4 replies to this topic

#1 WaKK0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

This is not a ***** or a rant, this is a suggestion; please, take it as such.

Premium time and how MWO handles it:
Basically, MWO handles premium time like a subscription based service where even if you don't use it, you lose your time.

What I'd like to see:
MWO would handle premium time like a car uses gas. The gas is only being used when you're actively using the car. So for this example, I buy 30 days of premium time... play 1-2 hours a day, premium time only uses up 1-2 hours per day, instead of 24 hours of that day.

The reason for this. I get busy and work is unpredictable or bugs happen that prevent me from playing, in which I would lose (and have) premium time during which I can't play for any number of reasons. Unlike a subscription based service which I can put on hold or cancel when something comes up, MWO just keeps ticking down the timer. While its more cost effective to buy the highest days of premium time, the system penalizes those that don't have the time to commit to playing the game as actively as others can.

A prime example of this in other games would be "Loadout" where the consumer buy X number of days for their version of premium time, and only as you play does that time get used.

Any how, this is just a suggestion and something I'd really like to see in this game. Would encourage me to buy premium time again knowing that I would just lose my time because I didn't have the time to commit to what I purchased.

Thanks again for your time and consideration of this suggestion.

#2 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

You are addressing a concern many of us have, however that wouldn't work (as a business model) considering the price per hour that MWO practices. For you suggestion to work the price must go up and freebies (like last weekend's 7 day premium) will have to be given in minutes our hours - not days.

My suggestion, as I have stated before, is to adopt a system that you can only activate 30 days at once - just like any online game with monthly subscription. That would be fair, especially for those that buy bigger packages and those who got all these hours as a bundle from other purchases (founders, phoenix, clan invasion...).

I also have trouble on taking advantage or my premium time, and if I could break it in monthly chunks, that would make a huge difference in my customer satisfaction.

#3 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

I'd settle for being allowed to "Pause" the Premium Time once a month. PGI could even monetize that by allowing us to purchase "Pauses" with MC. I'd stock up on a couple so that I could stop my Premium Time around the holidays or when life just gets busy.

#4 WaKK0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

View Postsabujo, on 27 August 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

I also have trouble on taking advantage or my premium time, and if I could break it in monthly chunks, that would make a huge difference in my customer satisfaction.

I'd be good with weekly, but not monthly. I can usually look a week down the road and say "I have free time for this", but not a month.

#5 WaKK0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

BTW, I thought I'd have time for MWO this summer; started off nice and slow, activated my 90+ days of premium I'd been saving up for a break. Well I managed to get in maybe 10 days at all this summer and have 10 days left of that time :\ Would have been nice to not lose it; however, was my choice to activate it and try. I just couldn't find the free time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users