I'm So Confused

5 replies to this topic

#1 DJDethGlow555

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

ok so ive been hearing about the CW which i know to be community warfare but ive also heard things being thrown around such as "Merc Group" which i thought was referencing the new faction tab released tuesday, but a quick check to the forum informed me that merc groups have been around since 2011 (possibly before) then theres the clans and houses and idk whats what or what to join or what the point of even joining one of these factions is. i started a unit and idk if im supposed to pledge allegiance to a houseor clan to partake in the faction warfare that hasnt been activated yet... PLEASE GOD SOMEONE CLEAR THE AIR!!!!!

#2 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:51 AM

CW has always been in the forums.
The community vs. PGI (And their White Knight lackeys)

Hope that clears it for you. :P

Edited by ShinVector, 27 August 2014 - 01:52 AM.

#3 DJDethGlow555

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:55 AM

Ok so what about the unit creation thing? How is that going to work? Based on what I see in the faction tab the houses control the space not the units. Do I have to somehow pledge to a house like in the factions tab on the website? To get the bonuses I mean.

Mind you this is based on stuff I've seen and heard they are to release later on

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

Basically you have been able to join a group of people who identify themselves as a House unit, Mercenary cooperation, Clan unit or whatever else but they were not formally part of the game until the recent introduction of Community Warfare phase 1.

now all those units have registered in-game and members are display the unit tag in game.

basically there are 6 Houses from Battletech lore, you can sign up with a house unit in game or declare your alliance to that house, units cannot be e.g. "House Davion" but can be the "1245th Davion Lancers"

Merc Corps cannot claim the name of a cannon Merc Corp, e.g. you cannot call your merc unit "The Grey Death Legion" but you could claim to be part of it e.g. "Grey Death, 9th battalion"

the Clans are descended from the Star League military who left about 300 years ago, there are 19 Clans, you cannot claim to be a Clan e.g. "Clan Wolf" but you can be a Clan Unit e.g. "324th Wolf Cluster"

if you have created a unit start inviting people, create a recruitment thread here:
http://mwomercs.com/...ons-merc-corps/

the unit will not really do anything of great significance until the later phases of Community warfare arrive

View PostDJDethGlow555, on 27 August 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

Ok so what about the unit creation thing? How is that going to work? Based on what I see in the faction tab the houses control the space not the units. Do I have to somehow pledge to a house like in the factions tab on the website? To get the bonuses I mean.

Mind you this is based on stuff I've seen and heard they are to release later on

when the later phases of CW arrive you will be able to accept contracts from the major houses, and do things like conquer planets, owning planets and completing contracts should get you bonuses

#5 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

I think all this is still very unclear at all. Unless PGI tells us how it actually will work, we can just make assumptions.

#6 DJDethGlow555

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:37 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 27 August 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

Basically you have been able to join a group of people who identify themselves as a House unit, Mercenary cooperation, Clan unit or whatever else but they were not formally part of the game until the recent introduction of Community Warfare phase 1.

now all those units have registered in-game and members are display the unit tag in game.

basically there are 6 Houses from Battletech lore, you can sign up with a house unit in game or declare your alliance to that house, units cannot be e.g. "House Davion" but can be the "1245th Davion Lancers"

Merc Corps cannot claim the name of a cannon Merc Corp, e.g. you cannot call your merc unit "The Grey Death Legion" but you could claim to be part of it e.g. "Grey Death, 9th battalion"

the Clans are descended from the Star League military who left about 300 years ago, there are 19 Clans, you cannot claim to be a Clan e.g. "Clan Wolf" but you can be a Clan Unit e.g. "324th Wolf Cluster"

if you have created a unit start inviting people, create a recruitment thread here:
http://mwomercs.com/...ons-merc-corps/

the unit will not really do anything of great significance until the later phases of Community warfare arrive

when the later phases of CW arrive you will be able to accept contracts from the major houses, and do things like conquer planets, owning planets and completing contracts should get you bonuses

Thank you so much jedi bro, thats what i was looking for, i had all the info it was just scattered and needed organizing, i appreciate the help brotha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users