Annihalator Daishi?

12 replies to this topic

#1 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

Sup chaps. Dont have any clan mechs, but the daishi is one i want. I was wondering if anyone ever tried a Annihalator style daishi build

DWF-PRIME

Something like this. Is it any good?

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

View Posttheta123, on 27 August 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Sup chaps. Dont have any clan mechs, but the daishi is one i want. I was wondering if anyone ever tried a Annihalator style daishi build

DWF-PRIME

Something like this. Is it any good?

I have personally tried it. You'll love the effects, sounds, feel, and attitude of the mech. You don't have a good killing potential early on, but later in the match, you can be a real nightmare for people to deal with.

I preferred running it on my DWF-B, so I had an energy weapon for back up. (Now I'm running 9xERPPCs on the DWF-B as my fun joke build).

Also, watch out for the slow re-fire rate on the LBXs, and the need to chain fire them. Ghost heat can bite HARD.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

Havent' driven that particular one, but (any number of ballistics) + (any number of lasers) on a Daishi is pretty awesome. It's hard to go wrong wth that much free tonnage and a pile of ballistic weapons with lasers to supplement.

#4 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

Okay lads, thanks alot. Now i'm hungry for that shotgun daishi :)

#5 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

View Posttheta123, on 27 August 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

Okay lads, thanks alot. Now i'm hungry for that shotgun daishi :)

The DWF did come on sale today, 15% off.

I recommend waiting until it's there for C-Bills, and then, when purchasing a variant (if you plan on keeping all three, you're fine, go ahead), make the DWF-B your last, since they are all identical, except the B has an energy hardpoint in the CT.

#6 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

Remember, you can only shoot 2 gausses at a time.

Edit: Wait, that's not the Gaussilla alt. Nevermind.

Edited by Bront, 27 August 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#7 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

Actually the loadout is kinda wrong if your going for a loadout like the Annihilator. Its 4LBX 10s and 4 med Pulse lasers. Either way looks pretty fun.

#8 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Here's how I would do it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e310e9a9ce31358

You do the same ballistic damage, but save 4 slots and a whopping 14 tons. In MWO, single large weapons almost always weigh less and take up less space than multiple smaller weapons that do the same cumulative damage. All the extra space and weight gives you the ability to mount 4 C-ER LLs, so your not losing any range, probably even gaining some ranged effectiveness considering LB-X spread. This bad boy can kill almost anything in one shot, and that "almost" goes away with another volley of either the lasers or the ACs. You don't even need two full alphas to kill an Atlas. I know of nothing else that can do this without having range problems or overheating and being unuseable. Heat's very manageable too, so long as you mind your lasering. Finally, just as icing on the cake I squeezed in a targeting computer that gives some great buffs to crits, weapon range, and target info gathering at the cost of one measly ton. Just imagine and drool over the components you'll be destroying and limbs/torsos you'll rip off for meaty salvage bonuses...mmmmmm...

And here's one more version that is exactly the same except it moves all the weapons to the arms and mounts one less heat sink so it can use an AMS:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0cafb0b01d6744b

Enjoy!

Edited by Mcchuggernaut, 27 August 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#9 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 27 August 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Also, watch out for the slow re-fire rate on the LBXs, and the need to chain fire them. Ghost heat can bite HARD.

4 LBX10s have ghost heat? That is rediculous, it cant be that bad though, its a really cool runing weapon system...

Also 6 LBX5s is way better, much tighter group, way better range, way better rate of fire, still nearly 2.0 heat, no ghost heat, good but not great ammo capacity.

Edited by DONTOR, 28 August 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#10 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostMcchuggernaut, on 27 August 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

You do the same ballistic damage, but save 4 slots and a whopping 14 tons. In MWO, single large weapons almost always weigh less and take up less space than multiple smaller weapons that do the same cumulative damage. All the extra space and weight gives you the ability to mount 4 C-ER LLs, so your not losing any range, probably even gaining some ranged effectiveness considering LB-X spread. This bad boy can kill almost anything in one shot, and that "almost" goes away with another volley of either the lasers or the ACs. You don't even need two full alphas to kill an Atlas. I know of nothing else that can do this without having range problems or overheating and being unuseable. Heat's very manageable too, so long as you mind your lasering. Finally, just as icing on the cake I squeezed in a targeting computer that gives some great buffs to crits, weapon range, and target info gathering at the cost of one measly ton. Just imagine and drool over the components you'll be destroying and limbs/torsos you'll rip off for meaty salvage bonuses...mmmmmm...

And here's one more version that is exactly the same except it moves all the weapons to the arms and mounts one less heat sink so it can use an AMS:

Enjoy!

I dont want that

I want a 4 shotgun LB10X daishi.......

I dont care that that build of yours performs better ;)

its a nice build.
And i appreciate the time you took into writing that post!
But it doesnt have cluster firing epic cannons

Edited by theta123, 28 August 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#11 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 28 August 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

4 LBX10s have ghost heat? That is rediculous, it cant be that bad though, its a really cool runing weapon system...

Also 6 LBX5s is way better, much tighter group, way better range, way better rate of fire, still nearly 2.0 heat, no ghost heat, good but not great ammo capacity.

My mistake, the LBXs have no Ghost Heat.

#12 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:14 AM

View PostMcchuggernaut, on 27 August 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Enjoy!

UAC 20's are such a waste of heat and ammo. i'd rather run a dual LBX 20 setup.

i'd try the quad LBX 5's first before going LBX 10's, and slip on a few ER med lasers for in case ammo drys up, unless u decide to go with er sml laser spam. 8x tends to chew thru late match torso's like butter.

#13 Krostif

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

run something simular on my prime just switch the small lasers to 4erml all in the left arm ... just works better for me and i gotta say it kills fast the faster firerate off the lbx is a killer and rips mechs appart in no time also no ghost heat =D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users