown as being allied.

#5 Lucity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 108 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

I hope one day they do add the Periphery units as factions.

#6 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

btw... I found the Clan homeworlds on the map... and the Pentagon worlds too! :)

#7 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

I'm more worried about the fact at least one entire area is messed up (Hanseatic League) almost beyond recognition. Yes, I know it's more of a "who cares about the HL in this period?" thing, but... what else may have slipped under the radar?

(thread where I reported those issues: http://mwomercs.com/...-be-widespread/ )

More on topic, I'd like the minor factions to have their own zones of control represented on the map as well, both for aesthetic reasons and to cull obvious border errors... No, Canopus IV is not within FWL zone of control. No, New Vallis is not within FS zone of control. Etc.

Plus, would make some of those faction areas easier to find, when talking about deep periphery at least.

#8 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

Greetings all,

Have you noticed that some of the top located Planets within and along the Periphery region are now indicated as 'Grey'.
- could this be an indication of lost contact with that location?
- These Grey Planets are spread out all along the Invasion route of the Clans.

From the edge of the FC to some areas in DC territory.
- Can we start to use the 'grey indicated Planets' as an indication of Clan movement?

If you zoom in on these various locations, till all the Planets appear, you can almost make out a distinct line across this great swath of space.
- Do we need some 'shadowed out' areas added to the map now?
- Areas where hyper pulse traffic has stopped, or at least gone coded.

Reference here:
Posted Image

Just saying,
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 27 August 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#9 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Grey worlds just mean they're not owned by any particular faction that's already represented on the map. Clans aren't represented yet (though their worlds are mapped out)

All the Oberon/Valkyrate region worlds that are neutral in the faction map atm were not owned by the DC or FC at this point in time so, no, they don't really mean they're Clan either. (though I think most, if not all, probably are clan-owned by now)

#10 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

Also, there appears to be at least one major (canon wise) planet that got left out so far. Coventry (in Lyran space) is the site of a major Battlemech factory as well as the Coventry Military Academy. Has anyone noticed other (major) planets that should be added in that got missed?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users