137 replies to this topic

#41 Spurowny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 27 August 2014 - 03:29 AM, said:

We should ask Carl, to change the PTS-MM setup bit...hm... "wider"...like...it could be fun a 12 DW vs.12 DW match.....

That would just be 24 Direwolves staring at choke-points waiting for each other to push.

The match would be good in a Colosseum type map, but we don't have one of those.

An open Colosseum probably wouldn't be very good in general rotation, but the private matches people could have...

#42 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

Sweet! They give me 7 days of premium time, then take the server down for the day I'm available to play!

Yeah, it had to happen some time, but less than a week after auto-activated premium time seems a bit like poor planning. Anyway, hope it goes smoothly.

Edit: Also, good job giving PT to anyone who has it running to compensate for the missing day. Won't help me in my case, given the days I have free though. Oh well.

Edited by Bront, 27 August 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#43 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

24 hours of premium time doesn't make up for an entire week of disconnects and failed to join matches, not to mention any disasters post maintenance. It should extend all the way through this coming weekend.

Edited by lockwoodx, 27 August 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#44 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

A fantastic way for relatively new and novice players to try out the builds they've always been wanting. It's a shame most of those new players won't actually know to download and patch the PTS client, because they have no idea where or what that actually is....

Suggestions:
-Put the Mech Factory map (even in it's current state) in the PTS map rotation.
-Give everyone at least 6 free mechbays by default, having to get them from the 'store' is a pain.
-Unlock all clan mechs for CB (seriously, new player tries timberwolf and loves it -> wants to buy it -> $$$ for PGI)

-Spam all your social media outlets to download the PTS and patch TODAY, rather than have everyone scramble tomorrow. Make sure the link to download the PTS is prominent. And explain its difference from the regular client installer, so new players aren't confused when MWO 'magically shuts down for a day'

#45 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

I hope we get an infusion of C-Bills, MC, and GXP so we all have spending cash Thursday night. Hint Hint....

#46 Cruxs

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMy parents basment.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

+1 to the what about Premium Time. So we effectively won 6 days of premium time?

#47 ImperialCrusader

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostKevjack, on 26 August 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

I've never been on the test server. So how does it work, as far as c-bills? is everyone given a huge amount, so they can buy and upgrade/fit any mech in the game easily? Are we also given large amounts of MC?

Thanks.

You need to download the test client ( its an other full game) you start with your live account c bills MC and so on, and according to testing, they give you extra cbills and MC

#48 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

View Postcruxholzer, on 27 August 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

+1 to the what about Premium Time. So we effectively won 6 days of premium time?

You get a day of premium time if you log into the test server. So if you try to play on the one day they aren't available, you get that day back. If you weren't going to play that day anyway, you're not really losing a day of premium time.

#49 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 26 August 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

does this mean I have to download the public test (again) to play?
and if so can anyone give me the link I cant seem to find it

thanks in advance

yeah you can

#50 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

The shut down would be nice if there were some improvements of the servers !

But there wont be...

So enjoy your lags once again !

#51 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

This is a good way of handling this. Kudos.

#52 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

If it leads to greater stability, I'm all for it. I could use a day off, anyways! :)

#53 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

I've seen a couple people asking about whether they need to download the Public Test again after having downloaded it last week.

The answer is: NO

Just start the Public Test Server launcher and it will automatically patch, just like the regular game client patches. No need to download it again.

Jody

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 27 August 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#54 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

Thanks JVJ

the link

#55 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 27 August 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

It will be located in Montreal :)

https://maps.google....in&z=10&iwloc=A

You moved to Wisconsin? I mean, their beer and brats are pretty good, but I never imagined you hunting deer.

#56 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostHeffay, on 27 August 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

https://maps.google....in&z=10&iwloc=A

You moved to Wisconsin? I mean, their beer and brats are pretty good, but I never imagined you hunting deer.

Tabernack.

#57 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 27 August 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

It will be located in Montreal :)

Woo it will be East Coast now!!! Hurray PING!

#58 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

Good to see you guys at PGI still don't understand the world time clock, two years later.

10am Pacific time still means on Friday evening there will be European players, many of whom have spent money on this game, who won't be able to log in. And that's only if you're transfer goes perfect. Maybe wake up early for once and start your transfer at 5 or 6am PST, to make sure you don't leave paying European customers blacked out of the game during prime time.

Given the history of extended patches/maintenance, the fact that you don't bother to account for how you might potentially be locking out a not insignificant portion of your player base on a Friday night is a bit frightening from a customer service perspective. It means you're frightfully unaware, or that you know you'll probably be hosing paying customers and you simply don't care.

We help pay your generous salaries, so for once try waking up early to do actions that might take longer than normal. Or is that against the labor laws in Vancouver?

Edited by Training Instructor, 27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#59 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 27 August 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Good to see you guys at PGI still don't understand the world time clock, two years later.

10am Pacific time still means on Friday evening there will be European players, many of whom have spent money on this game, who won't be able to log in. And that's only if you're transfer goes perfect. Maybe wake up early for once and start your transfer at 5 or 6am PST, to make sure you don't leave paying European customers blacked out of the game during prime time.

Given the history of extended patches/maintenance, the fact that you don't bother to account for how you might potentially be locking out a not insignificant portion of your player base on a Friday night is a bit frightening from a customer service perspective. It means you're frightfully unaware, or that you know you'll probably be hosing paying customers and you simply don't care.

We help pay your generous salaries, so for once try waking up early to do actions that might take longer than normal. Or is that against the labor laws in Vancouver?

Don't be insensitive, they work in one part of the world, so when they work is when it makes sense to update in case something goes wrong. Boo freakin hoo you can't play for a couple hours, go do something else for a bit its just a game.

#60 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 27 August 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

It's a 24 hour maintenance period. Quite literally everyone in the world will be affected by this during their prime time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users