10 replies to this topic

#1 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, Capital Apocalypse Lancers Compact

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

I would like to see a future challenge similar to the recent Path To Victory but with rewards for playing in a group. Rules would be the same: any mech, any game mode, no opt-in required - just achieve victory in the group queue.

MWO became a better dynamic experience once I joined a unit and started dropping with a group. This is also the primary reason I'm still playing MWO. With Unit Creation implemented, this would be a good way to get solo players interested in playing in a group before the intro of Community Warfare. Promote this challenge about a week ahead of time to give solo players a chance to join/form units.

#2 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

View PostBoloJoe, on 27 August 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

I would like to see a future challenge similar to the recent Path To Victory but with rewards for playing in a group. Rules would be the same: any mech, any game mode, no opt-in required - just achieve victory in the group queue.

MWO became a better dynamic experience once I joined a unit and started dropping with a group. This is also the primary reason I'm still playing MWO. With Unit Creation implemented, this would be a good way to get solo players interested in playing in a group before the intro of Community Warfare. Promote this challenge about a week ahead of time to give solo players a chance to join/form units.

All the new players to MW:O and everyone who plays solo will thank you for this idea..

Edit - What you might try to suggest is a Challenge where there can be awards for solo and groups separately.

Edited by FlipOver, 27 August 2014 - 06:21 AM.

#3 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

The reality is I'm sure that they can promote a challenge that can track for a player playing solo or for groups of players. I for one don't won't have to grind in the pub queue for all of my challenges.

#4 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

This is certainly the right time for this kind of thing. The regular challenges are fine (free stuff is good!), but we can already see that solo-only challenges have inspired a lot of really terrible solo queue play (suicide, LRM spam, outright DCing, etc.). We could eliminate a lot of these problems in a team challenge, since presumably, you won't deliberately do things to ruin your teammate's chances when you actually think of them as your team.

Two thumbs up!

#5 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

YES!!!

#6 H2CO3

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Did anyone ever tell you how much of sexy man you are for this, Bolo?

#7 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

Just you Carbon but that's your job as the Morale Officer - make each Lancer feel special. :)

#8 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

Thank you PGI for the current Lance Challenge, its a nice change from playing the Solo queue.

One complaints - limiting it to only a 4-player team is too restrictive, leaving too many player out of the challenge. The Group queue takes 2 to 10-player teams and any group challenge would be more fun if it allowed the same limitations. I would rather have the prize tiers set higher as long as groups of 2-10 players would qualify,

#9 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

View PostBoloJoe, on 06 September 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

Thank you PGI for the current Lance Challenge, its a nice change from playing the Solo queue.

One complaints - limiting it to only a 4-player team is too restrictive, leaving too many player out of the challenge. The Group queue takes 2 to 10-player teams and any group challenge would be more fun if it allowed the same limitations. I would rather have the prize tiers set higher as long as groups of 2-10 players would qualify,

2~4 Man dorps would of been fine. But eh...

Posted Image

#10 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

I was thinking the Group Challenge as a incentive to get solo players teaming up with each other or existing units (now that we have them ingame) in advance for Community Warfare. I didn't like the forcing to play with a certain number of friends that was implemented in the Lance Challange. An open group queue challenge would also be more "user friendly" to the casual players that just want to play the game, more playing less looking for teammates. On a positive note, the rewards are great and please more challenges in the future.

#11 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

Group challenges with more playing less looking for teammates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users