12 replies to this topic

#1 Conductor Rarity

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 90 posts
  • LocationLots of different places

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

Our website owner, Nytus Preregistered ( http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3638010 ) us for your unit creation module. However, because of how the public test went (We were unable to create our unit on the PTS), whether or not we were preregistered was up in the air (at least in our minds. I put up another post voicing my concerns about that after the test.) Because I could not be sure whether or not our unit was going to be registered or not, as soon as I patched the game I tried to create our unit, and I was able to. So from my perspective, our unit had not been injected and we could just go about our business normally since I thought that I had officially got it myself. HOWEVER, as soon as I tried to add funds to the coffers I was kicked back to the unit creation screen as if it had never been created. I tried to create again "Unit with this name already exists". My only course of action at this point is to hope that it was injected after all, Nytus had control over it, and that me creating it had been a bug. Later today, Nytus was able to get on (right before the hotfix). When he got on he told me that there were two people in the unit, Me and Him, but I could not access and only had the inner sphere home and create unit buttons. The servers then came down for the hotfix and when Nytus logged back in he was no longer able to access the unit same as me, only having the Inner Sphere Home and Create Unit Buttons. Both of us have tried to create the unit again, but we cant as the unit "Equestria Royal Guard" already exists in a database somewhere but neither of us have access to it. I'm hoping you're able to clear this up quickly and reinstate, at the very least, Nytus's access to it (while removing mine so I can be re-invited). Addtionally I will be opening a support ticket along with Nytus to increase exposure of this issue.

#2 PigMonkey

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSome place where I don't know where I am.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

I am experienceing the same issue.

#3 ski2060

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

My Unit is going through the same thing. My Unit leader, Doc Bach, pre-registered our unit Murphy's Law.
Today, I got on after the patch and just to make sure it had been made.

I was able to make the unit, so I figured it had not been pre-registered. I planned to turn control over to our leader as soon as he was on. Then the server came down for the hotfix, and I no longer had the unit. It reported that a unit with that name existed, but no one of us had control over it.

#4 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Bumping because this is a pretty big bug.

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Actually just sounds like a screw up...
Unit that should have been pre-registered gets registered AGAIN.

So PGI is now stuck... Heck do they know, who is the 'real owner' of the unit.
They will be probably need to send messages to unti leaders one by one to sort out the mess.

#6 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

View PostShinVector, on 26 August 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

They will be probably need to send messages to unti leaders one by one to sort out the mess.

Nytus preregistered, and created the unit today before the hotfix. After the hotfix he was in no unit and couldn't recreate the unit.

#7 Khavi Vetali

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 277 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

Exact same issue.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3671890

Edited by Khavi Vetali, 27 August 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#8 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

Anybody who thought that "something new" will be implemented in MWO without having major issues is really naive.

But maybe we will see a hot fix in 4 - 6 weeks.

#9 Conductor Rarity

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 90 posts
  • LocationLots of different places

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostShinVector, on 26 August 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

It was a bug that I could create a preregistered unit; PGI then screwed up the hotfix. But bug or screw-up it doesn't matter. This is a major issue effecting several very large units. I've told them multiple times (here included) that Nytus owns our website. I just want Nytus to regain control of the unit so we can move forward and just have fun finally representing ourselves in game properly.

View PostDesintegrator, on 27 August 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Anybody who thought that "something new" will be implemented in MWO without having major issues is really naive.

But maybe we will see a hot fix in 4 - 6 weeks.

I don't think anyone expected there to not be some bumps (like I said whether we were preregistered or not was up in the air for us). But I don't think anyone expected this. I'd wager it would be fixed quickly with the number of units being effected.

#10 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

Any unit that tried to create their preregistered unit by a member that was not the user who preregistered has probably mucked up their unit (leading to neither the preregistered player nor the 'helpful' player able to access the unit designation)

There was a bug allowing other people to create a unit that was supposed to be pregistered, and it seems to me that anyone who did so broke their unit. Oops. The hotfix seems to only have closed the loophole but did zip to actually repair units affected.

Best of luck to those who are affected (including my unit!) and a warning for any unit that pre-registered to be careful! only the person who pre-registered should be doing ANYTHING

#11 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

I warned my team not to try and create the unit I pre-registered... luckily they didn't. After I patched up and logged in, went straight to the Faction tab and BOOM! My pre-registered unit was awaiting my commands. I experienced no issues whatsoever with setting up ranks, issuing ranks, setting privileges per rank, or donating to the Unit Coffer. I did however notice that after one person accepted their invitation to join the unit that I could not alter rank or remove player from the unit until after the following match we played. After that it was working fine once again. Sorry to hear so many players had issues getting setup... but really, don't step on your boss' toes and do his job for him...

Edited by Grendel408, 27 August 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#12 Moku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

It would be nice to hear some official response about the pre-registered units not being in the unit founder's accounts. The hotfix clearly didn't fix everyone. What are we supposed to do other then send in a ticket to support?

Ah nevermind found their update in the unique unit tags comand chair post:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3674923

Edited by Moku, 27 August 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#13 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Nothing... filing a support ticket is your best bet. It would have been great to have the Devs post something in the patch notes regarding that the pre-registered units being setup for the unit commanders was already handled... then I believe (assume... whatever) that other members of units wouldn't have jumped the gun to get the name reserved in the MWO client. Again, stepping on toes... but I can believe PGI hadn't anticipated players to do such a thing that would screw up the ability for the unit commander to create said unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users